Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not-so-busty Mers

Not-so-busty Mers

Just curious on suggestions for the "Not-so-busty" ones out there. XP

My problems have been that when I swim the top "floats off" and sort of reveals a bit of well, you know.

If I don't have something with MAJOR shape.... I look flat as pancake. :-/

I was thinking of shells, but ones that I can keep on REALLY well (Not latex, yet... I don't have the $$)

I was also thinking of this idea:

Name:  netted top option.JPG
Views: 841
Size:  47.9 KB

I just don't know where to get netting. :-\ For cheap.
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
    I just don't know where to get netting. :-\ For cheap.
    Do you have any Hobby Lobby stores near you? I get mine there. Alternatively you can purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/100312-Decorat.../dp/B001MQ3JSQ

I've heard of Hobby Lobby, but I don't know of any around off the top of my head.... I'd have to look. ><

But damn... The amazon is nifty! And cheap! >> I think... Do you think there's enough there to make the halter top look?
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Heres my post about making a scale top as you can see in the picture I'm not busty and it works it costs about 20 dollars http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...a-mermaid-top-...
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Quote Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
    But damn... The amazon is nifty! And cheap! >> I think... Do you think there's enough there to make the halter top look?
    The stuff in the amazon link looks to be a little thicker than the stuff I used but there was enough in there for a halter top. To be safe though I might get two.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    ME TOO. lol

You can buy netting at Michaels- they have several kinds (even "tones" of colors, even black) and several sizes. I usually get the 25 square foot ($10).

As for the look, the Mertailor has been using tops like that with scale patches and shells for years- his models can be pretty skinny (therefore not very busty at times) and it looks good on them!

That being said I have tried it with actual shells and it is not at all comfortable. I'd recommend it with scale patches or something similar. He's a pic from the WMAs of Twig and Mermaid Allie- they modified their tops to make it more fitting and gave it an extra umph with the shells and beads.

Also Moon Mermaid is a lesser busty mer, and she does a bra based top. I found with less busty mers if you do it right the shells can actually fill out your silhouette shape nicely.

Hm. I was going to try and do shells instead of scales, simply because I want my scales to match my tail when I get that one. >> So, I just wanted to work on the basics of my top so I don't need a different one for every tail. I'm sure I'll eventually make more, but money's tight at the moment. ><
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    The stuff in the amazon link looks to be a little thicker than the stuff I used but there was enough in there for a halter top. To be safe though I might get two.
    I'll probably get two or go to Michael's. XP
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

seaweed wrap sorta top?
    i think it would look good.....
    but probably bad to be made out of actual seaweed :P

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I made my shell top pretty easily. I am a fan of shells since they can fill you out a bit and you can wear a bra (which also fills you out) with them. You can purchase some really nice shells on line on ebay or if you have a shell shop (hit up google, you may find you have one right near you!) you can purchase some shells there. The going price seems to be about $5 a shell for the bigger ones. The smaller they are, the cheaper they get. Then decorate. I used a marine haul adhesive (found at walmart) to attach my shells and they have yet to move after at least 5 dips in the pool. If you would like to try this and need more info, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help you out!

A picture of my top. Not quite finished with the decorating.

http://lexandrian.deviantart.com/gal...53938#/d41tmu3 I made a top . I tried shells but they just fall flat and it doesn't look nice, with a top or a bra with more dangley fabric it draws less attention to the lack of cleavage.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    It is a bit delicate in the way that you do it, but I am of the opinion that if you have something with a shape to it, you can make it seem like you have more of a shape than you actually do. Something with structure will help you achieve this, not matter if it is a scale top, shells or a bathing suit.

Old thread, I know but Raven's ocotopus and seaweed tops seem like they'd be amazing for not-so-busty mers. :P

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    it draws less attention to the lack of cleavage.
    why would you even worry about that?
    Dolphins, seals, whales and others are not known for their big mammaries you know

HAHAHAHA Catluna you just made my day!
    Mermaids have more fun

Hello! I know I started this a while ago and never got back. ._. Sorry....

So I ended up going with shells and it ultimately still left me looking flat as a pancake. Boo...

I am looking at Raven's octopus top that has the head in the middle. I think and hope this will help. I love her seaweed tops, but they just don't match my mer. In the future, I'll probably get one, though. Haha
    Raven's top (not the colouring I'd get):

Here's my top:

Still hot! How'd you make it???
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Hemp, shells, neoprene, beads and E6000 Haha I could probably make you one for cheap. :-P Though, I need to work on making a wider strap. Shouldn't be hard. Haha Just up my cord number! ^_^ I love to weave hemp and hemp turns soft the more you use it, but is super strong! ^_^
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    1- Is cleavage even natural? Isn't just cause by something pushing boobs together? And why is it even attractive? Why are big boobs attractive? I don't understand society! Like, deep, deep, deep, DEEP down, are a guy's natural instincts saying, "Damn, she's got some big breasts. I bet she's got big mammaries, too. Imagine all the offspring of mine that she could feed!" Haha
    2- I am definitely a not-so-busty mer. I can't even really fit an A cup. All of my bras are push-ups. Small boobs look really weird on me because I have a large ribcage (causing them to be far apart) and also because it's not like I'm some tiny, in-shape thing. I've had people say things like, "I can't imagine you getting any skinnier!" but I conceal my fat well with clothes. Haha anyway, my point is that my small boobs look weird on my bigger frame.

BUT! There are guys that prefer small boobs, or even actually DISLIKE big ones! Do not let society brainwash you into thinking that ALL guys think the bigger the better. Also, as annoying as it is to hear...you need to learn to love yourself! I have been dealing with some crazy low self-esteem since I was 14, but I think I've come a long way. Now I see my small boobs as just making me more adorable because it's one more thing I have in common with Taiga from Toradora! ^-^ xD That's not to say I don't go back to that dark place sometimes, though.
    But this isn't all about me! There are plenty of girls out there that work that small bust! And they look HOT! Lol I know there's a lot of new, young mers joining, and I just want to say don't be discouraged if you're not super busty! I imagine they'd just mess with your swimming, anyway :P
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!