Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call and Introductions!

Hi everyone! I'm also a St. Petersburger, I'm pretty surprised that there's mers local to me, that usually never happens with the online forums I join. I'm working on what could be considered my second tail--I grew up with a seamstress for a mom and a pool in my backyard so my mom made me a mermaid costume when I was a youngin' obsessed with The Little Mermaid and the girls at Weeki Watchee. I'm into many types of dancing including Belly dance, Polynesian, Folk Dancing, and Irish step, and I'm always obsessively creating some type of dance costume. I became intrigued by mermaiding after a fellow dancer recommended working out with a monofin, and then I thought back to my childhood costume. Finding this creative and artistic community made me want to re-live my childhood memory, and start a new sewing project.
    "It is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."
    - President John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    welcome Merlune. Im visiting St pete for the first time next week, really excited! Welcome to the community, you'll love it here. LOTS of Florida mers you can meet.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    ehello Star! I live in saint pete as well. Nice to know I am not alone in this city. How do you handle working in orlando? thats a bit of a drive. Are there any other mers in the area that you know of?

Fell free to PM me whenever.
    Last edited by Mermaid Rillia; 04-18-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: typo
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Hey all! I checked in in the Florida thread but thought maybe I should check in here too. I'm from Fleming Island, near Jacksonville. I don't have a tail yet, but I'm working on it, slowly. I don't have a job but I am learning to sew and hopefully make a little money that way. I'm 23, married, and have an immune disorder. Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

I'm in the Tampa Bay area, and am always looking for a dive buddy, and to meet all the Floridian Merfolk!
    [I][B]What happens underwater, stays underwater...[/B][/I]

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I'm in Charleston, SC but my parents live in Greer (Greenville, SC) so I'm up there every other month or so for a weekend. I also have family near Charlotte, NC so I'm there maybe every other to third month.

I also have family in South Florida (Boca Raton), so I'm down there for a few days maybe once a year. I do most of these trips on weekends (long weekend for Florida) since my boyfriend lives in Scotland so I use all my vacation days from work to see him.

Hello, I'm Enhydrina and I live in Florida(not going to say exactly where since I'm still a minor!) I never realized how many Florida mermaids there actually were! O.O
    Enhydrina ~ 3<I+O

Member Undisclosed Pod TheSolitarySiren's Avatar

Follow TheSolitarySiren on Tumblr
    Good Evening.

I'm TheSolitarySiren. I was born in Oceanside, California. Raised in Vista, California and currently reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. I work for Joann's Fabrics and Craft. I hobby a lot of sewing and costuming. I run my own etsy shop. I hope to succeed in following my dreams in performance and entertainment as a career. My mermaid tail is currently in the works due to financial stability.
    Just a loner mermaid from the far edges of the sea. Don't mind me.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Hi all. I haven't been on to actually post anything here lately, and I've been meaning to do this. Yes, I live in Texas, but I only moved to Texas when I was thirteen. Before that, I lived in a small town in northeastern Mississippi, so I still count myself as a Mississippian. SO yeah. HI and nice to meet you all~!
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Hello! I just discovered the mermaid community and this forum last week. I had my mind completely blown away when a mermaid came to my alterations shop in northeast TN to be measured for her new tail. She told me all about silicone tails, and professional mermaids. I went home and started researching and found this whole new world I had never dreamed of! And now I'm hooked and in the process of designing my first tail.

Member Pod of The South Marilla's Avatar
    Hello! I am Mermaid Marilla. I grew up in Georgia and traveled for a while and now I am back. I am married and have a son for whom I am a full time mommy. I have alway wanted to make my own tail, and now I am going to do just that! Please stop by my introduction post for more information and say hello
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...er-Checking-In!

Xoxo ~ Mermaid Marilla

Hey all u fishy friends originally a Michigan Mer but headed down to Alabama to live for a while (actually on the road right now)

Hello all!
    I'm Mermaid Calypso and I'm from central Kentucky. Currently tail-less, as my old fabric tail recently gave up on me. Working on getting a new one!

Roll Call and Introductions!

Hi I'm known as Matanzas, which is the name of the inlet which inspired the name . I'm from north Florida and made my first tail last summer. I've been getting started on YouTube, so look me up!
    Right now, I have a fabric/Lycra tail with a Finis monofin in it, and hope to upgrade to a latex one next summer! I'm trying to get into becoming an educational performer for birthdays, events, fundraiser and such, so anyone with advice on achieving that, lemme know!

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    Hello everybody! I'm Marlin, from Pensacola! I don't have a tail yet, but I hope to get one from Raven soon. Just wanted to drop in and say hi!
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    Hi! My name is Carolina Mermaid, I currently live in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. I just finished making my new tail and I hope to one day meet up with other mermaids. My new tail is made out of neoprene and layers of paint. I really want to do birthday parties and work for an aquarium.

I just moved to Florida this week. I'm stationed in Jacksonville, but I'll be spending a lot of time in the St Petersburg area as well.

Hey i just joined i'm from Florida and i love mermaids.

Senior Member Pod of The South Marlin's Avatar
    Add Marlin on Facebook
    @Mermaidgirl7- Where abouts in Florida?
    Even mermaids need tech support.

Hey y'all I'm Cece, and I'm from middle Tennessee. I was so psyched when I found that there were other mers in the area I'm currently saving up for a tail, but I'm making one too