Thread: iMovie freezes! >:-(

Unhappy iMovie freezes! >:-(

I put sweat, bood and tears in my first movie/clip made with iMovie, and everytime I want to export it iMovie freezes and shuts down

What to do?

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    I had that problem with my Macbook Pro. I feel ya- it was an absolute pain! Especially after all that effort.
    Unfortunately, the only thing that worked for me was to redo the entire thing and upload it on my old Macbook AIR. For some reason, it worked there. I did test uploading a short clip before redoing it on the Air, just so I knew it could upload.

Maybe try saving the whole video file to an external hard disk? Then you can borrow someone's laptop that you know works, drag&drop the video file into their imovie, and publish it from there. I hope it helps!
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    I had that problem with my Macbook Pro. I feel ya- it was an absolute pain! Especially after all that effort.
    Unfortunately, the only thing that worked for me was to redo the entire thing and upload it on my old Macbook AIR. For some reason, it worked there. I did test uploading a short clip before redoing it on the Air, just so I knew it could upload.

Maybe try saving the whole video file to an external hard disk? Then you can borrow someone's laptop that you know works, drag&drop the video file into their imovie, and publish it from there. I hope it helps!
    I made this video on my imac and was thinking of redoing the hole thing on my Macbook pro. BUT I don't have itunes on my macbook :/ I use my other imac for that.

As for putting it on a external disc. I want to ,but I have to extend the video from the program first, and that's where it goes wrong >_<

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Argh, that sucks! So you can't just drag ad drop the video file?

Also, it just occurred to me. Maybe you need to update your Mac to the latest OS. Try that and see if it works better.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Apple support and taking it to the Apple store could help! Macs are tricky :\

It is updated I guess :/

I have the latest OIS and I use iMovie 11

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Apple support and taking it to the Apple store could help! Macs are tricky :\
    I guess! But I don't want to drag my big iMac to the store where they are probably going to tell me to update iMovie >_<

Ok, now i had it!! I tried every youtube tutorial , deleting the cashes and it's still not working!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble iMovie may have a user friendly interface, but getting it to export properly can be such a pain in the fin. I was glad to ditch it for a different movie editor, even though the other editor was very hard to learn at first, and still is sometimes. Only reason I keep iMovie around is to process video taken with my isight so the audio doesn't lag.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Starfish View Post
    I guess! But I don't want to drag my big iMac to the store where they are probably going to tell me to update iMovie >_<
    No no, you can call them and do a screen share with them. They'll help walk you through it. I recently had to do it at work and I'm not super mac savvy but they really help you out.

I understand you, friend. I've never used a Mac before, but recently I started and noticed that there are a lot of incomprehensible things to deal with. What do you recommend?

It's sad that you have iMovie freezes. Sometimes it happens, you just need to figure out what's going on. Maybe you need to clear the cache. Various articles help a lot in this. I recently found an article about the mac snipping tool. It was very useful to read. I learned a lot of interesting information and downloaded tools that help to screen capture mac images.