Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call and Introductions!

Mermaid greetings and magickal bubbles to all the Pod of the South mers I haven’t said hi to yet!
    A warm and swimmy hello to you Aniganatis, Ivoryleopard, jukumerboii, nerinethemermaid, Star and FlowerBite!

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I suppose I'd belong here - I live in Arkansas. I'm LittleTreasure, age 19 - I haven't really decided on my mermaid name although I want to pick one out, but anyway, I'm a sophomore at my university, studying art, and my tail is also in production now. I wasn't on the original Mer.Yuku forum, but I definitely lurked there.

Ahoy! I am the Merpirate. I am a educated Pirate so you will be getting very little of the talk like a pirate crap form me. (ok I will admit I have said shiver me timbers a time or two) I live out in the sunshine state. (Florida) When I am not doing crazy things on a stage (I am a member of a RHPS cast) I like to help my own personal mermaid and her twin out as often as I can. (Hi baby I know you will read this). I love legends and stories so please pass any on you have

Welcome aboard and what does RHPS stand for?

Alveric

RHPS stands for Rocky Horror Picture show. I am a member of a cast known as Interchangeable parts, IP for short.

Got it. Thanks! And once again, welcome.

Alveric

Junior Member Pod of The South ryanneishere's Avatar

introduction.

Hello, I'm Ryanne. I've lived in Florida for about three months now, but before I lived up in North Carolina.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

well im not from the south as a residence but i do have a summer home in florida does that count and i do have my own tail made by my tail company that i do p .r for which is mermaidcreationsinc.com and our tails are awsome and are very durable
    these tail are epa approved and are very fast in the water i so love mine that i bought my gf one as well and being a stock holder in the company its very nice as well i hope to come vist everyone if you would like that this summer i will be down south this summer for vaction maybe we can arrange something

Are you talking about this URL instead? http://www.mermaidcreations-inc.com/
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Hey Gary! How's it going?

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Guess I should probably say, "hello", over here, too. I was known by the same name over on meryuku as I am here. I live in South FL, and work throughout the tri-county area (from Dade to West Palm Beach). My day job is as a children's entertainer (making balloon animals, painting faces, glitter tattoos, etc..) and as a belly dancer (which reeeeeeally did a lot for my mermaiding). I became weeki wachee certified this past April, and am currently working on a Neoprene tail to fit my new body (it changes a LOT after having a child) to be used for an event begining January 3rd. After that event, I will be painting scales on it (for now it will just have the general paint colors), and then I will begin my more involved sequin tail, which I expect to take me most of 2012 to complete. I will provide pictures as each tail is made. I have a 1 year old daughter named Melodia, a cat named Mr. Mittens, and four angelfish that get really excited when you wave to them. If anyone is in the Palm Beach/Broward area, you should find me on facebook and we should have a mertastic beach day

Hey Fellow Mers!
    I'm Chris part-time college student/ retail slave in Miami FL, correct me if i'm wrong but i think im currently the most southern mer at this point? unless there's one on here from Key West idk. I've loved mermaids my whole life and im super excited that i found this community. I'm gonna start making my first fabric tail as soon as i can get past this wretched holiday season(planning on making a thread to document it as well). So glad to see so many local mers on here! We should def all have like a convention or picnic or something.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    There are actually a good number of Miami-based mers. They aren't a part of this forum, and honestly, from things I've heard from a group of Broward mers, it's for the best. Just know you are not alone in your area I, myself, travel a lot throughout the tri county area, and will supposedly be having a regular weekly gig in South Beach sometime later this year *keeping my fins crossed* If you ever need help with anything, or are looking for tips, tricks, (or even work, once business picks up), don't hesitate to ask. Living as a performer is much more life-giving than being a retail slave

Junior Member Pod of The South secret_ocean's Avatar
    HI all, My nameis Nicholas and i live here in Conyers GA and havent met a single person like us out there and i have read in these posts that im not to far from some of you and would hope to meet any of you soon. It would be great to finaly have someone to talk too, about "our things" lol -huggs all-

Im not far from conyers.. Im in Loganville..

Junior Member Pod of The South secret_ocean's Avatar
    yay im not alone!

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Hey everyone ^_^ I'm from Jacksonville, Florida. I currently am tail-less. But I've made two cloth tails a few years ago. Sadly they were no where to be found when I moved...
    I would like to make a new latex tail whenever I get the money since I'm graduating this year from high school. Woot! I'm a lifeguard annnnd I'm going to be working quite a lot to pay for a new set of fins...

oOoOoO! Southwest FL (fortmyers, naples, bonita) mer here!
    I'm about three hours out from tampa.
    Really looking forward to swimming with some other mers some time in the near future ^.^

Howdy YA'LL. I'm Mermaid katrid...living in Pinellas Co., FL...currently tailless, but not for long! I've got a monofin in transit to my mermaid house and also some amazing swatches of fabric coming, too! You guys are going to have to help me pick out what material to use for my first tail! Nice to meet all of you! <3

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Hey Katrid! I live in Pinellas County too! Where do you live in Pinellas?

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star