Thread: OFFICIAL FISH BUTTS COMPLAINT THREAD

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook

OFFICIAL FISH BUTTS COMPLAINT THREAD

I'm not one of the mers who ordered and didn't get a tail from Fish Butts, but I've been following the various complaint threads for a while- and my heart goes out to every single one of you! I'm all for supporting a talented tailmaker, and understanding that she goes through issues as well-- but I think most of us can agree that this is on an entirely different level.
    Raina suggested compiling a cohesive thread where Fish Butt-less mers could file complaints, so that they'd have something concrete to submit to the news, and I think it's a great idea.

Format for posting-
    - Brief, but detailed write-up of your issue. (would it work better for logistics if we had brief, detailed write-ups, or completely laid on the emotion? Suggestions pleez)
    - Date of order
    - Duration of wait
    - Type of tail order, payment amount
    - Screenshot of payment receipt
    - Screenshots of email/ FB/ social media correspondences

So here goes. Feel free to add to this list of pointers-- especially mers dabbling in the legal industry, and I'll edit this post to include the pointers!
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel

No refund!

Ok I ordered/paid for a $300 mermaid tail from Fish Butts, LLC on December 4th 2012 for a late Christmas present for my 8 year old daughter in which she was happy to wait for! I didn't hear from Stevi until the 2nd of Jan 2013 when I emailed her for an update and she responded the same day saying she was catching up on orders and would be starting to do new orders which included mine in 2-3 weeks. I then did not hear from Stevi again until I contacted her for another update on the 20th Jan 2013 in which she replied " I am so sorry I haven’t updated you; I’ve been pretty busy trying to get tails done in between packing, I’m actually moving in 10 days. I haven’t said anything yet because I wasn’t sure until recently (ill just let you know personal issues it’s an emergency move), I promise I will contact you in a few days.
    As usual I did not hear from Stevi until I messages her again on the 12th of Feb 2013 asking if I could send new measurements before she started because Emily had grew a lot taller over the summer, in which someone else using Stevis messages said "Send me the measurements im sure she can resize it for you no problem"
    I sent the measurements off on the 19th Feb 2013 and heard nothing back!
    Then on the 4th of March 2013 she announced she was offering refunds for anyone who had placed an order and had not received a tail and at this point my daughter was so upset and fed up with waiting and I was too! We opted for the refund.
    I heard nothing!
    I have sent a reminder to her on the 4th April, nothing!
    I sent another reminder on the 25th May and got a message back saying " Hi Fiona, I do apologize for the extremely late reply. I will get you your refund as soon as I can. I really do apologize on that."
    Then another reminder on the 1st July, 10th, 10th August and one on the 24th August all were ignored!
    I have tried emailing her on her website, Facebook, Facebook wall and her renamed eBay account all to no avail
    i have kept all my emails, PayPal invoices and facebook messages
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Late to join this thread, but I ordered a tail in September 2012, and paid $230. Then in November 2012, she offered a partial silicone upgrade, for which I paid another $100. I've saved all our emails and Paypal invoices (I don't have a Facebook account). The last time I heard from her was in June..

I ordered a tail for my daughter in October of 2012 that was promised to be delivered for Chrsitmas 2012. It has NEVER come! I got emails from Stephanie promising delivery, then she had a family emergency and was behind, then someone in her family emailed saying she was behind, etc etc etc. After a while I never got responses after last fall. I am out over $500 for this tail that never came. I just filed a Better Business Bureau complaint.

How does she look herself in the mirror when she basically steals money and disappoints people like my daughter who never got her tail for that christmas, or never yet!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    whoops didn't realize we had two of these threads, perhaps a merger?