Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Mer-Resort Planning Committee

How have I never found this thread before? Oh my goodness!!! This is soo cool. I don't know if there's a lot that I could really help with, but if the idea moves forward and there's something I can do to help, let me know? I'll brain storm a bit to see if I can't think of anything more serious to contribute to the planning. Take care lovelies!

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Rivera's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rivera on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Rivera's Youtube Channel
    I know this thread is getting older now, but has there been any recent news regarding this concept? I'd love to promote a gofundme or help somehow. I think a design that includes a couple caves or waterfalls could play into a natural home for mermaids, and having some sort of "mermaid watch" (similar to that of a whale watch), mermaid feeding or mermaid classes could help reimburse the funders.

Hello, new to the site and came upon this while looking around and I have a few ideas, in case this is still a thing
    Land that's cheap and in a warmer part of the U.S really is a good idea, because building costs are going to suck up money, and quick, especially with heating/cooling costs, how much is built on the land, and what the land is classified under (residential/commercial/etc). But, a way to help keep costs down is to build major buildings with boxcars, because you don't have to pay for building taxes on them since they aren't buildings. They can be stacked and connected to create bigger buildings, you can put windows in them and make them homey, all at a reasonable cost (Especially if it's done by us and not a contractor)!

Another great thing that can be done is making Cabins out of them, so you can have varying sizes for one or two mers rooming, or 5-10, and anyone who wants to camp? Bam, you can make a designated place for not only tents, but campers too~

A great building to cover an indoor pool with is a greenhouse type structure if the land is in a good area for it. This will let sunlight in and keep the pool warm, while keeping the elements out.

I know I'm not the only one with dogs, so having a designated dog play area would be beneficial as well, so everyone's dogs can run and romp around safely, and if a swim pond is made it can be near the water enough that they can have a doggy beach!

I prefer camping in the woods or by the lake to resorts because of the unusual feeling I experience every time we go somewhere far away from the city life with my family. It's also a cheap way of spending free time, especially for people enjoying active rest. I've recently found an interesting blog about main camping tips and gears https://activegeardirect.com/top-5-best-camping-tables/