Thread: A different kind of bra, good for all sizes.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar

Lightbulb A different kind of bra, good for all sizes.

I like the look of halter tops, but I also find they stretch a lot, especially when wet or stretchy material. But also my boobs end up making that knot press into my neck so bad it hurts.

Belly dancers (mainly ATS) use a criss-cross back type of bra, it kind of criss-crosses in back and connects at the bra strap area. It's very supportive and flattering on most any frame, it's an easy conversion, and eliminates bra "tabs", as well as looking a little more *magical* than the average bikini ties.

I'm extremely nickel-sensitive, so instead of o-rings or d-rings, I use fabric loops, but if you don't have metal allergies, rings can look cooler sometimes. Or you can just make sure your D-rinds are small so the straps completely protect your skin against the metal.

It looks like this flat (and without ties) and this worn, and here' a bit of explanation (not by me, but I will probably be doing some sort of walk-though of me making my own shell/netting bra shortly, and it will be this style).

I've seen everyone from skinny minnies to voluptuous vixens wear this type of top, and it really does look good on everyone I've seen it on!
    Last edited by Miyu; 08-10-2013 at 05:12 AM. Reason: wrong link

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

And to show you on a different figure... here's a photo of this style on a more voluptuous lady, front view and back view
    Last edited by Miyu; 08-10-2013 at 05:14 AM.

TwitterFacebookInstagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Texas

Add Mermaid~Summer on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Mermaid View Post
    I like the look of halter tops, but I also find they stretch a lot, especially when wet or stretchy material. But also my boobs end up making that knot press into my neck so bad it hurts.

Belly dancers (mainly ATS) use a criss-cross back type of bra, it kind of criss-crosses in back and connects at the bra strap area. It's very supportive and flattering on most any frame, it's an easy conversion, and eliminates bra "tabs", as well as looking a little more *magical* than the average bikini ties.

I'm extremely nickel-sensitive, so instead of o-rings or d-rings, I use fabric loops, but if you don't have metal allergies, rings can look cooler sometimes. Or you can just make sure your D-rinds are small so the straps completely protect your skin against the metal.

It looks like this flat (and without ties) and this worn, and here' a bit of explanation (not by me, but I will probably be doing some sort of walk-though of me making my own shell/netting bra shortly, and it will be this style).

I've seen everyone from skinny minnies to voluptuous vixens wear this type of top, and it really does look good on everyone I've seen it on!
    That is so awesome!!! I always have a hard time trying to find anything that fits me right since I have a big chest. Now I can make my own stuff
    [B][FONT=book antiqua]~Summer[/FONT][/B]

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    instead of metal rings, something like these could be used. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1578686...et=bamboo+ring
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    This is interesting, I might like to use something like this for swimming!

I crotcheted a bikini top to dance in and converted it like that with black hem tape later. I made it out of dark blue, purple, and I think black yarn and put a mermaid in the middle.

Name:  533700_425041637610023_440896508_n.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  45.4 KB

Aziara: That's a great idea Though, I think it would be better with resin bamboo rings, or at least heavily-coated bamboo rings, as the constant water exposure would break down the lovely bamboo Also, resin might be less bouyant... bamboo can trap a lot of air :P

ShyMer: You'll have to let us know if you do! I'm working on my first mermaid bra now, and doing criss-cross style, and I do hope it's comfy for swimming in!

Sourisdoll: I like your ensemble I have a crochet bellydance bra pattern I've been waiting for the right yarn for... I really like the mermaid in the middle too heehee :P

TwitterFacebookInstagram