Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mako Mermaids/Island of Secrets News

Not sure if I'll like the new season's plot, introducing whole new characters after we just got to know the old crew. We'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphitrite View Post
    So I bought Mako Mermaids 'season 1' on here: https://shop.abc.net.au/ and it didn't even have all the episodes!
    THATS INSANE!! Thank you for posting this! I almost bought the DVD

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    So as in a completely different premise for the show? Ugg, I don't like when they do that. It usually takes a season for the actors to become comfortable acting in their roles and are, as a result, rarely better than later seasons. Now we get to do the whole thing again
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

So all new actors??? ... OK I wonder why they didnt use the old cast any more?

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Confused here.
    The first half ended on a cliff-hanger basically, and now there's a new crew?
    Meh.

Oh, guys. No no no no no! What i meant by that is there are 2 new mermaids and 1 new merman, but all of the actors from the first season are confirmed to be in the second season. I didnt mean that there are only 3 mer-folk in the second season. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. These are just new people IN ADDITION to the old actors. Not to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    So as in a completely different premise for the show? Ugg, I don't like when they do that. It usually takes a season for the actors to become comfortable acting in their roles and are, as a result, rarely better than later seasons. Now we get to do the whole thing again
    Nonono! The old actors are still in the series! There are just new mer-people in addition to the old ones and possibly the old old old mermaids from H2O: Just Add Water!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Golden Pearl View Post
    So all new actors??? ... OK I wonder why they didnt use the old cast any more?
    They did use the old actors. So sorry i confused everyone!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKyle765 View Post
    Nonono! The old actors are still in the series! There are just new mer-people in addition to the old ones and possibly the old old old mermaids from H2O: Just Add Water!
    That would actually be really cool.
    And I haven't even seen original H2O

Oh WOW I cant wait then!!! H20 and Mako together in one show!!! that sounds really good. And with new mers to boot! Im getting mermaid overload! Can't wait to see in February

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Honestly I was all ecstatic for the show when it first came out but after watching all the episodes in one sitting at some point i was only watching for the underwater Tail scenes cause the plot and the characters made me so annoyed and frustrated i almost punched the tv. Zac is a douche, his friend is a tool, his girlfriend is a snob and the mermaids are all complete idiots. Rita is the only character i like and fine believable.
    I mean really zac is such a jerk that he actually gets mad at the mermaids for not telling him they were mermaids when secrecy is kinda like part of their entire existence, then he thinks he's entitled to freaking trident. His cocky smugness just made me hate ever part of him except his tail. It just felt like they were trying to hard to out do H20 and make it too wacky and too out there. I couldn't finish watching the last few episodes on Netflix. just fast forwarded them to the singing parts and the tail parts then went and watched My Little Pony.
    Hopefully they will change it up as the series goes on.
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Add Echidna on Facebook
    ^^Lol, I kinda felt the same, but I watched it still coz MERMAIDS!

The trident hunt stuff also was quite exciting, but character-wise, I don't truly like any of them except maybe Rita lol.

I was upset with Zac and his friend too. I enjoyed seeing the mermaids look naive on land though... after all, they would be wouldn't they? So I liked ALL the mermaids and Zac even redeemed himself in the end. It was just a lot of fun for me. I get the feeling with all the new characters it can be more intricate as one might like.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    yep, the end was good. Nice and unexpected.
    Just the right mixture to make one impatient to see the second half

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    I agree but most of the second half of season one Zac was an annoyance to me I mean come on I wanted to walk through the tv in Rita's office and punch Zac for threatening to expose her that URG!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MermanZen View Post
    I agree but most of the second half of season one Zac was an annoyance to me I mean come on I wanted to walk through the tv in Rita's office and punch Zac for threatening to expose her that URG!!!!!!
    That's the same way i feel!!!!!

lol great minds think alike

OMG im so sad, when I was just starting the series I use to run up the stairs and fall on purpose when I'd get wet lol

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    OMG Mers I just found on a website that season 2 will be coming to Netflix on February 26th I can't wait
    Thank you! Something to look forward to!! If it does air then. Netflix really needs to get some better shows and movies on it's site. I found myself the other day re-watching H2O mostly because there wasn't a whole lot else that looked good on there... Then I found Pingu, a show I grew up with... (look it up), and netflix redeemed itself... Nook Nook!!
    Last edited by spottedcatfish; 01-05-2014 at 02:03 AM.

OMG im so sad, when I was just starting the series I use to run up the stairs and fall on purpose when I'd get wet lol
    OMG SAME!!!