Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Star's First Tailmaking Experience

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Yay!!! Fellow Repo Fan! That picture was at the Devils Carnival showing in Tampa Florida. The guys are very nice. I wish I would have talked with Darren more, but he was more to him self. T, well, I have known him for a few years now. He was not in the best spirits that night. I am hoping that when he comes back to Florida, he will have some time for some RnR and hopefully he brings Spooky Dan with him. Spooky Dan was really great and sat and talked with me all night. He was a really awesome guys and someone I would definitely like to add to my group of friends that I hang out with if we lived closer together.

Thank you for the kind comments on my tail. I hope to make a better one soon and I will try and take pictures and post everything all at once so people dont have to wade through all of this to get the info.

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod Amore's Avatar

Setting Scales

So I have watched all of your youtube videos and read your step by step but I still have a question. I saw you laying out the scales and I was wondering if they were spread out or if some of them were overlapping at all?

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    All of the scales over lapped one another vertically by about half. Horizontally, they are side by side with no over lap but no gap either.

Follow me on facebook!

Mermaid:
    Mermaid Star

Troup:
    Sea Star Studios

Performer:
    Alexie Star

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I have a few questions for making a latex mermaid tail:
    1. can I just paint my latex into my fluke mold or do I have to pour it in?
    2. if I pour it in my mold what is the best way to get the air bubbles out of the latex?
    3. do I need a mold release in my molds before I put in my latex? (I'm using fiberglass molds)
    also how thick do my scale sheets and my fluke have to be? I'm not using any neoprene underneath.

Hello, I have a problem with drying silicone "Dragon Skin".
    My mold is not liquid plastic, silicone is yesterday buy dragon skin for my tail, the top is dry, but the bottom is still sticky (humeda. ..) why? that I can do?

Stefani I hope you have found a solution to your silicone problem already... but I had the same issue when I was using silicone to make silicone sea stars and shells for tops and what I realized is that it was the material of my mold causing my silicone to be unable to cure on the bottom. I was using a latex mold like a dumby! It specifically says in the pamphlet that comes with the dragon skin NOT to use a latex mold. lol I'll be switching to a fiberglass resin mold in hopes that it will eliminate my problem...

Follow Fallenrose.^,^. On Twitter Add Fallenrose.^,^. on Facebook Add Fallenrose.^,^. on Google+ Add Fallenrose.^,^. on Bebo Add Fallenrose.^,^. on MySpace
    Add Fallenrose.^,^. on Linkedin Follow Fallenrose.^,^. on Tumblr Follow Fallenrose.^,^. on Flickr Visit Fallenrose.^,^.'s Youtube Channel Visit Fallenrose.^,^.'s Vimeo Channel
    im sorry i have to ask, but where did u get your latex from? I wanted to know if you got it from a trusty online shop or not. Thankyou.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenrose.^,^. View Post
    im sorry i have to ask, but where did u get your latex from? I wanted to know if you got it from a trusty online shop or not. Thankyou.
    She got it from Monster Makers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*