Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Hacked?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'll say what I said on FB:

That certainly seems like the case. Normal hackers simply deface or show off, they want credit, they want someone to know they did the hacking. The hacking up until this point was through an older vulnerability that was fixed, and was always a kiddy script with a "haha we hacked you" defacement- nothing deleted, just hidden. This time, it was just point blank deleted. Nothing else, just right in, and deleted it. A normal hacker has NOTHING to gain from simply deleting a site. So it begs the question, who has something to gain from deleting the site? Who has threatened to do that repeatedly? (and I'm not being rhetorical here, threats have been made for the past 5 years and continue to be made) I can think of one person who threatened to hack a tail makers phone, and then it 'happened' exactly as they described it would in their threat (yes, a police report was filed, yes, the whole thing was documented). Given past experiences and comments and threats made, plus the timing of certain posts on the forum, and some emails I received requesting me to use my influence with the mods to get threads deleted (yes, still have the emails) I have some pretty strong suspicions. Plus I know a bit of the inside workings of the forum and just how different this is. So yeah, my two cents. Of course, I'm not accusing anyone... just considering all these observations and expression my own thoughts/concerns on the matter and I think we do ourselves a disservice if we don't consider the empirical evidence (even though it is empirical) . Either way, whoever took it down, didn't achieve their result. The site is always backed up, and once again mermaids everywhere are free to express themselves and share their stories without fear that someone will delete their work (history lessons for new members, we got mernetwork because a certain tail maker was constantly having posts deleted from the original forum). I remember the days of the old mermaid forum where people would try to delete and censor what members were saying. So glad that even when people attempt that now, it doesn't work.

did anybody else see the mysterious green eyes message?

for future reference, as said before, hackings are addressed on the mernetwork fb page https://www.facebook.com/pages/MerNe...78252078914614

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSabrina's Avatar
    Add MermaidSabrina on Facebook
    I did...idk what that means but I did

it explains that it's going to keep happening til Nate can fix it. And it's been explaining on there and in here that it's just a script that keeps getting run against the page.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    What's crazy is how much trouble you can get into for hacking a page.

It's a huge risk to take to try and stop a few mermaids from talking smack.

It really doesn't seem like it would be worth it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MermaidSabrina's Avatar
    Add MermaidSabrina on Facebook
    It's true , don't mess with the mers

Good afternoon, guys. Hackers are not who they say they are. There are specific scammers who can do no good. I, for example, think that such ransomware attacks should be well protected with office 365 ransomware protection, for example. I think if you have an enterprise you'll understand why I say that.