Thread: Found in Canary largest shark teeth that have inhabited the oceans. "Megalodón"

Found in Canary largest shark teeth that have inhabited the oceans. "Megalodón"

Megalodon is called and is considered the largest shark that has inhabited the oceans. Since he died, some two million years, there has been known a predator like him, it could reach 20 feet in length and weigh up to 100 tons.
    http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/0...378145159.html

Name:  1378145159_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  17.9 KB
    Name:  1378127441896.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  31.6 KB

From the research with which I'm familiar, I understood the prehistoric predator was estimated to reach 60 feet in length. There are great white sharks currently in the seas that routinely reach 20 feet. The debate, as I understand it, is whether or not these predators could possibly continue to live, perhaps in the benthic regions of some of the abyssal areas. One interesting (FICTION) series theorizes on just that premise; the first book in the series is called Meg, and they're written by Steve Alten. Fun, fast reads if you're interested.

Interesting, thanks. This news is published and recent, more data on this animal. In the link you can see the news, but it's in Spanish, you'll have to translate.