Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Mako Mermaids/Island of Secrets News

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by mersheep View Post
    You make me feel old. I was 50 when it was on Netflix (mid life crisis?) I see it originally aired in the late 1990s. So I still would have been in my late 30s.

it seems it was called Ocean Odyssey in some markets. A bit better title. Same production company and explains why there is a UFO spaceship on the credits.

Surprised Mako did not take that route, the crashed ET plot. I did like that the bad girl of one series became the focus and protagonist of later series. Lessons learned. Their was some recasting that made some of the later seasons to feel a bit awkward.
    Your are never too old to enjoy younger shows and besides 50's the new 30 or so my Mamaw says....

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! I love that show, so excited that they are making a movie! I hope that we get to see the original mermaids again from H2O, but I was glad that we could at least see Rikki back.

Quote Originally Posted by mersheep View Post
    Now if Netflix would bring back H2O (original) And Ocean Girl ...
    Ain't never gonna happen on Netflix.

But both Ocean Girl and H2O: Just Add Water are available on DVD

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    It may not be on Netflix but I got good news about H2O: Just Add water. It's FREE! The whole series is on their youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/H2OtheOfficial/videos

Quote Originally Posted by AptaMer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AptaMer View Post

H2O just add water came back on Netflix streaming in the US of A. This is not the first time it disappeared then re-appeared. H2O is not easy to get in the US of A on Region 1 DVD. When it is, it is expensive. Never looked to see what the availability of OG is.

Ocean Girl, never had much of the same following (even if it is the same plot as Mako Mermaids.) so I would not hold my breath for it's return.

The 'Three tails' movie is a joke. A kids you tube video funded by daddy. I had a friend once who funded his granddaughter's attempt at an Anime cartoon as an attempt to further a Pop singing career. Last I heard she grew up and he was paying for her to attend medical school.

Then there is Zig and Sharko, which Netflix also recommend. Best I can say it has a mermaid in it. Who uses her fins to walk on land. Makes the H2O cartoon look almost professional.

Thanx for the update mersheep! I think in Canada we don't get as good a selection as in the USA.

Also Thank You Slim for the YouTube link!

My connection is not up for full high-res on Netflix (I usually get bumped back to medium-res 720p) but I've been rewatching H2O in full high-res on my big computer screen. Better than TV.

Hmmm. This does raise the question as to why YouTube plays better on my computer than Netflix does on my TV.

Also, while I've seen Ocean Girl DVD sets on sale regularly on eBay, I've never seen them in Region 1. They've been either from Australia (Region 4) or Europe (Region 2) For me that's OK, since my player plays DVDs from any region, and I can play them on my computer from any region, but something for people in North America to keep in mind.
    Last edited by AptaMer; 02-11-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    The answer to the that with the computer screen is more processor in the computer screen and computer vs TV. Unless you get a good name brand TV that separate the at least two processor so one is for smart feature and the other for the TV function, it's going to suffer a bit more than a computer.

Does anyone have this series or a place where it can be downloaded from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lyndsey View Post
    Does anyone have this series or a place where it can be downloaded from?
    Hi Lyndsey,
    Currently, the show is streaming on Netflix.
    Mermaid Mikayla

Is this a new series that's different from mako and original h20??

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using MerNetwork mobile app