Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Christian Mermaid/ Mermen out there?

Senior Member Pod of Cali angelstarfish's Avatar

Follow angelstarfish on Tumblr Visit angelstarfish's Youtube Channel

Any Christian Mermaid/ Mermen out there?

I'm a Christian (Nondominant christian). I was wondering if there are any other Christian merfolks out there? If not a Christian, then what is your religion?

I grew up in a fundie Christian household. Now, I'm a pantheistic secular humanist Sometimes I practice pagan magick, but I see that more as ritualized Law of Attraction that functions on the level of quantum physics.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I was christened catholic when I was a baby, but as I grew older I followed the baptist faith. But now that I am older I really don't follow anything. Sence my grandmother pasted away I haven't gone to church at all. To many memories of her when I go, so I don't go.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Pod of The South Ariadne's Avatar
    Add Ariadne on Facebook
    Southern Baptist here! And while we are sharing...I love eating seafood. A lot.

I'm Roman Catholic...I'm a pretty guilty Catholic though, having not been to Mass in weeks... O.o There are some things within the Catholic/Christian dogma that don't seem right (for example, LGBT issues - though overall, [good] Catholics are open minded and tolerant of anybody they come across) BUT I don't feel that just because it isn't perfect, that I should leave. No denomination is going to be perfect.

It's cool - if we all believed the same thing, humanity would be so boring!

Im the daughter of a retired Southern Baptist minister and my in laws are missionaries. Ive ventured down many paths that have led me back to Christ. I have an amazing story of how He protected me from large sharks while mermaiding in the Bahamas I should share. The story is kinda long but if you want to know just ask

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    I'm Christian, non-denominational--I think. I've never been really sure what my denomination is, lol. I do however believe in some things that many Christians find odd-- such energy healing, Chakras, kharma (technically, kharma is a Christian principle too--'reap what you sow') and some other things that many people see as 'eastern' beliefs. My mother-in-law believes reflexology to be occultic, so I just don't talk about such things with most folks in my church.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

I'm Roman Catholic, and go to church every week, etc. I am not burdened by guilt, possibly because my parish priest was shockingly supportive when I was coming out of the closet, and said that the church's only real objection to homosexuality is that it doesn't make new baby Catholics, though I have since encountered less rational and less imaginative priests who attempt to refute that. I choose to ignore them. I also grew up in a region with a strong Quaker influence, and so have a more accepting perspective than some people. Also, I have an interest in world mythologies, and figure that if God can be three people (father, son, holy spirit) then there's nothing stopping Him from being thousands of others to different cultures. I find most forms of neopaganism that I've encountered to lack something, though I am considering coming up with my own personal form in addition to my Catholic beliefs.

Senior Member Pod of Cali angelstarfish's Avatar

Follow angelstarfish on Tumblr Visit angelstarfish's Youtube Channel
    MermaidBonnie~ I don't mind hearing your story of faith!!!

When I was born, I had a heart that was too big for my body- the doctors told my parents that I would die. Up until I was 12, I had painful seizures. When I was 11, I obtained a deadly brain infection. The doctors once more told my parents that I would die. And I also have horrible allergies. God does work in mysterious way, doesn't he?

I identify as a Protestant Christian.
    It's very cool to know that there are many other Christians on here! For a while I was thinking that I was one of very few, since when I first joined, most people I've seen on the forums claim to be pagan or atheist. Now I'm starting to see that there's quite a variety of religious beliefs on here, which is a good thing... so long, of course, as everyone is respectful of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    Also, I have an interest in world mythologies, and figure that if God can be three people (father, son, holy spirit) then there's nothing stopping Him from being thousands of others to different cultures. I find most forms of neopaganism that I've encountered to lack something, though I am considering coming up with my own personal form in addition to my Catholic beliefs.
    You have an interesting point. Faith is different things to different people. I personally tend to absorb and assimilate the things that square with my experience of reality from other belief systems when I encounter them. When I hit my late teens, I had a giant inner crisis that resulted in the dogma of the faith I was raised in to feel completely hollow to me. There was little in it that resounded as truth to me anymore. I don't feel that my experience negates the very real and positive experiences that many Christians have within their faith. Neopaganism feels a little goofy to me, but again, I have several friends who were very damaged by their fundamentalist upbringing who used neopaganism on their successful path to healing. Some of them are still neopagan, some are atheist now, and others are something else entirely. I just became something else. It all depends on what or who and how the Supreme Being manifests it/him/herself to you

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    It's cool to hear everyone's stories.
    I'm an Anglican Christian. I was brought up in a religious family- I was a miracle baby, and was supposed to have been born deformed or severely handicapped, so the doctor actually asked my parents to abort me. But they prayed and prayed, and decided to go ahead with the birth-- and here I am! As my Dad and Mum like to say-- "Ten fingers and ten toes!".

Only now I think they'll have to start saying "Ten fingers and a perfectly formed tail!", lol.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

When I was younger I was Buddhist. Lived atheist. Was Christian for some time... But now I don't believe in religion.

I believe in god, and in science, and thanking for food at the table... But I don't believe in rules telling people how to live.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I've been to christian schools, but that is as far as my religion goes actually. I'm not an atheist, but I do not believe in religions that makes it 'right' to fight a different religion. I believe in worldly spirits that guide us and protect us.
    Your imagination is your only limit

I am a non-denominational Christian. I am incredibly interested in fantasy and mythology, though it doesn't influence my faith.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

I grew up in a Pentecostal christian household and was married in a Pentecostal church, my husband was a born and raised catholic. I am the type of person that though I practice, I am accepting and loving to all, i believe to open my heart and not judge others on their looks, beliefs, sexual preferences etc and help others when I can.

I love mythology and cryptozoology among other things because i believe there is so much more out there that just what we see.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Yuppers!
    Color me Christian!
    I Believe in Christ with my whole heart. As far as established churches go, I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints(mormons).
    I know that I'm meant to be a mermaid because my Heavenly Father set me on this path to help people.
    Christ Lives!
    With LGBT issues, I have some different feelings than the leaders of my religion, due to having very separate, very spiritual experiences involving my brother and conversations about him prior to his death last year. I am a member of the facebook group Mormons for Equality, because I seem to fit with them the best in this sense.

My husband and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Oquirrh Mountain LDS temple 2 years ago. He served his mission in Fukuoka, Japan.

Aside from that, My Mom taught me growing up to "roll it in a ball", as she puts it. I believe that there is truth everywhere, and that as long as you actively seek it, and live by your personal truths, everything will work out in the end.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Varshana View Post
    It's cool - if we all believed the same thing, humanity would be so boring!
    Boring might be preferable to people smashing each other's heads in because of minor faith differences though.
    I'd take a boring, peaceful country over one filled with crusaders and missionaries at any time.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I grew up super catholic. I'm not sure what I am, I consider myself part of the Christian Left. an Online movement of people who believe in God but disagree with many current church teachings. The Christian Left support gay marriage, women's rights, and other things, and put our main focus on giving people they need (e.g. if we are pro life then we have to support unwed mothers, make liveable wages, health coverage etc). It's a really amazing movement. For a very long time I felt lost, because I really disagree with things happening in the Catholic church but I do feel a sense of God. You can check them out on FB https://www.facebook.com/TheChristia...ref=ts&fref=ts you may not agree with everything but the idea of TCL is you don't have to, so long as you believe in loving others and helping!