View Poll Results: Vote here for your favorite entry in "Last Hurrah of Summer":

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Entry #1: MermaidLanai

1 8.33%
  • Entry #2: aniaR

0 0%
  • Entry #3: Mermaid Hamant

1 8.33%
  • Entry #4: Little_Orca

0 0%
  • Entry #5: draggersprez

0 0%
  • Entry #6: Mermaid Jewel

3 25.00%
  • Entry #7: Mermaid Citrine

1 8.33%
  • Entry #8: Star

6 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEPTEMBER MERNETWORK CHALLENGE: THE LAST HURRAH OF SUMMER

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    Submission # 8

As my last trip for the summer, I went to Rock Springs for the first time. Here, the water bubbles up from the rocks in a cave. The current is quite swift and it was my first time swimming in a current. With the days growing shorter and the nights longer, I must find "My Jolly Sailor Bold".

This was also the first time I have edited a video before so please be gentle. Shot at Rock Springs in Kelly Park, Apopka, Florida. Filmed by Tor AKA Merpirate! Thank you!!! Songs: "My Jolly Sailor Bold" from POTC 4 and "Theme from the Mermaid Chair" overlaid on one another.
    Last edited by Mermaid Star; 09-29-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: credited the wrong song. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    my last summer hurrah was getting to do a nude photo shoot with an artist I've admired for a LONG time at a beach. Here's a safe shot with nothing showing (I realize it looks like a bit of nipple but it's actually my hair :P ) it was very liberating to climb rocks, frolic in the surf, and be in one of the last sunny days like this- and we got a cool shot!
    Raina, I can't see your picture.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I had a lot of trouble deciding. First, although I tried not to allow myself to be biased by the people who made videos, those entries showed a lot of effort, and presented so much character in the costuming, direction, musical selection, and content. Certain elements of several videos made the decision even harder: Jewel's ballet and the waterfalls in Citrine's made selecting a video very, very difficult. I'm going to preserve the anonymity of my vote, but I was definitely conflicted between four different entries.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    So the votes are in! Star, congratulations of your winning entry! And congratulations to everyone who participated!

Sorry I deleted my video off youtube because of privacy issues (didn't think I'd make second)...it's not gonna play anymore...:/
    Mermaid Jewel

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    p.s. is still says this on the front page:
    "Melissa, also known as Little Orca or Merlissa, does not know what to make of the gift her fiancée has given her. "What do I do with these?" she asks with a look of confusion on her face."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Jewel, I had to remove my entry because of copyright!

I'm sorry, Raina...copyright issues never cease! Mine wasn't copyright issues (I composed the music and I filmed all the footage...), I just realized there was too much in that video that could reveal where I lived. And it was okay in the body of the forum but on the front page...
    Mermaid Jewel

Yay!!! Thank you guys so much!!! !!!

Jewel and Raina, I am sorry that you could not keep your entries up. I can't wait til the next challenge. I hope to have my new tail done by then. Busy Busy Bee.