Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Pod

It was a joke! that's why I said: "If you catch my DRIFT!" Get it, drift, snow, no? ok. (I was also being a bit serious as we both live in Winnipeg...our cold...it's reeeeeal cold.)

I was in Winnipeg for the winter not that long ago. I think you'll be fine. Are you gonna wear warmer clothes?

Hello! I just introduced myself in the New members forum but i thought that i should introduce myself here to. I'm female, 26 years old and currently living in Edmonton.

I actually don't use facebook

Junior Member Union of Pods of the North MermaidMimi's Avatar
    Follow MermaidMimi On Twitter Add MermaidMimi on Facebook
    Helloo!! I am from Nova Scotia.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Mimi!!!!! You joined!!!!

Lostariel Telrunya!!! I've swam at the Shawnessy YMCA with my modified monofin a couple times and also Auburn Bay lake! I know some 8 year old girls who have swam around in the kiddie pool at the Y but not sure how they would react to us lol. I still don't have an actual tail yet but even a monofin feels amazing! Do you have a tail?
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Mermaid Jamie that would be amazing! How much is it to rent? if we could get the Edmonton and Calgary mers to meet halfway that would be where you are!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sabie View Post
    Mermaid Jamie that would be amazing! How much is it to rent? if we could get the Edmonton and Calgary mers to meet halfway that would be where you are!
    I would totally be up for that! My monofin arrived today and I'll be taking my first swim in it on Sunday.
    Last edited by River Moonsong; 01-08-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Mermaid Sabie let me chirp in on the costs of swimming in Red Deer as I have gone up there a few times to swim and plan on going back one of these weeks when I have time and life doesnt get in the way. For the lane swimming and slow times, its $5 to swim for the couple hours they have this swimming. Its been a real blessing have access to the dive tank to swim in and the lifeguards know us so they don't really worry about us swimming. Also I should add I believe this swimming time is only available on weekdays but I could be wrong.

Mermaid Jamie I hope you didnt mind me stepping in and answering her question.

MerMatt

I would be happy to join the Canadian Pod, im a new member here on the mernetwork hoping to meet fellow canadian mermaids. i am living in Edmonton, Alberta. and a big Hello to my mersister River Moonsong.

@ Nami-Tsu, You have no idea how big my smile is right now!

Thanks for the info MerMatt! I think it would be so fun to have a meet up! It might be hard to get a group together that can come during a weekday.... (I totally can btw) what do you think guys? I never realized there were so many Alberta mer,I love it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

I made a FB group for any mermaids in canada https://www.facebook.com/groups/375142929328888/

No worries matt. Its good you did since ive been up and down and all over the place.

yes lane swimming is 5$ per person, available from 11 to 1 mon to fri. They also have night one from 9 to 10 pm mon to thurs and public lane swim from 1-3 on saturdays. Thats quite a bit busier then usual lane swim and may or may not be enough room for all of us and tails. They have the dive boards open on saturday.

the pool is available for rent on the weekends. I think the dive tank is 50 or 60 an hour and the regular pool is 75 per hour.
    Dive tank is better for us. The regular pool is older and not overly deep. Better for straight swimming, the tank is better for tricks.

dive tank is 15 feet deep and not overly chlorinated!!!!!!! Its at the Michener Center.

i do need to add that there are windows on two side of the dive tank about a foot under the surface. During holidays they like to decorate them. I did not know this when i went in december and when i got close to it i discovered there was a decapitated snowman head in it. Scared the hell outta me. I also discovered you cannot scream underwater................
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

I'm from around Vancouver as well

So my mer-sister River Moonsong and I made our first fabric tails last week and finally got to go for a swim in them last night. We were so excited and still have smiles on our faces today. It was an amazing experience that has made us look forward to the next fabric tail we planned to make for our selves. we took some pictures and some videos. It was nice to have such friendly lifeguards and even friendlier strangers come and ask us about our tails. First full mermaid swim is a memory I plan to keep making.

Wowo Nami-Tsu that sounds so amazing! I would love to see pictures and videos!
    Mermaid at
    <3
    (heart)

Junior Member Union of Pods of the North
    Mer here from Alberta it'd be awesome to have a Canadian Pod