Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Merpalooza 2013- Keep us updated! Pics and stories plz!

and yet the issue of him slandering me is still left hanging. Nice. Makes me so glad I defended this event tooth and nail for the last year.

Raina... this person (Cookie Ramirez) is also using your pictures without your permission i'm guessing

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847...18253/?fref=ts

http://www.gofundme.com/3xz4sw
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 08-15-2013 at 08:12 PM.

oh geez not her again.. Cookie is a thorn in my side. She has been told numerous times about image theft and thinks just because you serach for images on google they are free.

Hello French Merman, I just joined this site in order to clear my name to which you have so sadly and mistakenly tarnished on MerNetwork Google Search.. The Mermaid Tail to which you refer to in this photo http://www.gofundme.com/3xz4sw is by Professional Photographer Annette Batista, not Raina's at http://www.modelmayhem.com/annettebatista92 to which I have Permission to use and PH and share. So please retract that statment or correct publicly .
    Last edited by The Harlem Mermaid; 08-15-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: forget to add name

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Ramirez View Post
    Hello French Merman, I just joined this site in order to clear my name to which you have so sadly and mistakenly tarnished on MerNetwork Google Search.. The Mermaid Tail to which you refer to in this photo http://www.gofundme.com/3xz4sw is by Professional Photographer Annette Batista, not Raina's at http://www.modelmayhem.com/annettebatista92 to which I have Permission to use and PH and share. So please retract that statment or correct publicly .
    Indeed, i made a mistake based on a photo that i have seen on Raina's review about a mertailor tail.

here is the thread : http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...rtailor-Review

In my defense, i have read this thread long time ago and kinda forgot that it was an example of the tail that Raina was looking for. The months passed and when i saw Cookie's page, i don't know but i figured that it was Raina's mertailor tail. At this moment, i confess that i didn't check for facts and for the prejudice i have made, i sincerely apologize.

I'm sorry and i hope that no damage and drama will continue further than that.

@Cookie. This is not the place to hash out issue with other users. Private message him if you have a problem. As for the photomanips.. I will be checking with Annette about that. You are not doing anyone favor with your manips. Frankly as an artist I am appalled at your flippant use of others artwork. Art theft is a serious issue. I have tried to explain this to you numerous times

@nerinethemermaid. first of all this was directed at him not you, let me remove that thorn on your side for you, He wrongly accused me Publicly so i will return the favor! Stay out of my business! I frankly dont care what you think of my art manips. phots, they are for my enjoyment and anyone esle's not you. Im NOT STEALING NO ONE'S ART! So stop posting it. I have a 100 percent PERMISSION To use Annette's photos, as well as other's. And frankly my dear I dont think your such a hot artist yourself

@nerinethemermaid. first of all this was directed at him not you, let me remove that thorn on your side for you, He wrongly accused me Publicly so i will return the favor! Stay out of my business! I frankly dont care what you think of my art manips. phots, they are for my enjoyment and anyone esle's not you. Im NOT STEALING NO ONE'S ART! So stop posting it. I have a 100 percent PERMISSION To use Annette's photos, as well as other's. And frankly my dear I dont think your such a hot artist yourself
    Ok. i corrected publicly my statement and i sent you my deepest apologies but that doesn't give you the right to take it out on Nerine.
    You better take back what you just said, that was insulting.

Hello French Merman, I thank you for your quick response and i accept your apologie. It took me awhile to learn how to correctly use other artist's art and mertials without infringing ..I now have permission from several others. thanks again i appreciate it. and there is no drama .. gnite

@cookie. You are wrong. When you were removed from the Merpalooza fb group it was for violation of copyright. I have personally checked with several artist's you claimed gave you permission. They denied it at the time. I am currently awaiting confirmation from Annette about your permission. I take art theft very serious. Your opinion of my work is not concern of mine. Like my work or not.. I don't care. I don't create for you. I create my art for me. I can not be insulted when the opinion of the person giving it does not matter. @French Merman.. thanks for the defense. Much appreciated. AS for this off topic issue.. Im Done commenting about it.

yes, and I thank you, as for Nerine, we have a bad history with each other. I didn't take it out on her , she posted on my comment to you, Im only defending myself .it had nothing to do with. gnite

@Nerinethemermaid. It might have been an issue back then, but no longer, as to the other artist's you claimed to have spoken to I do not know of. But now , I do have permission for several. I too am Done commenting about this.

wow, even i know about usage of photo/art for something.... I had to do that for all the photos i used in my poetry book. It took a long time, but each one was either approved by the owner, was free clipart, or something one of my friends had. It was had, but I did it. the only bad thing i didn't do was save the emails... so, that could screw me in the end....

all i know is that I have learned a lot from everyone here, tips and tricks, advice, and whatnot. I just hope things get settled and everyone can move on... Life is too short to be at each other...
    Owner of Under Sea Mermaid Co.

Life is short.... live like there is no tomorrow, and smile all the day....

Swim fast, swim deep, but always reach for your dreams.

Oh goody. Shes copying my text now.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Im NOT STEALING NO ONE'S ART!
    Well, that's an outright admission of guilt.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I can't read all the messages Im on my way out COOKIE HAS MY PERMISSION AND I HAVE STATED THAT TO MANY SHE USED MY STOCK IMAGES.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I can confirm she's been asking for perMission and has gotten it from others including kariel and others. Though to be fair posting about her in the first place had nothing to do with merpalooza and French merman could of messaged me instead of posting. I am posting this from my phone so I haven't had a chance to see any replies but I saw it was going to drama so I wanted to clear that up. I taught cookie about stock photos and encouraged her to contact other mers and I followed up with them and I know she's been getting permission.

@raina good to know. I received a message back from Annette. She did give permission for that image to be used and permission for her gofundme.com page. (commercial usage) Glad to see she is finally doing it the right way. If only it was that easy with all the internet users.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Sorry, I didn't mean to perpetuate the drama, and my inner grammar nazi HATES a double negative.

(For the record, I am a professional photographer and art/creative director, so I DO know about copyrights and intellectual property management, both buying and selling imagery.)

@ Raina, i apologize to you as well. I understand that i should have told you beforehand.
    I'm honestly sorry because i didn't mean to bring trouble and drama in this thread.