Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: UNBOXING of Mertailor Silicone Tail

You said it best. I bought one of his tails 2 years ago and had all the same problems, that everyone else has had including the Arrogant and rude Attitude.

NOOB confession:
    I came to this forum specifically to find out if Krystal's side of the story was legit.

I've followed the Mertailor only (compared to y'all) recently, after seeing what I thought was a mocking and negative feature of him on My Weird Obsession or some such show on tv. I have since grown more interested and intrigued by the fantasy of getting a stunning tail to wear when I freedive in Hawaii, and am THRILLED to have access to these forums, where I can see and learn more about individual tail makers, and attempt to get the most from my money when I do shell out.

However, after lurking around and trying to get a feel for which tail-er is preferable, some of the negative feedback about the Mertailor made me wonder if his fb post (in and of itself, I find posting private dealings with customers to be questionable) was different from the customer's actual experience.
    I am relieved that my original gut instinct was correct, and that the customer was/is in fact one of the scam artists that tend to successfully take advantage of small communities that have a strong online basis. I've seen such antics before on other forums, scam artists creating a sob story and getting money, goods, or services from kind-hearted others in the community, only to be revealed later as profiteering trolls. It's sad and heartbreaking for those who are duped, and it's sad for the communities themselves as they feel betrayed, infiltrated, and suddenly there is a vibe of suspicion against all.

I deeply hope that this (seemingly vibrant and caring) community recovers quickly from this event, I hope to become an active member going forward, so in time I can pursue my own tail-dreams, well informed and with the best possible results.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    That doesn't mean all complaints against him are bogus though FYI.

My experience with Mertailor is positive. He produced what I wanted and maintained great contact with me throughout the process. I have a hard time believing that he would deny someone adjustments if they asked for them even after receiving the tail. He's been very accommodating and before he sent my tail, asked me if there were any changes I wanted before he sent it. Additionally, after my tail managed a small tear (a problem not that uncommon to full silicone tails) he immediately expressed concern and offered to fix it (i'm waiting until it gets too cold to swim until I send it out). I am by no means a "special" customer (as I've seen many people say he only produces exceptional quality products to celebrities and the like) and I believe that my tail is given the amount of care and detail deserved by any paying customer. I try hard to stay away from this sort of thing, but I most certainly side with Eric on this. If I am wrong, then may I drown in a shallow pool for being such a terrible judge of character.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think there are instances where a tail maker IS in the right to DENY changes... I think this is just one muddled situation and it's hard to know the truth because neither party is known for telling it. :/

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali
    Follow Mermaid Esther On Twitter Add Mermaid Esther on Facebook Add Mermaid Esther on Google+
    i can't see the video

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    she deleted the video shortly after she was outed
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    she deleted the video shortly after she was outed
    More than that, she also deleted her infos and her profile picture. But not to worry, she is still reading the forum so I guess she's fine. She's just staying out of the drama that occurred back then.