Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Diplomat"'s feature article on Mermaids!

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Sorry, but I never got any messages from you at all? The only way you could consider my schedule "tight" is that I'm currently on opposite sleep schedules from the rest of the world (well, I'd be right on if I lived in Australia :P), so that can make some things difficult atm, but not anything like that that. If you'd like to ask me about something, please contact and askme and not someone else! I mean, I'm the only one who knows if I'm busy or not
    So sorry about that, Iona! I sent you a friend request but I think maybe you didn't see it, or maybe my FB is just screwed up. I also considered messaging you here, but we were dealing with the h**king problem (they that shall not be named), so I didn't know if it'd get through, and I didn't know if your mermaid page was dealing with so many fan mail messages that it wouldn't get through to you in time. :P Next time I'll just try all avenues! The reporter was working on a pretty tight schedule, so he needed people to give him their answers ASAP.

I have two Mandarin newspapers (lol, so cute) who interviewed me as well, and I mentioned the international mers, but they weren't so keen on contacting other mer sources cuz then they'd have to translate that into Mandarin as well. But because Singapore is small, and so the mermaid wave is- to put it tritely- making a bit of a wave in such a small place-- like I've said before, if anything comes up again, I really, really would love to rope more people into it! It's just hard coordinating time differences and response times.

p.s I have watched your paradiso swim about a gazillion times and it is lovely.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I didn't even read it just posted the link on my way to work. Finally sat down and read it... Great job syrena! You come across very well. Happy for you and proud!
    I'm trying to get him to hurry up and put in the pictures! I want him to use one of you so everyone can see your gorgeous taail. Not sure if he will, though, he hasn't been responding. We'll see, I guess. I think we both came across sounding relatively intelligent.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Just read it, and I loved it! As always, you were awesome and well-spoken. You rock girl!
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    I loved the article! The whole 'we love the magic of it' thing is so true...

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    Marla- Marla! I would have loved to have had you in the interview as well! Add me up on FB (my profile and mermaid page are all in my siggy. not sure if we're already friends) and if anything ever comes up again, I'll be sure to ask you. I'm sure any journalist would love to have a Weeki Wachee mermaid- who's STILL mermaiding- speak to them.
    Mermaid Syrena!

I am honored you would consider me! I think the article was wonderful, very well thought out and intelligently written! I know how many questions get asked, topics covered, general interest conversation, just to get a quote or two that fits the direction the author wants to present! Everyone did an awesome job! I so enjoyed reading it! I love to watch the younger Mermaids grow into their tails, and enjoy the magic! I sure will FB friend you! Thank you again for the kind thoughts!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972