Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Refund or Tail by December 1, or I'm going to report to the police

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Unfortunately, she moved across the country. Most likely, she spent it on settling down. I've seen on her Vine that's she's in Florida now on a break/vacation? Makes me sad...

I am not the admin of this page, it was started yesterday and I totally support and back it! If you have been burned, ripped off, or left out to dry then join this group and lets make voice a pod of voice to be heard! Ps. You can also report their page as a scam, if a company is continuing to take money from its clients and NOT delivering on any promises, then it is a SCAM and its ILLEGAL

https://www.facebook.com/phishphanny
    User formerly known as "InTheEyesofMarch".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    While I think it's 100% legit to have all these complaints, I caution you against a fb group because we made one back when Adam Martyn was pulling his shit, and even though we had loads of evidence, all of us who posted on the group or used the group got a FB suspension. :/

The problem is I paid with my paypal balance so I can't go to the credit card company, and it's way past paypals time for filing a claim. I tried emailing them and explaining the situation but they did not respond.

Quote Originally Posted by XxMermaidSakuraxX View Post
    All you need to do is go to your credit card company with the information of how much you paid her and when and put in a payment dispute saying she has taken your money with no intention of creating your tail and is refusing to answer your emails andyou have not received your item that's how I got my $1000 back from her trust never works BlueMermaid don't wait your not going to get anything out of her

why would they not do anything? She fraudulently took money from numerous people, she is a criminal. I believe it I am the only one, then they will not do anything. But if numerous complaints are made, then yes, they will do something. That is why I want to get as many people as possible to join forces. If she knows the threat is real, she may take is seriously and do something to repay us.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    If enough of you have a case against her, you can file a class action suit against her, but the police ARE NOT going to do anything but tell you to sue her. The only thing you can do with regard to the police is to file a complaint, but you will have to go to the police department to do that. If you are from out of town, or out of state, you will have to file a a suit against her. You will have to check with the county where she lives to see what the amounts are for filing in small claims court. If you have been cheated out of more money than small claims allows, you will have to file a lawsuit against her...and you will need every communication and receipt for your paper trail. I doubt you will be able to sue for punitive damages, but you can try to sue to get your money back and for the cost of your legal counsel.

I've had hard times before and guess what? I sold almost everything I owned to get by. I sold everything down to my dvds on ebay so I that I could pay my debts. I kept my necessities but anything of value I sold. DVD is worth $5 but after I sold 20 of them I had $100. It can be done. She should never of used our money for anything personal except for her profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi Tigg View Post
    I sent her another message this morning saying I am going to the media with a few other mers because I'm sick of all the broken promises of my refund and she surprisingly sent me a message! "I'm sorry but it has been decided that I will be refunding everyone their money. I've had enough of this. I am working to pay people off. I dont have family to help and at the moment I can't get a loan. That is all I can do, I'm handling claims first. Then it goes from there." Stevi
    I replied back and said "I was one of the first to message you when you offered the refund back in Feb and its now Sept! I don't understand what you have done with all our money? Because a lot of the tails weren't even started?? I will believe you when I see my refund in my PayPal account!

I've got 5 people so far joining forces. Lets get a few more so solidify our case! I'll email her this weekend, the more we have the better our chances of her taking us seriously and the police taking this seriously!

Agreed. Plus blue mermaid is actually trying to do something about it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Don't know about Canada, but in the states, this is a lawsuit, not a police matter. Blue can file a report with the police, but they won't do anything other than that.

Good luck, you guys!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    But part of the point is psychological. Having a police report filed against you STRESSES you out. It shows that someone is willing to do something and that, if nothing comes of it, they may very well decide to press charges. I say go to the police. Let them know everything, bring a lot of printed evidence of emails and messages promising fulfillment. If need be, have each of the people on the list threaten to go to their police department about the same thing. Maybe the cops do nothing, maybe somehow one of them figures out a way to pursue it. No matter what, it shows that you mean business. It shows that you aren't willing to just let it go, that they won't get away with it. Once you make it clear you are going to the police, she also has to deal with the fear that they might somehow figure out a way to do something or that it might end up on her record somehow. Because you never know with law enforcement. One bureau might have a trick up their sleeve. So that puts the pressure on. It would really suck, but if she can't get the money then she is going to have to sell something, be it a car or a house or whatever she has. The money is not hers if she cannot deliver the product. I say continue with the effort, because that will make it clear to her that it's time to do something extreme--better to sell a car than even the smallest risk some sort of dispute with law enforcement.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    You might want to start here:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/index.shtml

I sent you a message as well. My mom just mentioned that we could file a class action suit or report to the better business bureau in Colorado (if she's still there). I got my first tail from her back when she was still part of Mermaid Parties and she was a total sweetheart! She used to email me right away and let me bug her with questions. I truly feel sorry that she's kicked her friends to the curb as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

I just got off the phone with paypal. They said they will try to get my money back for me, IF I file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which works with the authorities. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx They will do an investigation and file criminal charges. I suggest anyone who has been scammed to the same.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Excellent news! Good luck! There is still hope

yeah this needs to be promoted somewhere!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    That's great news! *hugs* for all you're going through.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

any luck? what's happening with the claims?. i have been of the network for months and my leave with my family before my husband deploys is in a couple week with NO TAIL OR MONEY. i just posted on her page but honestly i'll probably get the same generic dodgy message back from her. i would definitely like to join with the class action rather than pay almost $1000 (what my lawyer is charging) to get $500 back. i'm in the process of trying to find someone pro bono but not having any luck. PLZ let me know if someone is going this route then maybe we can pool our money to where we don't have to come out of pocket too much.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod WillowAnne's Avatar
    I don't know about the silicone ones, but I know she is currently STILL taking painted neoprene tail orders... I have no idea if she is doing it or if an assistant is doing it. hm.

at this point, there is no desire to get a product from that company no matter how much i really want one. there is so much bad bad faith and distrust in whom i believe to be a very dishonorable and down right dishonest person; that i would not feel secure in that i will be getting a good product. kinda how you feel when you have a disagreement with your waitress BEFORE your food arrives? yea...no thank you. my terms have been set (by my husband...its now out of my hands in terms of how she will be dealt with) and the ball is in her court...i don't feel like refunds and/or tails are going to be seen anytime soon from her. 1) she NEGLECTS to update her customers on what's going with the tails. 2) she blatantly refuses to respond to inquiries, actually almost all correspondence go without a response ( you ought to know that facebook lets the sender know that you've read a message...it says "seen " and whatever time it was seen by the respondent at the bottom right of the message)) 3) refusing to compromise with truth (my BIGGEST pet peev about this!!!) telling me the TRUTH about what was happening to/with my tail or money would have went a far way with me. the run-around has really painted a horrible picture in my head.Too often i've seen illogical arguments or ridiculous excuses to justify STEALING my HARD EARNED money and that of other customers. i am a stay at home mom of two young children so you can imagine, money isn't something i spend without qualms. it took ALOT for me to invest my money into a buy like this and to have a business take MY money without delivering and then put stipulations on whether or not i can receive my goods or my refund? The government calls that "Bad Faith” – and it is illegal. Usually a person’s only recourse is to file a lawsuit and take his or her case to Court. i have no time for this nonsense but honestly it's looking pretty darn good to me right now. She's had almost a YEAR withholding the tail and/or my money and my messages going unanswered and posts getting deleted has quite honestly pushed me pass the point of reasoning.

This has been building so I apologize for the rant :/ i'm kicking myself so hard for being conned by this woman.

No update on the page since sept 8th, pretty crazy