Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    @SeaGlass: (Ohgod I didn't see your comment until like a week later I'M SORRY) Yep, YuGiOh tournament. :P Boyfriend and his buddies are gonna be busy both days playing children's cardgames for like 10 hours each day so I'll have lots of time to kill!

@Raina: Just shot off an email offering my opinion and full support for the idea. Good luck with it!

well this looks bad LOL. ONE MONTH LATER :P i only just saw this now.
    hah i knew it maybe we can meet up then ;D
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    ok im just finding out now that there are tons of people in the toronto, ontario area. i thought i was the only one!
    late welcome, araxie hi!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Hello! I'm brand-new to everything, and eagerly anticipating the delivery of my first monofin (A junior-size one from a fairly unknown Ontario company called fun-fin...which I mixed up with fin-fun on ebay and ordered accidentally...I'll let you folks now how that turns out :/ ) --I'll confess, I wound up here doing research for a project, and thought I'd immerse myself a bit more (ha!). I live in Toronto, right on the lake, but I regularly swim at the community centre after work. Does anyone know if there are any flipper-friendly pools in TO where I might practice with my monofin?

there's actually al paladini community centre up in vaughan (close to canada's wonderland, just above toronto) that lets you use monofins. they let me train with those a summer ago.
    The SeaGlass Siren

I'm from Manitoba, how do I join this pod too?

Well, it looks like you figured out how to join! Welcome
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    I am glad you have some nice mermaid friendly places for swimming where you are. I am having difficulties finding a place for this upcoming winter in the capital region.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Josie Cayer View Post
    I am glad you have some nice mermaid friendly places for swimming where you are. I am having difficulties finding a place for this upcoming winter in the capital region.
    Yeah, same here. Living in the middle of Alberta without any lake to go to does take its tole! Ah well.
    All that glitters is not gold,
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not whither,
    Deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be broken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring.
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    welcome welcome! we need to recruit more canadians and take over the world! bahahahahaha
    Sorry I haven't been caught up on this pod and thread Is there any Manitobans in here or is it just me? and if so, do you want to meet up?

Hey Toronto Mers! I just got an email response to my Toronto 311 enquiry regarding monofins stating:

"It appears that all of the Etobicoke York Pools allows the use of fins and snorkels during there lane swims as long as it is not too busy. Once it get busy, we would ask you to refrain from this activity."

So, there's somewhere to practice with monofins (though actual tails would probably be pushing it). I am waiting on confirmation from the downtown area, and I'll report my findings!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    we are really hoping as Canadian Mermaids gains momentum that we can advocate to pools across Canada for the use of tails we're going to have a section on our site for pools to read so people can send them to it and see it's all legit

Just got off the phone with one of the Aquatics supervisors for downtown Toronto! The use of flippers and monofins is allowable in all Toronto public pools, as long as the pool is not especially crowded, though veto is in the hands of pool staff at any time. I went for a couple of hours last night and now I've got chaffed ankles, haha.

(Again, I was asking after flippers and monofins, not full mermaid tails, but somewhere to practice is still useful!)

Yay for canadian mers!

Im in alberta, and here in red deer the pools allow full tails during lane swims and slow days. The pool i prefer to use have a 15 foot diving tank that is tiled so nice for tails. Its also rentable, and I would definitly rent it if I could get enough mers together!
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

*********ADVICE NEEDED FROM CANADIANS********

So, me and my friend have written and are directing, filming and starring in a show that we are going to put on YouTube. I've written the scripts for the first 2 seasons and everything, and next summer we will film the first season, but I just wanted to know, (I'm playing a mermaid in the show btw) is this a good idea?

Sure why not :0

why do you need advice from canadians? lol go post in the threads for everyone, everyone can give you loads of advice on this! but not everyone can post in this thread!

Hey Canadians, I made a FB group for us. Please join. Canadians only https://www.facebook.com/groups/375142929328888/

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    why do you need advice from canadians? lol go post in the threads for everyone, everyone can give you loads of advice on this! but not everyone can post in this thread!
    Because I think Canadians might better understand how, weather conditions could effect these sorts of things. if you catch my drift...

uhm... but there's weather everywhere...
    The SeaGlass Siren

Your question wasn't really specifically Canadian. Unless you're in Nunavut our weather is on par with many USA states. Like I said not everyone on the forum can post in this thread. Better to ask the whole group