Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Meet up 2014

Junior Member Pod of Texas LokiLove's Avatar
    I have a TON of cheap bead necklaces from Mardi Gras a few years ago, so I might bring some of the cooler mermaid-y looking ones to hand out
    They/Them/Their

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I'm making little clip in extensions with leftover wefts from a cosplay project and beads. Tedious, but fun at the same time. I have to go get more wig clips aaaaggh
    It has been established. I. Am. A. Feesh. And sometimes a Shaymin.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I want a seaweed hair clip!!!

Me n Mary are on our way. Whoooo!!!!!!

Sent from my LG-D520 using Tapatalk

Me too safe travels everyone!

So where at Krause are we meeting? I mean, I doubt I'll get lost, I'll just have to look for the people with the tails! lol :P But like, are we meeting at the grotto or the waterfall?
    They/Them/Their

I guess we never figured that out lol. Look for people in tails.

Alright, that shouldn't be too hard xD
    They/Them/Their

How many people are going to be going tomorrow? My mom yelled at me this morning and said I couldn't go today, but I might(?) be able to go tomorrow.
    They/Them/Their

Six of us showed up. And a teen who talked to us who said she has an h2o tail but it's at home. Whatever!!

I'm pretty sure another person (I totally forgot her name D: ) is coming tomorrow.
    Last edited by LokiLove; 06-21-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    They/Them/Their

Fyi we are meeting at the springs today again

Also, if you weren't there yesterday, basically go to the big pool where all the human scum is. The map makes it out to be a big place, but it isn't. There's basically one spot where everyone swims.

Darn, my mom yelled at me again so I won't be able to go at all D: But I hope you all have a lot of fun
    They/Them/Their

That's ok, we were all tired and left around noon anyway

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Are y'all out there today?
    Should I come?

We all left early today, so we are gone

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Now that's I've recovered from the nearly 6 hour drive home, here's the Pod of Texas 2014 Meet Up recap:

Swamptail aka Mystery and I arrived at Krause Springs right when it opened at 9. We were joined shortly by Camaroshelby, Pickles, SweeteSiren, Kaila, and her mertender. The springs were chilly and the water was murky, but the location was beautiful! Lots of green ferns and moss, it looked like a cross between a rainforest river and a swamp. There was even a small cave behind a tiny waterfall, although waterfall is a bit too generous a word and the cave was full of sticks that liked to float in your face. That's why mermaids are always sitting on rocks combing their hair, BTW, it's to get the sticks and seagrass out. I think there are about a million photos of us posing on those rocks under the baby waterfall.

We had a good few hours before the springs got busy. The afternoon crowd was big, so we moved around from one area to another for swimming and photos. Kaila's mertender bravely sprained/bruised/maybe broke a toe in the line of duty while the rest of us scooted around and scrapped the shiny off our tail butts. Any time someone took off a tail they were immediately pressed into service to get food from the car, take photos, apply sunscreen, ect. Occasionally innocent human bystanders were asked to toss things to us. We learned that cereal makes excellent mermaid food, like when you go to the zoo and get a cup full of pellets for .25 to feed the koi, so thanks to Mystery for bringing the big box of crunch berries!

There was a lot of cool wild life there (other than us). There was a really chill, really lazy turtle on the bank that even let Pickles pet it, an annoying bluegill fish that was attracted to my shiny tail and bit my finger, lots of dragonflies and damselflies have sex, and some giant fishing spiders by the cave. At one point while we were all on the bank a water moccasin popped out of the rocks next to us and kinda fell into the water. It was probably trying to slither, but the rocks were too steep and there were people everywhere it turned, so instead it kinda just spazzed its way to the water. It was the fastest, yet most uncoordinated snake I'd ever seen. Even the woman whose face it nearly ran into was laughing at it.

After 7 hours of swimming we left the springs and regrouped at Pickles' and SweeteSiren's hotel for, yes, more swimming...but first pizza! While waiting for the pizza I asked questions for my mermaid news article and we got fantastically off topic. We played with waterproof make-up and hair clips, gorged on pizza, then invested the hotel pool. Seriously, that water was cloudy when we got out, I think we had a gallon of silt from the springs in our tails. We took underwater photos in the (relatively) clear pool water and completed to see who could make the biggest fin splash (Pickles won, no surprise, her tail has a competitor), much to the amusement of some children watching us from the windows.

Since Krause Springs had been so awesome, we decided to meet their again the next day instead of trying to figure out of Hamilton had reopened. We met back up at the springs this morning, but the water was a little colder and we were all a bit tired from the day before. We swam for as along as we could stand the chill, then ended up beaching ourselves like seals to snack and warm up. Shelby and I wimped out pretty early, but Kaila stuck in that cold water and practically had the spring to herself. Pickles, SweeteSiren, and Mystery ended up on the other side of the springs were no one was swimming because it looks like a scary swamp full of tentacle grass. The water was MUCH clearer and a little warmer, though. We didn't stay as long as yesterday though, since the sun wasn't out and the water was colder.

All and all it was a blast, we are definitely doing this again next year! Maybe even a second meet up somewhere else before the summer ends???
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

Cannot wait to see photos! Sadly my weekend was a bit of a bust; wish I had headed south instead of north!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Blaze. Swamptail and I are already taking about maybe holding a second meet up before the summer's over, but in the DFW area this time, so hopefully you'll be able to make that one.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin