Even mermaids need tech support.

*meep*

Name:  merwantit.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  33.0 KB

. . . want . . .
    Nashoba - The Native American Mermaid's Facebook

Ka-Powell Entertainement

"The difference between a net that catches you and a hammock that cradles you is your perspective."
    -Nashoba

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    It's a hotel built around a central dive tank. The whole concept is based around divers not having to leave the hotel.
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    HOLY CRAP I did not realize how big that tank was until I saw the diver.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Nyx's Avatar
    Add Nyx on Facebook
    Follow Nyx on Tumblr Visit Nyx's Youtube Channel
    wohoahaoaa I just found this thread, this is awesome!
    The hotel aquarium is my favorite, it's in my bucket list.
    *cough* warning for shameless advertising
    I don't know when you mers plan on starting this project (if it happens) but I'm planning to become an architect and doing properties featuring water (pools, ponds, waterfalls, etc.).
    Though I'm barely just a rising senior in highschool so thats a dream in the distant future <XD

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I'm planning to become an architect and doing properties featuring water (pools, ponds, waterfalls, etc.). Though I'm barely just a rising senior in highschool so thats a dream in the distant future
    Nyx, since this one is in our backyard, imagine what we could have done with this old quarry in Winston-Salem.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Mer-Resort Planning Committee

I am only 14years old so I don't have tons of money but I would donate $100 dollars to this project and I would contribute many hours of time designing the pool (I am very good at design) in hopes of getting reduced price vacation paradise, if it is ever decided on 😔. Personally I like the property that visionarybri has with a pool that looks natural and has waterfalls on one side with a secret passage through them to get to an indoor cave pool. I think we should have a swim up poolside bar so Mers can eat and drink and socialize without having to remove their tails.

This is what we should design it is a swim-up bar inside of a cave pool:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376268159.613302.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  33.0 KB

Here is a picture of what the outside should look like:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376268525.619207.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  233.8 KB

I also like the idea of a pool-side fire so we can warm up during nighttime swims.

This is what the waterfall passage to the cave could look like:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376268871.663437.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  39.3 KB

We should also have a fireplace by the water to warm up during nighttime swims:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376269213.513021.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  40.5 KB

I defiantly like the previously mentioned number of people to unlimited number of Mers, and I think making it a tourist destination is a great way to generate income.

I can just picture Mers perched atop this beautiful waterfall:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376270253.810334.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  29.4 KB

These two pools have nice little spots to put on tails:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376270349.247471.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  17.0 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376270992.540336.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  31.4 KB

I think this would be a great way to keep the pools filtered. It costs the same as a normal pool AND is environmentally friendly!:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376270547.443654.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  40.7 KB
    To learn more about this method go to this site:
    http://www.thedailygreen.com/green-h...460908#slide-1

We could also have a small waterfall ledge that we slid off of and into the water:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376271071.930062.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  43.9 KB

If we want a more modern yet still natural theme this would work in a larger scale:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376271094.746625.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  35.4 KB

I also like the varying depths and outcroppings in this pool.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376271227.213717.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  36.1 KB

If the people in charge of this project like Marlin and Visionarybri want my help designing the resort please private message me, or comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just wanted to let you know, that some of the Faeries of Faeriecon and the other fairy festivals around the country have been expressing interest in building a fairy town or community, and several seemed interested in my suggestion for a submerged section for the merfolk and water sprites.

Also, children's fun pools with varying depths, water guns shaped like spouting whales and the like, and other games and waterpark-style attractions would be a nice touch as well.

Re: Mer-Resort Planning Committee

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    Just wanted to let you know, that some of the Faeries of Faeriecon and the other fairy festivals around the country have been expressing interest in building a fairy town or community, and several seemed interested in my suggestion for a submerged section for the merfolk and water sprites.
    I was just talking to a friend about this very idea that I would implement if I was rich.
    I feel the seawater in my veins. I listen to the roar of the sea and it speaks to me like a mothers voice. The tide pulls at my heart. - Night Tide

maybe when spa castle poconos opens in NYS we can get them to have a mer weekend?

It's a cool idea, but going to take a lot of work and a lot of money. I think equity financing is the only way this will happen. Financing this will be difficult. Which shareholders will supervise the hotel? Where demographically, would this hotel take place that's cheap enough and has a bunch of recreational mermaids interested in visiting? broadening it into a fantasy-based hotel is a good idea. Get more customers of interest that way. If you guys are serious about this. Start a business plan together and figure out who wants to be the shareholders and who merely wants to help fund it. (Shareholders means owners) we should research the things that are inspiring this idea like the Radisson blu hotel.
    http://www.sba.gov/category/navigati...-business-plan

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Disney will be building a little bit of Pandora at Animal Kingdom.

Next door, Universal Studios has Hogwarts and is building Hogsmead.

Whose to say a faerie/mermaid kingdom wouldn't work as well? Perhaps tie in with The Hobbit and/or Once Upon a Time?
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    If you guys can pull this off, I'll seriously have to consider moving to the US

Honestly, I so love this amgh. If I could put some funds together, I'd TOTALLY contribute to this. I also agree that Southern US would be a good idea as far as swimming weather goes.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    Marlin i find neptunie2 idea very very good

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I think we should use crowdfunding. What the other users find

Quote Originally Posted by Odette View Post
    It's a cool idea, but going to take a lot of work and a lot of money. I think equity financing is the only way this will happen. Financing this will be difficult. Which shareholders will supervise the hotel? Where demographically, would this hotel take place that's cheap enough and has a bunch of recreational mermaids interested in visiting? broadening it into a fantasy-based hotel is a good idea. Get more customers of interest that way. If you guys are serious about this. Start a business plan together and figure out who wants to be the shareholders and who merely wants to help fund it. (Shareholders means owners) we should research the things that are inspiring this idea like the Radisson blu hotel.
    http://www.sba.gov/category/navigati...-business-plan
    This. This is exactly what we need to do. If we're going to be serious about doing this, we need a plan. It's a buyer's market right now, but opening up anything to the general public as a hotel or resort probably isn't the best financial idea. We need to put it near a city that's thriving, in a place that doesn't have horrible weather, and is at the best location for everyone to get to. Texas is a good idea climate wise, but when you think about how spread-out we all are, somewhere in the southern plains/midwest area would probably be better. We would need to have a manager and staff, and accountants and architects and marine scientists. The money it will cost to pull something like this off will be astronomical, especially in this economy, so my suggestion is we start small. Perhaps purchase a small camp-like area that already has a natural swimming area and won't need too much work, and find some way to make money outside of the mer community. We're also going to need a project manager, someone who runs the whole thing, as bouncing ideas off of all of us will take too long. Wait for the economy to turn back up before attempting anything major, but get the land and other supplies now. We can make this happen, but if we're ever going to do that, we need to stop fantasizing pool ideas (no matter how awesome said ideas are) and start planning a business. In reality, that's what this is going to be.

I like that the land in Texas is cheap, but what about insurance wise? Depending on the area we would have to think about hurricanes and such. I have no idea on prices for insurance there. Just thinking ahead.
    An area people like to vacation in and that already makes a lot of money during summer/winter is a good idea.
    The connecting indoor outdoor poolis a great idea love the waterfall, but people would need to be able to see to the other side so that they do not bump into eachother. Also the opening would have to be very large.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Or florida in the near of Tallahassee is a good place I think.