Thread: I, for one, welcome our new merfolk overlords.

I, for one, welcome our new merfolk overlords.

My name is Allison and I'm a friend of Winged Mermaid. She introduced me to this place a while ago, but I never came around to joining. My hobbies are sewing, drawing, painting, sculpting, jewelry making, watching/reading about 60s and 70s cult movies, herbs and oils, candles, finding bizarre stories and images, and studying sociological issues. I'm currently going to college to study Social Work. I may continue my education after I get my degree, but I'm going to decide what my focus in Social Work will be. International social work and international human rights are my main interests, right now.

As for the mer community, my main interests at the moment are designing costumes and outfits, getting inspiration from others in the community, and meeting interesting and creative people. I've always loved the Little Mermaid as a child, but I've also loved birds, the moon, the night tides, and Big Sur. Trying to incorporate all of that seemed difficult to me, but talking with Winged Mermaid made me more confident in my ability to combine all of my interests and check out how it fits into this community.

Happy Labor Day!!!!!!
    ┐('~`;)┌

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    welcome Allison! Love the subject line of this thread, made me giggle

Thank you! It's nice meeting you, AniaR!
    ┐('~`;)┌

hello and welcome,,u sound very interesting! can't wait to see ur take and thoughts on some of the threads!!
    I Believe

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    wow, another mer in southern california? there are a ton of you guys. welcome to the board! also, great reference.