Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz's H2o Style Silicone Mermaid Tail Process

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Okie dokie...
    1- How old are you?
    2- Everyone keeps saying you're so young...how do you have all this money?! Hahaha (sorry if that's a rude question)
    3- You seem very smart!
    4- This is all awesome, good job (:
    5- Is that a giant bag of friskies? :P
    6- Where did you get the ultracal from and how much did you get? I remember finding a place in Hollywood that has it for cheap
    Last edited by Usagi; 07-12-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: forgot something!
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

1. 12
    2. It's my birthday present/bat mitzvah/sweet 16 xD
    3.Thanks
    4. Thanks
    5. Yes I'm working in the place my cats eat
    Name:  IMG_1602.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  226.5 KB
    We found a new cat the other day and he has an underdeveloped ear, so we named him Nemo, as if he had a lucky fin
    Name:  IMG_1585.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  164.4 KB

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    cuuuuuuuuute!!!!!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    TWELVE?! you are soo goin places, kiddo!
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Lol Thanks!
    My first half of the fluke is done, kind of! Here's a picture
    Name:  996825_10201722439169831_1391037039_n.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  217.2 KB
    Im so happy with the way it came out! It's exactly the way I wanted it! The area where the lines go across in the middle is a little thin so I applied more silicone to make it thicker so it's curing right now. Other then that I'm pretty proudxD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jazz2453; 07-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Nice Job Jazz.

Jazz is going places there's a few posts about Jazz in some other threads already on here, and we did an article about her foundation in Tail Flip. Jazz is pretty cool.

This is so exciting, and Nemo is adorable!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    AAAAwwweSome!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Finished that second half! WOOT! Now I'm going to sleep.

Does anyone have ideas on how to get these 2 together on the side?
    Name:  IMG_1644.JPG
Views: 1029
Size:  350.7 KB

If you have any silicone left, you could pour some on a flat surface and wait for it to cure, After it cures you could glue it it between the gap (with more silicone). But make sure its thick enough.
    Formerly known as "kimmie".

good luck with the gaps. You could just make your skirt long and wide enough in a triangle to cover the top of the fluke that's open
    Name:  534067_379563325433650_2074990169_n.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  159.8 KB
    merman jesse's above

Mermaid Cascada, I was thinking that but I wanted confirmation before I went through with it. Golden pearl, I was thinking that also even though that wasn't my original plan of design, but if it comes down to it, I guess I'll have no choice. Thanks for the help

Wow you're only 12! I'm two years older and I can't sculpt like that lol. I think it would work but make sure the silicone is thick enough and strong enough. After you secure the strip in place you could even put silicone over it to hide the seams and make it stronger. Your tail looks great so far! Good luck!

As for the paints maybe try mixing less silicone in the paint if your going to airbrush or maybe try the paint by itself. I've not painte silicone yet so I'm not really sure if I can help with this lol. I guess it's something to try. Good luck!

This is coming along so well and your fluke looks amazing!!!!

If you don't want scales coming down the side of your fluke, I would make a strip like Cascada said. I've been experimenting with painting with silicone(so much fun!) and the silicone smoothes itself out when you paint it on with a paintbrush. I had a test patch of scales that were too thin...I had tiny holes in between them...but when I painted them I just added a little extra where it was thin and now the scales are the perfect thickness.

Basically if you add the strip you shouldn't be able to tell after you paint it. Silicone becomes seamless if you paint over it with a thick enough layer and it looks like it was always one piece.

Good luck!! It's so exciting to see how quickly you're getting this done!

uh, AMAZING
    looks like it's gonna come out great!

"See dude? The ocean is beautiful! You don't need to be afraid of things that are beautiful!"
    -Jake the Dog c;

Here's a video of my finished fluke!
    Last edited by jazz2453; 07-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.

that looks really GREAT!
    Last edited by Mermaid Oshun; 07-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.