Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any Christian Mermaid/ Mermen out there?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMage108 View Post
    I am a Christian, non-denominational or however that is spelled. I had always had a belief in God since I was younger but didn't truly become saved until I was...14? Ever since, I've never looked back. I don't really attend a church. I have problems with churches, so I do more solo studying, as well getting different perspectives on biblical matters elsewhere such as online. I wouldn't mind going to church, but it really can't get into all the loud music and people falling on the ground (Yes, I'm from the south :P)
    Maybe you could try a Lutheran church? Thats my denomination, its really kind of a relaxed setting, while we do sing a lot its not really loud and clapping and what not, more hymnal songs and praising. Its the closest Protestant church to the Catholic type mass but MUCH more relaxed. Everyone's always quite friendly and lighthearted but at the same time we still take our Worship very seriously. That's what I love the most about my denomination. (: Good luck in finding a church and in your studies. God bless!!! (:

I am baptist christian / hindu . Very odd to many but not to me since I am west and east indian. My dad is a minister and so are my inlaws. They are pentecostal.

I'm a pastors kid so I grew up in an evangelical covenant Church. Currently I'm attending a Presbyterian Church and I work with the middle/high school youth group as a leader. My best friend is the church youth director and her husband also works with us.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by merman475 View Post
    Mermaid Dottie, It's nice to meet a fellow LDS member on here! I know what it's like to live with LGBT issues, believe me. And I absolutely love that your hubby served in Japan. That's one of my favorite countries!
    Hi there! Nice to meet you! Where you from? what can I call ya? What's your favorite hymn? What color is you dream tail? Have you met Thalassa or Jessica?
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Uh, I'm an Episcopalian. Hi?

Hey, so just a shout out to all them Mennonite Brethren goers out there! There can't be too many of them... The church I go to has probably got to be THE most hipster church this side of the mountains. And before you disagree and then try and prove how yours is, I have two words: Pajama Day. That's right. An annual Pajama Day. We meet in a movie theatre on Sunday mornings. The series going on there right now is about time travel. During the summer, all of the volunteers at 'Kids Church' (K-5) are too tired to do anything, so we dubbed all of June, July, and August as 'Summer Cinema' where the kids literally sit and watch movies every week, while the volunteers sit in the back and eat candy. Our senior pastor used to be a Christian comedian. During our Stampede Breakfast (I live in Calgary, we do one every year), we had a pen set up with ponies for the kids to ride, and next to that, a guy at our church had brought over 8 Ford Mustangs for the adults to ride. Instead of doing potlucks, we all get together in small groups to make our own sausages and perogies (cuz Mennonite) and then we bring them to the movie theatre, get into teams, and see which team can eat the most sausages and perogies in a certain amount of time. And JUST to top it off, the youth group logo is a picture of Jesus riding a skateboard and the caption is "Yes, Jesus can in fact do a complete 720 spin while turning water into wine". And people say church is boring.....
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Not Christian. Wiccan here.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Our church is not that chill. We wear hats and sometimes gloves on Easter, but we drink a lot of sherry. A lot. We probably are the sherry industry's biggest client. We do, however, have the dubious distinction of possessing the ugliest church ever (Cathedral of St. John the Divine in NYC.)

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostariel Telrunya View Post
    Hey, so just a shout out to all them Mennonite Brethren goers out there! There can't be too many of them... The church I go to has probably got to be THE most hipster church this side of the mountains. And before you disagree and then try and prove how yours is, I have two words: Pajama Day. That's right. An annual Pajama Day. We meet in a movie theatre on Sunday mornings. The series going on there right now is about time travel. During the summer, all of the volunteers at 'Kids Church' (K-5) are too tired to do anything, so we dubbed all of June, July, and August as 'Summer Cinema' where the kids literally sit and watch movies every week, while the volunteers sit in the back and eat candy. Our senior pastor used to be a Christian comedian. During our Stampede Breakfast (I live in Calgary, we do one every year), we had a pen set up with ponies for the kids to ride, and next to that, a guy at our church had brought over 8 Ford Mustangs for the adults to ride. Instead of doing potlucks, we all get together in small groups to make our own sausages and perogies (cuz Mennonite) and then we bring them to the movie theatre, get into teams, and see which team can eat the most sausages and perogies in a certain amount of time. And JUST to top it off, the youth group logo is a picture of Jesus riding a skateboard and the caption is "Yes, Jesus can in fact do a complete 720 spin while turning water into wine". And people say church is boring.....
    Whoa! Sounds like you have a very fun church. My own church is a brethren church, similar to Mennonite in some ways. We do cookouts and get togethers, but nothing that exciting.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Haha yep I think I found a keeper. Pretty much it started out as a 'normal' church, and then there was a point where the venue we met at ended up needing to be demolished, so we moved into a high school. And then a community center. And then another school. And then the movie theatre. Along that road, people just started getting more and more 'chill' about everything, until it pretty much turned into a whole bunch of people getting together and doing random stuff while going to church too! Every year, the staff for the church do what's called Bananalympics, where the staff get separated into teams and compete in games that have to do with bananas. Last night was Bananalympics, and my mom is on staff, so we got 'front row seats' (a.k.a. sitting on the ground in the parking lot). The games consisted of 1) 'Cover one team member in shaving cream and see how many banana peels that you throw at the person will stick to them', 2) 'Cover a team member in creamed banana see how long it takes to get all of the banana on top of their head', 3) 'Attempt to balance three bananas spread out on each team member's face and see how long the team can collectively balance the bananas, and 4) (my personal favourite/the grande finale), ' Which team can use bananas to create a giant Slip'n'Slide on the sidewalk and have a team member slide the furthest on said Slip'n'Slide. By the end of the day, everyone goes home with a banana.
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Please delete this old comment.
    Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of Texas
    Pod of the Great Lakes

Merman Vaughn - I believe it is in reference to the children of mortal women and the nephilim.

There is so much to read on this site! LOL!!!

I used to identify as Christian...now I would more so say that I follow the teachings of Christ. The call on my life is to Love as He Loves. So I do my best to be what love is to the world around me:
    a traditional Biblical definition of love is found :

1 Corinthians 13:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

So every day I wake up thankful for a new chance to start over, and to love better... that's about it!

I'm a nondenominational Christian. I chose to follow Christ at a young age and due to life experiences that i have had, which have shown me without a doubt he lives, I still follow him today. Have a great day all

I am a Free Will Baptist. I have been raised up in a Christian home, have always went to church,and I was saved in a Christian camp.

And I will always be.

Oh awesome I am glad I saw this topic! There are so many great stories!!! I am a Church of Christ Christian - basically our church doesn't believe in instrumental music. I grew up in the church I go to, so while I might not agree with all of the things they say and sometimes find some things a little sexist (I am not a feminist and I don't call just anything sexist), but I still love my church. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. The church youth group helped me find my way in life and feel more excepted than anywhere else. Most of my best memories were youth group trips. Now I am in the college group at church which is fun, but attendance is often low as most college students are very busy or trying to figure out if they still want to keep coming to church.

One of my favorite parts about church is how people are real with you. Last summer I was a camp counselor at a week long camp the kids and youth group have and we did small 'family groups' that we met with each night and just talked about the day's lesson and memorable activities of the day. I was amazed how this one teen - who I hardly new, confessed some deep stuff one night and I felt heartbroken to hear this little girl's story about how her momma died a few years ago and how her Dad was going blind and she has to take care of him. She was so young, and already having to deal with so much. I had no idea what to say to them all. I am so amazed at how fearless they were to open up and say what was going on in their life. I just wish I was a better people person to help them more. I don't talk to people much and I really don't hang out with people much either.

My struggle right now is finding some sort of good work to get involved in with the church. I don't like kids and the church women assume that because you are a girl, you like kids and want to help take care of the kids in the nursery. I don't know how many times I have had to turn them down and other people down for doing little kid events. I will have to see if they have a group that goes out and does yard work for elderly people or something along those lines. I like yard work and I really enjoyed doing yard work for widowers back when they did that in the youth group.

I was baptized in a creek called Shell Creek - before I was baptized I found a pure white bird point arrowhead on the creek bank. To me it symbolized that my soul was about to be cleansed and made pure. It was a great day!

God bless!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Last edited by Max-Mermaid; 02-22-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Protestant non-denominational mer! Born and raised in a christian home and so very very thankful for that.
    Someone else said it too, I had no idea there were other christian mers. This is really cool