Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SKINS by Mertailor

NEW SKINS by Mertailor

Name:  559173_398483136919059_2034663229_n.jpg
Views: 2410
Size:  104.6 KB

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Bargain price, if one likes the fluke design.

Honestly though, I prefer my own tails

I hate to say it but I have a bad feeling about these. His work is beautiful though.
    Formerly known as "kimmie".

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I saw the intro movie of his fin. I found it way to floppy, she was barely able to move forward and it looked like a struggle to get a kick out of them.

But that is my opinion of the movie
    Your imagination is your only limit

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Cascada View Post
    I hate to say it but I have a bad feeling about these. His work is beautiful though.
    Me too. As nice as they look on the outside, they are tricky in my opinion.

PearlyMae said about the video that they looked like more drag than propulsion. After looking closely at the flippers on the video, I agree with her. Unless you have Eric's experience and his strenght, good luck swimming with them.

The green tail would make a good "Ariel" tail though. But it's not something that i would buy. I would rather keep my blue tail from Magictail.

I dislike the seams. I like the way it is attached to the fluke though instead of being a big water bag at the bottom though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Cascada View Post

^^

I thought the fin was cute, but I need something with more propulsion for where I swim. but it is cute for someone who does dry events
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

I am not really impressed. I think it is because I don't care for that fluke design.

I think they look nice, and I like the colors. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews on these.
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    To be honest... This an extremely innovated idea.

So you can switch out silicone skins just like people do with fabric ones? Interesting! I want to see it work!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    The thing that would concern me the most is the fact that they're made with neoprin, which is a vastly inferior product to neoprene. Neoprene is a wetsuit-like material, high quality and generally won't stretch. However neoprin is renowned for stretching from the first use and it will keep stretching, meaning it has a short lifespan, it won't snapback like neoprene.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I think its an intresting idea that many people will like but it isn't quite my thing.

I do that with my tails and so does Hannah. My white tail is neoprine and it has withstood mermaid adventures from Hawaii to Australia and many swims in between. It has not ripped nor stretched. Its not so bad of a product. Its even better than my foamorder neoprene that cost 4x as much and Ive already had three holes in it since its creation in May. And I had to create a belt bc the foamorder stretches alot. Im excited to see how these Mertailor skins work!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I'm going to wait for reviews.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have personally had horrible experiences with neoprin.

Yeah, I saw he said neoprin too. At least he's being honest.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yes. People can make their own decision that way

The review finally came on Eric's facebook :

"Mertailor Mermaid Flipper Review by:

Brittany Trione

(PADI Open Water Diver est. 2000 ---- NAUI Rescue Diver & Dive Master est. 2006)

From my first-hand experience with swimming in the new Mertailor Flipper, I first want to say it is so realistic looking and incredible in every way! From the appearance on land to the movement in the water, they are top notch for a mermaid flipper! If you’re looking for that next new big thing, this flipper is your ticket. I like the idea of this flipper being a great alternative to wearing the tail, or even a large monofin. It’s great to work your core and legs without wearing the tail all the time. Let’s face it, mermaid kicks are a workout; engaging every muscle to glide through the water with ease. This can and WILL make the days when you wear a full tail A LOT easier! The color of the flipper has a hint of sparkle and looks amazing in the sun. I can only imagine how wonderful the custom paint jobs on future flippers will look like!

Propulsion: Moving forward underwater without knowing a fin is attached to your feet is a great feeling. I felt as if the flipper was just a continuation of my legs, which was a very natural and preferred feeling. When needed this flipper can get up and GO! Due to the soft silicone, it worked very well with fast mermaid kicks. It is just thick enough silicone to do the job! It was not delicate at all; instead it was durable and sturdy.

Buoyancy: I had no problem obtaining a natural streamline under the water with this fin. This wonderful flipper doesn’t tamper with my natural buoyancy at all while swimming forward or even staying still at the surface.

Weight (in and out of water):
    With a weight of approx. 10 lbs., the flipper is stress-free to carry. The ankle straps make an easy grab while out of the water. Of course, it is weightless in the water. You do not feel like there is a weight attached to your feet.

Flow and movement: I was blown away with how attractive the flipper flowed and looked underwater. The tips of the tail look like a Manta Ray as it goes up and down. This movement and the length of the fin provide easy, quick turns and maneuvers! Drag is none existent in this flipper.

Comfort: The ankle straps make this flipper easy to wear for any size foot. I think that is a great feature! The comfortable neoprene strap velcro around the back of your ankle and remains secure the whole time while in use. The slots for your feet are surprisingly comfortable as well however; you can wear diving booties as an alternative if desired. The silicone is very giving and soft on the feet. No blisters! With the velcro secured properly, your feet do not slide around in the slots."

New update :

"Here is another shot just for you all facebook crazies of my NEW and IMPROVED Partial Silicone Mermaid and Mermen Tails. They will be available for purchase VERY SOON! And trust me, it is worth the cost! I have really put a lot of work and energy into designing this new product as well as the rest of Team Mertailor! The starting price is $795.00 plus applicable tax and shipping. Yes it is a little more than $530.00, but totally and completely worth it! The good thing is you can purchase the Mermaid Flipper first ($395.00) and purchase the scale body ($395.00) at a later date!! I am just very excited to have this amazing product available to you all!!"

Name:  1238026_703429426341309_838998901_n.jpg
Views: 3549
Size:  95.3 KB