Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Mako Mermaids/Island of Secrets News

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clarity's Avatar

Follow Mermaid Clarity on Tumblr
    Wow, those tails are puffy at the ankle. Less so in the water though.

Of course they named a character Eric. Maybe they will have a mermaid named Ariel too?

Ugh that plot again? Meh. I will still probably watch it anyways. Sometimes. When I'm bored. Maybe.
    formerly merana

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel

Their tails got fat over the holidays!

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkish View Post
    Nah, the new merman is some new guy Alex Cubis. Apparently he looks like this:

Attachment 17709
    I'm excited because they said they want a thirds season in either LA, California or Berlin, Germany. (As a part-time L.A. mermaid, this makes me happy)
    More pictures of the new merman: http://chadwickmodels.com/models/alex-cubis/

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    any news regarding the second season?

I just finished original H2O, and I loved the season 3 finale.
    Need moar now.

Nothing much. I've seen some of their vlogs on youtube. Its just the same vids that someone else has posted before.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    fair warning: MAJOR MAKO MERMAIDS SEASON 2 SPOILERS.

Check out the first mermaid on the left... that's new!

https://twitter.com/ufojmsp/status/4.../photo/1/large
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    fair warning: MAJOR MAKO MERMAIDS SEASON 2 SPOILERS.

Check out the first mermaid on the left... that's new!

https://twitter.com/ufojmsp/status/4.../photo/1/large
    Well we know that there are going to be two new mermaids, at least.

We knew that. To some extent they replaced the other two mermaids who left. But (avoiding spoilers here) the mermaid on the far left was part of the last season and definitely not a mermaid in it. Can't wait to hear the story arch between the two seasons that's going to fit all of these changes.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Is Evie a mermaid too.

Possible June/July (probably July) 2014 release date for season 2 on netflix.
    Anaïs Nin

Didn't feel like making this it's own thread yet but H2O is being adapted for an animated series.

Twitter announcement

Name:  BnHHPN7IgAEvspZ.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  49.3 KB
    Anaïs Nin

Wow. That...sounds really weird. I don't know if I could get used to different voices for the characters.

Maybe they'll do the animated series like they did Mako Mermaids and just keep the basic mermaid rules the same but change everything else.

^ That's my guess too. The mermaids look nothing like the original characters. I know that's not much to go on but I can only assume animating the series gives the writers a lot more freedom. It's a bit easier to animate an underwater magic sequence than it is to film live actors and put in special effects.
    Anaïs Nin

Also, hey look, different tail colors. Depending on the first episode, I may end up really liking this animated H2O, but there's also a chance that it'll just be really cheesy.

As for Mako, the more mermen, the better in my opinion, but I'm really upset that Lucy and Ivy won't be back. Being the last of the original three will give Sirena a little more room for some character development, but these new mermaids better be likeable/well developed characters to make up for the loss of such plot-driving characters. Sirena never was all that assertive. The plot itself also seems really shallow, and unless there's some interesting plot twist that will be revealed later, that in and of itself may deter me from watching it. Evie as a mermaid would have been great potential for animosity (and therefore plotfodder) between her and Lyla, but seeing as she never really had much important interaction with Sirena, any strife the writers try to sew into their relationship will seemed forced.

The hypothetical merging of the Mako and H2O universes would be extremely interesting, and could delve into specifics of the mer-world and its social rules and politics. It's a very interesting concept, but unfortunately, few fic writers have tried to tackle the idea, and fewer still have the writing ability to pull it off. The universes are just different enough from each other to be considered different universes entirely, but with a little creative writing from the show writers, that could easily be fixed.

Anywhodles, I'm excited for season two regardless, and will probably end up watching it because mers, but unless they have something interesting up their sleeves, it won't be as good as the first season, which in turn wasn't as good as H2O (this is me recommending H2O to anyone who hasn't seen it if the countless twelvie youtube series haven't put you off).
    ~Mermaid Sashika of Yupalean~

Are the H2O episodes on youtube the real deal? I tried watching Season 2 Episode 1 yesterday, and couldn't stand the dubbed chipmunk voices.

Could you link them? I didn't find them.

And now their tweeting about a possible other season as well as a movie. I think they're just grasping at straws at this point :/
    Anaïs Nin

*Sigh* I wish they'd just give us a little more concrete stuff with some definite answers.
    ~Mermaid Sashika of Yupalean~