Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Pod

It would be awesome if you could, tho not too many places to swim here unless your family live in a lake community.... I just looked at pics of your tail! What's it made of? What mono fin do you have? It looks so pretty!!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    @ Mermaid Sabie. That's even closer than I thought. I feel though there aren't many pools in the city that would allow us mers to use our tails to swim in. I know that my tail that Jesse at Mermaid Creations has made should be shipped tomorrow and the first swim will be in a hotel pool hopefully soon. Do you have a tail and if so have you swam in it in any pools?

In the process of making one, waiting for my neoprene to get here and for it to get warm enough to order latex Did your tail arrive yet? I'd like to see a pic!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Here's another Canadian mer joining the tiny pod! I live in the Toronto, ON area. I recently ordered my first silicone tail from Mermaid Creations, wont get it for a long few months though. It is gonna be so worth it! Im also in the works of making my own fabric tail so I can practice while I wait for my silicone tail, hopefully I wont be a flailing fish when I get it

welcome!

Welcome here fellow Canadian. I also ordered and received a tail from Jesse at Mermaid Creations. Just waiting for a chance to go to a hotel to try my tail out for the first time. I bought the same type of monofin that was in my tail (one size too small at the time) to practice with while waiting. Its very interesting swimming in one. One thing I did notice when I would get the dolphin kick right, I would go through the water way smoother. I know I won't be anywhere as smooth as Raina swimming but will enjoy the feeling of being a merman.

Cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by MerMatt; 04-05-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Thankyou for the welcome c: I bought one of those child sized(it goes up to a size 7 so its fine for me) mermaid fluke shaped monofins from Finis, Havent gotten a chance to use it yet but Im hoping it will be okay for practicing. Would you mind showing me a picture of your tail from Jesse? Ive only seen a few that he has made and would love to see more.
    Also, Does anyone know where I can buy some scale print spandex that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to ship? (referencing the beautiful scale print spandex from SpandexWorld and SpandexHouse)

OMG TORONTO. <3 finally, i feel like we have enough people for a meet up!
    The SeaGlass Siren

ok im just finding out now that there are tons of people in the toronto, ontario area. i thought i was the only one!

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    If by any chance there would be a mermaid gathering in Toronto one day, I may consider coming down for the event with my Finfolk mermaid tail. I live in the capital region.

I'm gonna be up in Toronto in September on the 6th and 7th (boyfriend has a cardgame tournament he's taking part in, I'm just going along for the roadtrip because I haven't been off this island in like a decade), so I'd love the chance to meet some other Merfolk while I'm there! With any luck I might even have my tail by then, too!

let me guess ... yugioh tournament? :P
    The SeaGlass Siren

CANADIAN MERMAIDS!!!

Halifax Mermaids is currently expanding into Atlantic Mermaids and are looking to connect with mermaids in the Atlantic/Maritime provinces. IN addition, we are expecting and filing paperwork to expand to Canada wide as Canadian Mermaids. We are aiming to be a booking agent for all you mermaids! To help other Canadian Mermaids get established in the field, get materials, get clients, advertise and hopefully through us be recognized better! We are working on our system of how we'd charge people for our services, it would likely be like any other agency in that we'd either charge per booking (ONLY bookings that we get you, take a small percent), or have the option of yearly membership fees. Each package would come with different perks, resources, and plans. We currently do this with the other mermaids in Halifax and it works quite well. (e.g. I collect a small fee from every booking they do with me, or through me, and in exchange I insure them all, market them all, book them all their own gigs etc they are still free to be independent and book gigs on their own)

Right now, since we're trying to get this going, we need to prove to investors it could work So I'd like to know if any of you Canadians would be interested in something like this in the future. It's not a commitment on your behalf at all. We realize you'd want to see the whole thing set up and know exactly what you'd be getting into. But for now, we just wanna know if there are enough mermaids out there to actually support something like that, or if we were able to help get things like tails, would people take the leap?

Email me! raina@rainamermaid.com subject line canadian mermaid

thanks!

@SeaGlass: (Ohgod I didn't see your comment until like a week later I'M SORRY) Yep, YuGiOh tournament. :P Boyfriend and his buddies are gonna be busy both days playing children's cardgames for like 10 hours each day so I'll have lots of time to kill!

@Raina: Just shot off an email offering my opinion and full support for the idea. Good luck with it!

Your mermaid plan sounds great but unfortunately I`m located in the capital region. Wishing best of luck for you.

it's fine if you're in Quebec. this is Canadian wide. We would help you get bookings in Quebec as well.

Nice. Hunting for a friendly mermaid swimming pool as we speak and it ain`t easy finding one. Thank you.

I'm from Calgary, Alberta (lol, not many mers from a completely landlocked and drier-than-the-sahara province, but hey, I try!)
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

WOAH WHAT. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I'm from south Calgary too! What places do you find to swim at???
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Welcome. I am from Airdrie and have swam with my monofin only at my local rec center. I havent tried my tail there yet.