Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Any Christian Mermaid/ Mermen out there?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by theAfanc View Post
    Fair enough, I should have read the whole thread but I find that unless it is a tutorial or a progress thread I don't need to read the whole thing if it's really long. I do apologize for being out of line but I read this last page and noticed the discussion about mermaiding being derived from Pagan things so I didn't think it was out of place. But I will back out from this thread and I have actually found the Wicca thread you mentioned
    I'm glad you shared, though!! I'm a Christian, as probably everyone knows at this point, but I certainly enjoy learning about other religions and people in general. Feel free to message me anytime! Blessings!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelda View Post
    No worries! It's difficult for us all to navigate the forum sometimes!
    So true! Oh, and if any Christians here would like some encouragement and fellowship, there's a thread here that is wonderful for that!
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...p-Thread/page3

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I actually thought this was that thread. Apologies, Afanc! Though my point's not totally moot, I was not as correct as I thought I was xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelda View Post
    I actually thought this was that thread. Apologies, Afanc! Though my point's not totally moot, I was not as correct as I thought I was xD
    No worries at all. Everyone was nice about it and I don't feel like this was particularly a miss step. I got to know more about you folks and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid_Sarina's Avatar

Follow Mermaid_Sarina on Tumblr
    I'm a Christian Mermaid Presbyterian born and raised, I'm a pastors kid but I didn't come to faith until a few years ago. High school was the time in which God really led me to believe in Him alone. Its awesome to know I'm not alone in my faith along with my Mermaiding! <3 God bless!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Sarina View Post
    I'm a Christian Mermaid Presbyterian born and raised, I'm a pastors kid but I didn't come to faith until a few years ago. High school was the time in which God really led me to believe in Him alone. Its awesome to know I'm not alone in my faith along with my Mermaiding! <3 God bless!!
    Hey fellow PK! Born and raised Pentecostal here and going to bible college in a few days! I'm so glad I found this thread!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I was watching some of your Youtube videos Faithonthebass - I watched your video talking about all the different fabric tail companies because I was doing research for our preacher's daughter who really wants to be a mermaid after she saw me swim as a mermaid and then got to try using my monofin. Then when I saw you are a preacher's daughter I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Good luck at Bible college!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I was watching some of your Youtube videos Faithonthebass - I watched your video talking about all the different fabric tail companies because I was doing research for our preacher's daughter who really wants to be a mermaid after she saw me swim as a mermaid and then got to try using my monofin. Then when I saw you are a preacher's daughter I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Good luck at Bible college!
    That is a funny coincidence haha! Thank you! 😝

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Lutheran Christian over here!
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Follow Mermaid Joy On Twitter Add Mermaid Joy on Facebook Add Mermaid Joy on Google+ Add Mermaid Joy on Bebo Add Mermaid Joy on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Joy on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Joy on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Joy on Flickr Visit Mermaid Joy's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Joy's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by angelstarfish View Post
    I'm a Christian (Nondominant christian). I was wondering if there are any other Christian merfolks out there? If not a Christian, then what is your religion?
    Hi! I'm a non-denominational Christian like some of the others here.

I've lived in a Christian home all my life, and both of my parents are Christians. My mom is one of the wisest and most trustworthy people I know, and a very strong Christian. She's so smart, I love my mom!! I feel like as I've grown older, I've become a deeper Christian, and I can't remember a time I ever felt Christianity wasn't true. My mom has always encouraged me to think for myself, although I still catch myself adopting opinions of people I look up to. When my mom was pregnant with me, all the people in our church thought I was going to be a boy, but God told my mom one day that she was having a girl and she was to name her- my name, I'm not quite comfortable revealing my real name on the internet. There were some complications with my birth, and the doctors said I'd be deformed, but I ended up being the healthiest baby in the hospital (it was a small town). I apparently had the largest ambilical cord they'd ever seen and actually sent it off to be researched for science. In case you haven't noticed, I like talking to people, although I'm usually a bit more shy in person.

I fell in love with mermaiding one day when I just spontaneously decided to look up the dolphin kick and saw someone use a tail. It almost felt like it wasn't really my idea, but either way, I'm glad I saw that video. After tons of ranting and raving about how awesome mermaids are, and a failed attempt at making a monofin, my parents, who have been very supportive, are getting me a mermaid tail for my birthday! We had to take a trip to the United States though, so I won't actually get to use my tail until I get back. I'm so excited to try it out!! I'm hoping to start some kind of business out of it, although I also love the idea of using mermaiding for charity. I may even just do mermaiding as a hobby/exercise though. It's hard to say at this point.

I loved reading through the forum and seeing everything everyone had to say, even though I disagreed with some peoples' ideas and beliefs. As for weather or not God approves of mermaids, I doubt he'd call anyone to be mermaids if he disapproved of them.

Sorry for the diatribe! Haha!!

Hi me too. XD
    All the mermaids are just so joyful! Mine is the French spelling and it is my middle name.

Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Follow Mermaid Joy On Twitter Add Mermaid Joy on Facebook Add Mermaid Joy on Google+ Add Mermaid Joy on Bebo Add Mermaid Joy on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Joy on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Joy on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Joy on Flickr Visit Mermaid Joy's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Joy's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Joie View Post
    Hi me too. XD
    All the mermaids are just so joyful! Mine is the French spelling and it is my middle name.

Wow that's so cool!! It just seems so mermaidy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Joy View Post
    Wow that's so cool!! It just seems so mermaidy right?
    Yep!

You are never alone.
    There are about

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yep!

Have you swam with a monofin before?

Sent from my XT1028 using MerNetwork mobile app

Have you swam with a monofin before?

Yes many many many times now

You are never alone.
    There are about

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidBonnie View Post
    Im the daughter of a retired Southern Baptist minister and my in laws are missionaries. Ive ventured down many paths that have led me back to Christ. I have an amazing story of how He protected me from large sharks while mermaiding in the Bahamas I should share. The story is kinda long but if you want to know just ask
    I would love to hear it sounds awesome

I am a baptist Christian, not where i need to be at all in my faith.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yes many many many times now

Wow! That's so cool!! I can't wait to try it out. How different is it to swim with a monofin vs. swimming without one?

Wow! That's so cool!! I can't wait to try it out. How different is it to swim with a monofin vs. swimming without one?

It makes you a lot faster in water. if my friends and I raced across the lake, I can be at the shore in about two breaths while they've only moved like 10 ft. Do you want to move this to a message conversation? I'll be happy to tell you more. I figured that would be a better place for to talk since we're not talking about Christianity anymore.

You are never alone.
    There are about

Member Undisclosed Pod
    It makes you a lot faster in water. if my friends and I raced across the lake, I can be at the shore in about two breaths while they've only moved like 10 ft. Do you want to move this to a message conversation? I'll be happy to tell you more. I figured that would be a better place for to talk since we're not talking about Christianity anymore.

Haha ok sure!