Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet up 2014

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Mermaid Ashes, Krause springs looks like a good choice. It's about 20 miles away from Hamilton pool and very scenic, though I can't figure out how deep the water is. All the other places that look good are much further away, like the San Marcos river.

Zicoxite, depending on if I can make the meet up and if it's okay with whoever carpools with me I could probably swing by and pick you up. I'll get back to you on that.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." Anas Nin

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Marine, you'll be at A-Kon? I'm gonna be there too! At least part of a day as a mer, so look out for me! I'll hunt for you, too! And now I have no clue where I will be in June now.
    It has been established. I. Am. A. Feesh. And sometimes a Shaymin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Looks to be that way. Most people seem to be suggesting Austin because it's centrally located and has better water visibility than most lakes in DFW. I guess unless there are major objections the meet up is unofficially in Austin...? Maybe I'll make another poll for locations, but it's only useful if you guys vote. I just want everyone who wants to come to be able to, so the sooner we pick a location and date the easier it will be to plan.
    Awesome. I'll keep checking in. When I come for a visit, my family is in the DFW area and my car gets 40mpg. I'll be able to fit two more people with me. Are we staying at a hotel then? or a motel? I think it would make it easier to all be at the same place for an overnight night stay. Then we could all watch movies and order pizza at night! lol or something. I'll be bringing my bf with me

Mermaid Pickles, that is awesome! We should definitely meet up and swim in the hotel pool! I'm local so whenever you're at the con I can be there.

Coyote, that is a great suggestion. We could pick a hotel and reserve a couple of rooms on the same floor. Personally my only requirements for a hotel is that it be under $100, clean, and non-smoking! I did a quick search and found 3 that are cheap but clean and centrally located:

1. Courtyard Austin University Area on N. I-35
    2. Fairfield Inn and Suite University Area on Reinli St.
    3. Comfort Inn on Del Mar Ave.

I'll probably stay at one of these.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." Anas Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    Mermaid Pickles, that is awesome! We should definitely meet up and swim in the hotel pool! I'm local so whenever you're at the con I can be there.

Coyote, that is a great suggestion. We could pick a hotel and reserve a couple of rooms on the same floor. Personally my only requirements for a hotel is that it be under $100, clean, and non-smoking! I did a quick search and found 3 that are cheap but clean and centrally located:

1. Courtyard Austin University Area on N. I-35
    2. Fairfield Inn and Suite University Area on Reinli St.
    3. Comfort Inn on Del Mar Ave.

I'll probably stay at one of these.
    I agree with the cheap/clean/non-smoking! And that it be under 100$. I'll be coming down from colorado, so the cheaper the better.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Naufra's Avatar
    Thank you for the potential ride, Mary Marine!
    User formerly known as "Zicoxite".

I'm thinking it would be good to decide on a date by the end of the month so people have plenty of time to request time off at work and make travel arraignments. Right now we are still 3 in favor of June 7/8, 3 in favor of June 21/22, and 2 either or. Please vote and/or post in the forum which weekend is good for you! I know we have a couple mers, myself included, who already have plans for the 7/8 so personally I'm hoping the 21/22 wins out since so far no one has said they are busy then, but that could change.

Pod of The South
    Well, I'm for the 21/22 because I have A-kon on the other weekend. ..sooo. yeah.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Naufra's Avatar
    I voted initially for the 7th and 8th, but I'd like to change my vote to whatever works best for people just so we can settle on a date and everybody can request the time off work.
    User formerly known as "Zicoxite".

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    I also voted for the 7th and 8th but now I won't be able to go so change my vote to whatever works.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Pod of The South
    I don't know where else to say this, but I'm stuck in Austin for another weekend and desperately need to escape my grandparents' house for at least part of a day, since they're emotionally and verbally abusive. Someone help meeee! *stuck in Westlake*

Since a few people have changed their votes, that puts the weekend of the 21/22 in the lead, so unless something drastically changes, the meet up will be at Hamilton Pool in Austin, TX on the weekend of June 21st/22nd. The back up location in case Hamilton doesn't work out is Krause Springs and if the weather is bad the make-up date is June 28th/29th.

It's officially in my dayplanner! I'll be there, come hell or low water!
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    Gonna take saterday off tommrow, questions? Will the meet be both days, just saterday or....?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid_ashes View Post
    Will the meet be both days, just saterday or....?
    Good question. I'm planning to stay all weekend and try to get in as much tail swimming as possible, so I'll most likely be there both days, but I assume Saturday will be the big meet up day, probably as soon as the pool opens so we can all get in.

i almost feel like it wouldn't be worth it for some if it were just the one day....

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    So if were gonna do both days, why not have say a meet at Hamilton pool Saturday and krusaue springs sunday? or something like that. that way we have two locations and those that may not be able to make it to all the meet can chose which day, those that are staying for the whole weekend wont have to see the same location both days and so on. I'm going to try to get that Saturday off but i dont know. the coworker that is a friend of mine that usually covers saterday is pissed so..yeah.

that could work. If i go i'll be taking the week off to visit texas since i have family there and would be coming from colorado...

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    I'm so glad this is working out! You all must take pics so I can live vicariously through you guys!!

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! February is over and the votes are in, so that means the Pod of Texas Meet Up 2014 is officially the weekend of June 21/22, weather permitting. The countdown starts now! 111 days to go!

Personally I'm down for having the meet up be a two day event. Like Ashes said, that way if someone can't make one day they could attend the other or both if they are available. I'd also be interesting in meeting at Hamilton Pool one day and Krause Springs on the other. I don't live in Austin so I'd love the chance to visit both locations!

I know Hamilton Pool can fill up fast, so might I suggest we meet there Sunday instead of Saturday? It might cut down on some of the early morning traffic and give us a better chance of getting in without waiting in line. Then we could do Krause Springs on Saturday. Just a thought.