Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mako Mermaids/Island of Secrets News

I'm bummed that it'll take so long for the second season (I watched the entire season 1 in about three days), but I personally really enjoy the extension on the tails. It makes the swimming look more natural, in my opinion, and kind of makes up for the fact that human knees can't bend backward.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it's funny all the reasons people listed are why I think they look unrealistic. I just never got the buzz around these tails beyond the fact they're realistic.

Personally the fluke shape and the more plastic, hard scales are my favorite things about them. I like the way they flow in that it's very natural with not so sudden bumps but again, the length bothers me. Haha.

Totally understandable why they aren't your thing, though :3

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    They picked the golden orange-y colour
    1 to differentiate these mers from Ariel
    2 something to do with goldfish....

I can't remember all the details, I have the conversation with one of the production crew quite a while ago now.
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

yeah I got a 925 silver and crystal "Moon Ring" on ebay
    Name:  moon ring.JPG
Views: 8821
Size:  20.2 KB

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Trident True's Avatar
    Im guesing the tails are made slightly different to H20 has the tails for h20 were difficult to swim in. The newer tails for mako mermaids still have the extension but not as long, actually its a spring that is attached to the back of the foot plate so when they kick down the spring bobs up and down. I think these tails are more realistic as they arn't as long as in H20. a few things ive noticed.

fluke isn't as thick as in H20
    the tails have got a light black line down the centre both on the girls and zac's
    the attachment plate/ extension isn't as long as in H20
    the tails also look easier to swim in, they almost look lighter.

the thing i love about these types of tails is they are very streamline and tight on the body thus not showing the legs and ankles. im currently working on a tail like this. i havent started a thread just yet as im a little worried things may go wrong. soooo many things have. its been 1 year since i designed the tail and started on it. im still going. oh and my premonition is that zac wont beable to trun back to a human as it has been 3 full moons and because of the 3 full moons, his transformation is complete. his powers were getting stronger every full moon not getting weaker. cam will be the other merman and he will have a trident, well obtain one and it will be a war trident that is 5x stronger than the original trident and every time it gets close to mermaid or mermen it will glow. zac will be accepted into the pod as he is the one that destroyed the trident. as no mermaid can touch it thus now having equality for boths mers and men. the mermaids have nothing to fear..... right. oh and i feel that cam is the other merman as he fell into the moonpool while it was still overhead. but only just. not to mention all of them were in there. so he may be stronger than all 4. you never know.

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

I just finished the first season, and I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed. The plot line is so thin compared to H2O. I was not emotionally invested in any of the characters, and I feel like most of the conflict could have been resolved easily if there weren't so many unnecessary misunderstandings. The characters also had the same conversations over and over. I feel like a 12 year-old wrote it (no offense, merlings).

But, that being said, I will still probably watch the next season when it comes out... because mermaids.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    i think you're right but somehow i like this one better

even though it feels like repeated diolog i like it better because its not the whole "whoa i got powers" kinda deal. maybe its the youtube mermaid shows made by 12 year olds that got me but still
    the thing is i dont like thier tails. way too long. the tails are way to long for the actors

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I definitely like the hard plastic scales and the way the tails bend in the water. I just don't care for the tails otherwise... they look much too long and the poor ladies got such bland colors. I'm surprised they don't have any patterning on them either. Their frilly dorsal is neat but otherwise I don't really care for them. I did watch the "Making Of" video on how they made the tails, take them on and off, etc. and I thought that was super cool!
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

I LOVE the gold and orange tails the ladies have!!! Those are my favorite colors for a tail!!! I would personally leave blue to the men folk. In fact I would aspire for my personal tail to be like Splash/Raina's/Mako girl colors
    Last edited by Mermaid Oshun; 12-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    OMG Mers I just found on a website that season 2 will be coming to Netflix on February 26th I can't wait

Yes I admit it. I am a Mako addict and this is the best news ever! I will mark February 26th on my calendar.

And still nothing to see on youtube? I've been able to watch season 1 ep. 1-14 but then it just...stopped? And NO we don't have Netfix here in Belguim and I'm a noob when it comes to downloading with torrents and stuff... So please HELP!

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    And still nothing to see on youtube? I've been able to watch season 1 ep. 1-14 but then it just...stopped? And NO we don't have Netfix here in Belguim and I'm a noob when it comes to downloading with torrents and stuff... So please HELP!

Hypothetically if you wanted to download something with a torrent, here's what you would need to know.

Bittorrent is a method for sharing files. Instead of the file being located on one computer and downloading a copy of the file from there, with bittorrent a group of people simultaneously share small pieces of the file with each other, which makes the whole thing much faster. Its kinda like if instead of ordering food at a restaurant and waiting for them to finish other orders and then make yours, every person in the restaurant receives the meal piece by piece and can give other people copies of the pieces they've gotten so far. If it worked like having more people in the restaurant would make the food come faster instead of slower.

1. To share a file using bittorrent, first you'd need to install a bittorrent client. Just like chrome or firefox are special programs for viewing websites, a bittorrent client is a program for downloading and uploading torrents. These are both popular ones:
    http://www.transmissionbt.com/
    http://www.utorrent.com/

Naturally you should be careful not to install malware. Both of those links are to the official sites for those programs, so those sites and links on those sites can all be trusted.

2. After the bittorrent client is installed, you would go find a torrent. You would google the name of the file you're looking for, with the word torrent. Click through the results. There might be ads on the websites you find that try to trick you into clicking on them by pretending to be a download button. The actual button will probably have a small symbol with a magnet on it.

It's not important to understand why it has a little magnet symbol on it, but if you're wondering its cause that button is called a magnet link. Magnet links are like regular links, but for torrents.

3. When you click on it the magnet link should open in the bittorrent client. Once the bittorrent client opens, basically just click okay and it will start downloading.

If you wanted to use torrents to download a file, that is how you would do it.

So I bought Mako Mermaids 'season 1' on here: https://shop.abc.net.au/ and it didn't even have all the episodes!

Senior Member Pod of The South MermanZen's Avatar
    that is not cool to leave episodes out of the season on a DVD

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphitrite View Post
    So I bought Mako Mermaids 'season 1' on here: https://shop.abc.net.au/ and it didn't even have all the episodes!
    :O
    Which episodes were missing?
    Or was it maybe divided in two halves, seeing as the second half isn't even out yet?

I have wondered why the tails, both in H2O and its sequel series, didn't have all different colors. While it was gratifying for the merman's scales to be a different color from the mermaids', I have to wonder why he couldn't have blue while they had gold, violet, green, etc.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermanZen View Post
    OMG Mers I just found on a website that season 2 will be coming to Netflix on February 26th I can't wait
    I'm a little hesitant to believe that. They posted an announcement (official twitter) that they were preparing to shoot in December. Shows like this usually require a turn around of at least 6 months.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Mako Mermaids

No, I read off 3 different websites and twitter posts from Jonathan M. Shiff that there are 2 new mermaids, 1 new merman, and a possible appearance of the old mermaids!
    Attached Images Attached Images