Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaids without makeup?

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I'm not really a make-up fan at all. It just gets ugly on my face no matter how many times I try. So I go natural 99% of the time and no makeup in the water at all
    Your imagination is your only limit

I almost never wear makeup in or out of the water. most of my mermaid photoshoots have been completely makeup free.
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/

I never usually wear a lot of make up in the water. Sometimes I'll put on a little bit of eyeliner, blue eye shadow and mascara. But I like to stick with the more natural mermaid look Although I do tend to think I look very plain without any make-up on.

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Hi all!

When I do wear makeup, and that's really seldom now (I have severe dry eye, which my Ophthalmologist told me was from swimming in chlorinated pools most of my life...). Because I don't want makeup to flake into my eyes, I do use waterproof eye colors and liners... Problem is, I ran out of my special makeup remover, and went back to buy more and its no longer made. Using it so seldom, I maybe bought it every few years. This stuff was awesome, because if you did get it in your eyes it didn't burn.

What is available now for removing waterproof eye makeup?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

(((HUGz))) & Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Yeah, make-up for mermaids, I feel like, should just enhance natural beauty (like its original intent)
    I feel like it shouldn't be so dramatised, it just makes the whole effect more unrealistic :/ Granted, some are performers, but i still feel like the whole effect should be about the tail really :P
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    Hi all!

When I do wear makeup, and that's really seldom now (I have severe dry eye, which my Ophthalmologist told me was from swimming in chlorinated pools most of my life...). Because I don't want makeup to flake into my eyes, I do use waterproof eye colors and liners... Problem is, I ran out of my special makeup remover, and went back to buy more and its no longer made. Using it so seldom, I maybe bought it every few years. This stuff was awesome, because if you did get it in your eyes it didn't burn.

What is available now for removing waterproof eye makeup?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

(((HUGz))) & Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Actually you can just use olive oil. You don't have to worry about it clogging your pores. There's a YouTube vid of how u can remove makeup with just olive oil.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I think it depends, because some people are more inclined to wear makeup than others. I wear not a lot but a significant amount of makeup day to day, but with water...

I don't wear much makeup when I swim (I'm not professional) but I do wear a ton more when I do photoshoots (in and out of water)
    Mermaid Jewel

I don't wear makeup in the pool because I am not skilled enough to find good make-up. And I also don't like paying money. And I don't want it to run into my eyes.
    I do wear make-up for land events though. I can't resist that sparkly liquid eyeliner!

I prefer to wear make up to even out my skin tone and make my eyes stand out, but it's usually not super heavy:

Here you can see the lid:

As for mermaid stuff.... haven't found something yet. I love doing crazy make up for costumes as if they are "markings" for events or photo shoots, but for a party, I'd probably do something simple. I don't want little girls to think they should wear a ton of make up because the mermaid did. :-/

I also see face painting more of another type of art I do rather than changing my look, or another's, but then again, I do zombie make up and masquerade masks out of make up for myself and friends. Haha Whole 'nother field.

Though, doing all natural can be best for your health, especially if you're just n swimming for fun. Some make up is good for photos so you don't get washed out.

Wah.... I've blabbed. Haha

Oh yes I had my eyeliner tattooed on like that about 20 years ago. (called permanent makeup) It is still there just a lot fainter now. I like that look on you Kailani

Btw this has nothing to do with this post but primer is your best friend with water and makeup!

I agree with Kailani though, so evening out skin tone and natural makeup to make your eyes stand out.

Looking good Kailani <3
    Mermaid Jewel

Thank you, girls!!

I have done shots totally bare. (Literally, I did nudes) I find that while they are great photos, I don't like how small my eyes look or what not. I like some kind of definition

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    Actually you can just use olive oil. You don't have to worry about it clogging your pores. There's a YouTube vid of how u can remove makeup with just olive oil.
    Thanks SeaGlass Siren! I will give olive oil to remove waterproof makeup a try! At least I have it around the house and don't have to go buy it to try it. Appreciate the idea!

Bubble <3's
    me, Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

No problem marla
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    i hardly wear any makeup unless going out to a party or with friends and holidays. For mermaid gigs I plan on just wearing light eyeliner, mascara and a bit of lip tint to make my lips rosy.

I wear makeup to events/bookings; usually photographs are taken, and from a professional perspective no makeup can make your face kinda 'sink' in photos, if that makes sense? Especially if they are using flash on their cameras! Kids always ask how I put my makeup on underwater, though! lol! I just say "mermaid magic", haha! For regular swims I go without, because its too much effort for just having fun! haha! If I think a photograph underwater might be taken, I just put on mascara as it helps frame my eyes

I actually wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis but I never even bother for swimming because it never even lasts.I do imagine mermaids would naturally look different to humans though like I can see a mermaid naturally having colors on her face that match her tail.
    User previously known as "MermaidBonny".

Here's my tips and two cents! My mother is a college professor and she NEVER wears makeup but she has had one tube of lipstick for 20 years that she uses on her cheeks and lips when she lectures. WHY? because In public speaking, mermaiding, or any other type of performing makeup gives a woman's face more definition and contrast. Women typically have smaller features than men and its harder to see facial features from far away or underwater and especially in pictures. I like the way I look much better with makeup because my features are clearer and don't get lost in the water.
    If you have the confidence to go without makeup, give yourself a round of applause because you rock!
    User formerly known as "The Balsam Mermaid".

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I just wear clear chapstick on my lips cos my lips get dry and crack easily.

I've never worn makeup, though the one time I did try it, i went out to my interview... After interview, shopping, walking around, i came back looked in the mirror and I had PANDA EYES!!!

No wonder I didn't get the job... Yesterday, I tried looking for shiny waterproof lipstick but didn't find any.

I don't know the first thing about makeup I only wear my waterproof mascara haha lol
    I'm not a makeup girl girl in general