Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VA mers, how many of us?

Quote Originally Posted by hbee2484 View Post
    Also is anyone here attending NC merfest in January?
    I want to go but sadly I just quit my job and do not know about future events whiles it's not far for me to travel I don't know if I'll have the money for room and board.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Whoa! Props to you for getting in the James at this time of year! There's a place in Richmond called Bele Isle which has beautiful rocks to lounge on right on the river. And yes of course my house is always an option come summer time =] As for merfest I am attending and will be bringing the tank! woo!

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Quote Originally Posted by Merman_Ryan View Post
    I want to go but sadly I just quit my job and do not know about future events whiles it's not far for me to travel I don't know if I'll have the money for room and board.
    Sorry to hear that Hope things get better

I've never been to a merfolk gathering so I honestly have no idea what to expect and it would be nice to meet up with fellow pod members!

I'm going to Nekocon too! I have a table in the Artist Alley! I'll probably be sewing sequins onto my tail since it's my 1 Year Mermaid-versary!
    Making a neoprene tail, working on getting the fabric.

I am currently raising funds to go to the NC Merfest, I'm on the wrong end of the state and in VA but I can take the Megabus down to at least Charlotte NC. Trying to figure out how to convince a friend to go. I may make her a tail over Christmas in her favorite colors.
    Making a neoprene tail, working on getting the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by devilkitten1 View Post
    I'm going to Nekocon too! I have a table in the Artist Alley! I'll probably be sewing sequins onto my tail since it's my 1 Year Mermaid-versary!
    I'm debating to bring my tail or not for a least a couple of photos but I'm sure to have fun none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by hbee2484 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Hope things get better
    I have applied for a temp agency so hopefully.

Also here is my Facebook page for another way to contact me:
    https://www.facebook.com/merman.ryan

From my trip to Nekocon this weekend. I didn't tail up but if we could get a group together next year maybe that would cool. Don't worry if your not a anime fan their is a large number of fantasy, steampunk, cartoon and sci-fi stuff for everybody as well.

Hi, I'm new to this, but I'm in the Portsmouth, VA area. I'm hoping to make a tail and have some basic gear by the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterfish View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this, but I'm in the Portsmouth, VA area. I'm hoping to make a tail and have some basic gear by the summer.
    As stated in the previous posts there is sparks of a swim/photoshoot for spring however I haven't seen any recent posts.

Welcome to the pod!!
    We haven't made any specific details on a meet up in the spring but I think Richmond is a nice central location that has the most potential. keep us updated on your tail progress!

VA mers! For next years potential shoot would any of you be interested in helping me for certain photos for Merman/Mermaid Minerals?

Is anyone here going to NC merfest? I need a roommate!!
    User formerly known as "The Balsam Mermaid".

Quote Originally Posted by The Balsam Mermaid View Post
    Is anyone here going to NC merfest? I need a roommate!!
    If it was just having to pay gas I could 100% do it but can't afford hotel and food for the weekend. XP The potential meet up will be my Merfest.

A list of Renfairs in Virginia. Sorry if I appear to spamming this forum I'm just trying to find many things that we could attended.

Virginia Faires & Festivals Blackbeard Pirate Festival - Hampton (Jun)
    Dickens of a Christmas (Roanoke) - Roanoke (Dec)
    Gloucester Renaissance Festival - Gloucester (Jul)
    Green Hill Medieval Faire and Highland Games - Salem (Sep)
    Harvest Faire - Newport News (Oct)
    Renaissance of the Matriarch Enchantment Faire - Stuarts Draft (Aug)
    St Luke's Renaissance Faire - Culpeper (Apr - May)
    Stone Tower Glenn Renaissance Faire (Spring) - Mt. Solon (Jun)
    Virginia Renaissance Faire - Spotsylvania (May - Jun)

Anything that is in the summer I'm down for! I've never been to any sort ofRenaissance festival but I’ve always been really interested in them
    Also I'm applying for mermaid Jessica's mermaid scholarship so who knows, I may have a full silicone tail by the summer!!!!
    User formerly known as "The Balsam Mermaid".