Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Pod

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    hey Kayyi feel free to join the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/375142929328888/

I think theres enough of us to have an alberta pod

Now we need to plan a swim date!
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

Yes, yes we do!

I just finished fixing my tail so I can swim in it again. Ill check monday about dive tank rentals.

Exciting news! A friend of mine owns a costume making company in Toronto. They're looking at mass-producing scale print fabric tails here in Canada! No more customs and exchange rates! AND I get to be the one that test drives the prototypes!

I'll keep you ladies and gentlemen in the loop on this.

please keep me posted if that happens my company will be the first to sign up to buy in bulk lol. We have mermaid makeover packages but also have people coming to us wanting to buy kid's tails. It would save us so much hassle and everyone so much money!

That's so awesome, Pearl! It would be insanely rad to have more Canadian-based tailmakers on the market!

May I ask the company name?

Kelly Francis costumes Inc. They've done costumes for Cirque du Soleil as well as various movies and TV shows, and even individual cosplays.

There's nothing solid on this yet, he's still sourcing materials. If it ends up being as expensive to make the tails here as it is to ship one up from the states, there's no point.

Well...I'm an expat Canadian Do I still count? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Pearl View Post
    Exciting news! A friend of mine owns a costume making company in Toronto. They're looking at mass-producing scale print fabric tails here in Canada! No more customs and exchange rates! AND I get to be the one that test drives the prototypes!

I'll keep you ladies and gentlemen in the loop on this.
    oooh! I like this idea! I kind of grew up in the GTA so...it would be cool to meet some new mers next time I head north!

Ello,
    I'm Kit and I live on Vancouver Island in BC.
    Amazed to see so many Canadian Merfolks! ♡

So in dealing with the insane photo theft of the montreal mermaid swim school, I have come across some more Canadian Mermaid companies that I didnt know existed!

http://mermaidsinternational.com

^based in vancouver

http://www.internationalmermaidacademy.com/About-Us.php

^based in ontario

our company has been around longer but I am still surprised I'd never heard of them before. I have been touching base with the first link, as there were issues with the montreal swim school stealing photos. And the owner seems really nice

The second link I am wondering if anyone knows them? I just sent their own a friend request on FB to see if I could get to know them

in an update on the montreal swim school THEY KEEP STEALING PHOTOS and everyone they have stolen from has been going after them. 3 fins, mermaid LInden, mertailor, Philippians mermaid school... I did an interview with the globe and mail and they asked me a lot about it so I am hoping it comes to light as they are getting insane media coverage with stolen photos

Toronto and looking for mers

I know its a bit early to start asking but does anyone near the Toronto area want to do a mer-meetup sometime late May? I'm going to be getting my Mernation tail around the beginning of May so it would be awesome to finally meet some of you wonderful mer-people!

Siick! Lexi finally joined

Mer kitty, put me down as fo sho. Do we have a solid meetup date?
    I'm free Mondays and Fridays

So... this is what it's like in Halifax right now.. http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/ea...rm#.ss4z4gkBJo

I would drive out to Toronto for a meetup! As long as it's in a "public" pool- I wouldn't feel comfortable swimming in someone's backyard or apartment pool without at least having gone for coffee first

Those are quite the pictures Raina. I hope at least with this storm you guys out there haven't lost power. I myself who works outside as part of my career I dont know how we would handle that weather. Thats just crazy. Also let Sean if he needs to do any shovelling not to overwhelm himself. Snow can be very heavy especially with what I say. All the best from out west in Alberta.

Matt

excuse the tummy roll... lol