Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult (custom) Fin Fun tail?

Adult (custom) Fin Fun tail?

I know Raina just ordered one for her niece, but I was wondering if anyone has ordered one for themselves. Specifically, one of their custom order adult tails. I'm thinking about getting one as a first/practice tail, but I don't want to have to pay for their monofin if one of my own will fit into the fluke. Has anyone ordered from them?

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Yeah, I've been lurking on Fin Fun's website, wondering if I should give up on my infuriating homemade monofin and just buy a tail. I wonder if the fluke can be painted on? It looks a little plain.
    Last edited by Aziara; 08-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I just got their monofin today, will probably order a tail at some point in the next month or so. I would think you can paint it, or sew stuff onto it, or glue... It is stretch fabric, so you may want to be a little careful what you put where, so it will still stretch, but i am planning on modifying my tail some when I get it. Price is about $90.00, so I thought it would be a good way to start. I did have them say that they have had some trouble with the scale fabrics rubbing off and leaving the black underlayer showing in spots, so I am going to go with just a plain 'pirates gold' tail. (Though the disclaimer was only on the fuchsia, blue and silver scale tails, not the green or gold...)

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    So how do you like the monofin, Echi? The "one size fits most" is what is really worrying me.

I'm a womens size 9 wide shoe. I haven't had a chance to try it on yet, but I'll let you know how it goes!

when you put on the monofin, your feet just slide around
    When nothing goes right, go left.

Hi there Seraphina Suds. I was thinking the same thing.
    Cause I'm thinking if also buying a adult custom tail from them in their dark blue tails but I can't descide what dark blue tail I like the most and I wonder if I can get a matching bikini top bikini bottom and swim shorts with either dark blue tail. Cause they both come in women's medium for the bikini set and I think tail and the swim shorts come in I think a size large but I'm not sure.
    Cause I'm also thinking if using it all as my practice outfit as well since I have never swim in a monofin before or a mermaid tail before and I can descide on them or mermaid Kat or MagicTail.de and I don't know what tail would be best to swim in for oceans seeing how when I can I would like to go to mer meets when I can.
    I just need to know how to order it all so it all fits me and so I know the sizes for everything and what the shipping will be since I live in western Massachusetts but I don't know where the company is from and I have tried looking to find out but I couldn't find out where they are.
    If anyone can help me get the right info for everything that I said above so I know how much everything is and what the shipping is for everything in custom adult sizes please let me know as soon as you can cause I don't even know how to order everything in adult sizes as soon as I know all of the info that I need.
    I hope to hear from you all as soon as you all can about everything that I said above so I know what direction I should go to when I do have the money saved up for either tail that I said above.
    User formerly known as "Rebekah The Element Merfairy."

Rebekah, they have a website, http://www.finfunmermaid.com/. If you check on there, it will tell you how to order a custom tail. They have a sheet you will need to fill out with your measurements. I have had good luck sending them e-mails with questions, also. I am not certain if they make the bikini tops/bottoms or swim shorts in adult sizes. I believe I asked a year or so ago, when I ordered my first tail from them, about getting a matching top and was told (nicely) that they did not do custom tops. Ask and see, though! Good luck, I really enjoy using mine!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    I have 2 tails and 1 monofin, I love it and totally recommend them for first time fabric tails.

Downsides: not much propulsion, (depending how you look at this one...) they've got premade tails, if you're on the plus sizedend sized end, you may have to custom order.

Upsides: premade sizes (I'm a large, and their women's small fits me perfectly) so no waiting to be made, they ship very quickly. Don't need to have a certain foot size, their foot pocket is open. Monofin is floppy, giving a real look underwater. Newer colors are more pricey, but are machine washable. Inexpensive, very affordable for just about anyone.

Junior Member Union of Pods of the North
    I just received an adult custom tail from them, and will be posting a review as soon as I get a chance to swim in it!

Hi everyone. This is an update to my post that I did above. Around 12:30pm today I put in a order to them for size women's medium arctic blue set of the tail with monofin bikini top bikini bottom and tankini top.
    Since I put the order in today I should hopefully have it Thursday or Friday in the afternoon since it is being mailed by Ups and I'm hoping to finally be my favorite thing that I always felt like being for Halloween.
    Since I'm hoping to have it in time for Halloween I'm going to dress up as a mermaid and sit on my porch and pass out candy to the kids and I need some ideas on how to put up my hair and what kind of sweater or coat I could wear since it might be cold out that night.
    When I do get my package in the mail, I'm going to have my fiancé do an unboxing video and pics and I'll post them here or on my own thread as soon as I can and I'll have pics of me dressed up for Halloween as well and I'll post all pic on my private Facebook page for now till I can make my Mer facebook and YouTube pages.
    Please leave me comments on everything that I said above so I can know what to do for Halloween since Ill be outside maybe in the cold on my porch and passing out candy to the kids.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think a coat with a hood would be cool, mermaids with hoods seems really mysterious to me. Or a pirate style hat(it is close to Halloween so you could find pirate stuff) with a jacket that has shiny big buttons, so you could be a pirate mermaid. I think you should look for vintage things at a second hand shop. Or maybe a long style coat so the tail is getting all the attention, distinctly appearing if the coat is dark colored but the tail is bright. Or have a lacy shirt that is decorated with frills under the coat, and have a curly wig so you could be a Victorian mermaid.

A sequined jacket would work with a tail.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Hi everyone. Thanks for all of your nice comments above about ideas on what I can do about a sweater or a jacket on Halloween night.
    Im trying to stay as close as I can to my Mer name and pic but to be able to use something that I already have at home since I don't have any money at all to buy any of your ideas that you said above since I only had enough on my card for my Fin Fun Mermaid stuff.
    Please leave me a comment below as soon as you can about everything that I said above if you think you can help me with everything that I said above.
    Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 10-29-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Hi everyone. This is a update to my original post with my Merfairy pic that you see in my other post on the Pod Of New England Facebook page, if you are a member there and saw my post there.
    I finally have my blue fabric tail, matching bikini top, bikini bottom, tankini top and monofin all from the same site.
    I ordered them from Fin Fun on October 28th, a blue mermaid tail with monofin that is from the mermaidens collection, with a matching tankini top, bikini top and bikini bottom and I got them in the mail on October 30th so that I could be a mermaid for Halloween the next day.
    My niece saw my tail in my profile pic and absolutely loved it and said that her aunt is the best mermaid ever and I asked my sis, her mom, if she would like me to surprise my niece at her birthday party next year in I think August and they both love the idea.
    Now I'm wondering is, what else do I need to get so I can look like a professional mermaid as much as I can for my niece on her birthday next year I think in August?
    Cause I have a few of my own ideas on what I would like to have made but I don't know if they can be made to match my top and tail and I don't know if anyone can make them match and I don't know how to make them myself since I have never made anything like that before and I don't know where I can go to find everything that I would need to make each of my ideas and have them all done before my nieces birthday party next year.
    Im also wondering if anyone else bought a tail and a few other things from them if you can show me some pics of your unboxing pics of everything that you bought from them?
    Cause I made a unboxing video of mine and I had a few pics of me in my tail and top from Halloween but I need to figure out how I can do my unboxing pics of everything that I bought from them so that I can post them here and on my Facebook page as soon as I can.
    If you can help me with everything that I said above please leave me a comment below or a pm as soon as you can and I'll try to post unboxing pics of everything that I ordered from them here as soon as I can.
    Last edited by TaurielTheElementMerfairy; 12-29-2014 at 06:31 PM.

I ordered a tail from finfun for my daughter. We bought a monofin pro and she has a hard time getting her feet in the tight openings of the monofin. For anyone curious, while there are two openings in the monofin for your feet, that's it. Your feet move around inside the monofin. Also, it is an open ended monofin so anyone poking around at the end of the tail can see your feet.

Their tails are specifically designed to support their monofins so you may not have much luck putting another fin inside. Otherwise, the tails are cool and my daughter enjoys it.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South

I just bought one of their tails, but I'm curious as to how long the fabric and design will last in the long term. I was also a bit worried whether their adult M would fit me since height wise i should fit but weight wise im well over it... will see and post tomorrow when it comes in.

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Labrynth's Avatar
    Im a curvy Australian size 14 and i went with a size small, it fits great, my issue was with the material within the monofin, i had it for 3 months and i will admit i did use it alot, i swim regularly/weekly at my local pool, however the insert had started to crack. I have ordered one of the new inserts they have now created are made from a completely different material and is claiming to be unbreakable so i have high expectations! lol

I just went swimming with my new insert last night. I'm putting together a review video comparing the two.

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Labrynth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    I just went swimming with my new insert last night. I'm putting together a review video comparing the two.
    Oh awesome! Link us up when you post it! =)