Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ask me Anything about going Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    it was over $1000 6 years ago
    Thank you! I'll keep that in mind then!
    <object classid="clsidFacebook: Mermaid Miradis ------- Twitter: @MermaidMiradis
    mermaidmiradis@gmail.com
    YouTube: Mermaid Miradis
    </object>

I'd like to start my question with a statement....You have been a huge help to me,without even knowing it! I read everything I find and watch your vlogs so I can be as informed as possible before I get into my first tail. So thank you miss Raina,for everything you do!
    Now,onto my question ~ Mine is a little personal,I hope you're ok with me asking. If not,I understand I also suffer with chronic pain,so I'd love to know how YOU manage to pull off doing parties and things,even when you're feeling bad. I myself,can hardly move on really bad days. You can PM me,if you would rather not have this out for everyone...or just tell me you don't want to answer this

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it's hard not gonna lie. Dry gigs kills me so I do them less and less and I found having a lighter tail for dry gigs better.

I have a personal trainer I have been seeing 2-3 times a week for 7 months now. I have noticed a huge improvement, but not gonna lie, it's brutal doing the actual work at the gym. I don't get that endoprphine rush people talk about. I pretty much hurt the entire time and push myself and hate every minute of it. but honestly, it made my chronic pain go way down and I had a thermal scan yesterday and my inflammation is way down too.

I wish I had some big inspiring thing to say beyond know your own limit and take it one gig at a time, but honestly I just suffer through and sometimes it's brutal! Working with others happens a lot, I can delegate if I'm burnt out

AniaR Hi! Im going to be going to my first paying mermaid gig, and i would like to know more or less the right amount to charge, i know it depends on dry land, and pool as well as fabric tail and silicone tail, that is about as much as i gather. I have read some charge $125-150 for dryland and up to $200 for wet/silicone tail events, what i dont know is, is it an hourly rate or like for 4 hours work? I want to be fair but also make $ , oh and i believe if its going to be far, expenses/transportation is included as well, any advice would be appreciated. I gather i would read to them, bring party favors for birthday kids, photos to be taken even video's, so much involved.

Okay, So I have my first dry gig event coming up soon, and my question is this.

How do you put on your tail for this? Meaning, should I have it on before I arrive, or ask the parent for a private room before hand to get ready....Also does your merwrangler carry you around..I was thinking of using a wheel chair to be pushed around. Also when you leave, do you leave in tail or same thing with a private room? Thanks in advance