Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCMerfest Jan 3-5-2014

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

NCMerfest Jan 3-5-2014

The NC Mermaids are hosting a Mer-fest! I have copied some of the information for you all directly from their facebook group

Click here for official website

NCMerfest will be held on January 3 - 5, 2014 in Cary, North Carolina at the Triangle Aquatic Center. This will be a chance to meet new and old mer-friends and come together to celebrate what we love about all things "Mer!"

This will be the first annual Merfolk gathering of all our friends from all over. We have finalized plans to have Mermaid Raina come down and be our guest mermaid and speaker. Steve Anton will be coming to do underwater photography with his new "reef" setting.

The website is under constructions in the meantime for more information email. events@ncmerfolk.com.

----

CALL FOR VENDORS:

If you are interested in having a table at the Merfest Marketplace we are collecting a list to make sure we would have enough room for everyone. Please email us at vendors@ncmerfest.com. Based on the response we receive we will be able to see which space to use and how many vendors we can accept.

Thanks - NCMerfest Staff

Event listings: https://www.facebook.com/events/303113549829772/ FashionShow and Market Place

https://www.facebook.com/events/401248553330378/?ref=2

Merwrangler Sean and I will be flying down for the weekend, hopefully leaving on the Monday. We're really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm going to do either a talk or a workshop- it really just depends on what people would prefer. It'll be about running your own mer-business, and working with kids. I'll be mailing some books down too for anyone who'd like one. Also, Steve is going to be doing underwater photoshoots, but I also really enjoy photography and would love to opportunity to photograph as many mers as I can

Christomer showed me an earlier version of the schedule, which I'm sure is still being figured out, but it looks like a lot of great fun I'm really excited to meet some more mers and escape Canadian winter!

oh man! if only I wasn't vending at another convention!

I'm 90% sure I'll be going even if only for a day.

This will be fun! I am so hoping to have my Merbella tail by then, one can dream! LOL

I can't wait! This is going to be awesome!

Merman Typhoon!

Woo.. pending no disasters. i will be there! Can't wait to finally met you raina!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds awesome! Are there any nearby hotels? Are any of the local mers renting out couches? I've love to come if I can find a way.

I'd love to go! It'd be my first mer convention, so I'd be pretty nervous and confused though :P
    My dragons:

I'm very much hoping I can go!
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Senior Member Pod of The South Ariadne's Avatar
    Add Ariadne on Facebook
    I plan on going, sounds like such a fun time!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    Wish I could! Thats the very last weekend of the time I have in between Fall and Spring semester :P

I'm planning to go there too. I WANT to go!

I wanna meet some of you, the amazing Raina, and add a french touch to the convention. So many things to do and enjoy...! *SQUEAL*

Wooowhoooo yay!

I wanna go so bad. I have family up there but if we go up there they usually don't let us away from 'em the entire trip. Plus a twelve hour drive.

Looks like a BLAST!

So you can read about the speakers here: http://ncmerfest.com/NCMerfest_2014/Speakers.html

Also the tentitive schedule is up. I'm just chatting with christomer, cuz while I can go on and on and on, not sure people want 6 hours of workshops hehe http://ncmerfest.com/NCMerfest_2014/...of_Events.html

The website also seems to have been updated with loads more info
    We're doing an aquarium trip (eee!) http://ncmerfest.com/NCMerfest_2014/..._Aquarium.html so come hang out with merwrangler Sean and I <3

There will be a mermaid ball! So trade your fins for dancing shoes http://ncmerfest.com/NCMerfest_2014/...rade_Ball.html

Here's a list of the hotels you may want to choose from http://ncmerfest.com/NCMerfest_2014/...ed_Hotels.html

I originally plan to go but my dad is having heart surgery in December So im putting mer-meet plans on hold until then.

Hahah yeah so my workshops have been cut back to 90 minutes which should be easier. I think the first day will be working with kids, the second day will be establishing your business for those of you planning to be there I'd love to hear your input on how you'd liken the workshops to go. I can't decide if I should do them formal or informally. Handouts, powerpoint, or just sit and talk through some points etc. Let me know

Also, here's a quote from Christomer on the page

NCMerfest is happy to announce that a portion of the proceeds from the event will go Sirenian International, Inc.

Sirenian International, Inc., is a organization of grassroots people who share a dedication to manatee & dugong research, education, and conservation through inter-cultural collaboration. We are a partnership of scientists, students, educators, conservationists, and the public. We believe in the process of integrating science, education, and culture to catalyze positive change in our shared environment, Mother Earth.

In conjunction, with this we will be offering the "Adopt a Mermaid" program for anyone over the age of 6 that can swim and has the desire to be a merfolk for the day. We have a couple of professional merfolk that have decided to donate there time to this special program. Also a collection of tails have been donated to the program by a wonderful tailmaker. Steve Anton Photography has graciously donated underwater photographs of the adoptee and adopter mermaid together. We will start the adoption drive in October and pair up the merfolk with there adoptee around Christmas. We look forward to giving back to the community and support these wonderful animals.

I'll be doing the Adopt a Mermaid program, and am really looking forward to it! <3

I'm doing everything in my power to attend! n_n
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Hello Everyone - A special thanks to Raina for keeping you update! I have added a bunch of new information this morning. Hope to see you at the event!

ChristoMer!