Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NCMerfest Jan 3-5-2014

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I think the first day will be working with kids...
    Ohh... so we can bring puppets?
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Just got the ok that we will be bringing our tank to perform at the mall! Super excited!

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    More info posted from Christomer on the site:

TICKET AND FREE T-SHIRT PROMO WEEKEND

If you order your tickets for NCMerfest and the Masquerade Ball this weekend we will include a custom designed NCMerfest t-shirt with your ticket order. The ticket link is http://ncmerfest.eventbrite.com/.

I will sweeten the offer. The first person to guess what fish is being used as inspiration for the mermaids tail on the t-shirt will get a free event ticket and t-shirt. Good luck!

The EG Peters Band will be the live entertainment for NCMerfolk Masquerade Ball at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science.

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I guessed the fish (it is Merman Dan's Red Drum) and got the free ticket and t-shirt.

I am planning on being there, and meeting in person all the people I have met online, and the Raleigh mers.... I am crunching time on the tail to make this happen.... hopefully we will be done by then.
    Owner of Under Sea Mermaid Co.

Life is short.... live like there is no tomorrow, and smile all the day....

Swim fast, swim deep, but always reach for your dreams.

I am seriously so excited, I just hope I stay good and healthy for it! Don't want to miss any of the fun!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    The masquerade ball being a black tie affair is a bit much, for me, as I typically only wear ties for weddings and funerals. But I have been trying to break out of my shell, so to speak, so I'll give it a go.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

it'll be great to see you Dan. Not sure how I'll dress for the ball yet! Might have to buy a mask while I'm there and or a dress.

I CAN GO! I CAN GO EEEEE!!
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Yaaaay!!!!!!

Quick question - is there any way to get AM and PM added to the schedule of events? I'm trying to parse out how much time we have to swim, participate in events, etc and without AM/PM, the schedule is super confusing. @_@

I'm not sure the schedule is up to date actually there have been some changes. I.e. I am not giving workshops for 3 hours at a time, lol. I'm not responsible for any of that though so I would suggest maybe posting in the FB group or messaging christomer with any ideas

Oh yes, I was going to do that when I got home (Facebook is blocked here) but I thought I might post it here in case ChristoMer saw it here first.

egads Im so excited

I've never been to a mermeet before, and I was wondering when the pool is available? Is it open at specific times or throughout the day?
    My dragons:

it's all listed in the schedule when we'll be using the pool

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I am not 100 % sure but I am going to try to get there. I hope I can make it.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Mer-wrangler Sean and I reppin our shirts!

A few updates from the FB group page

Ticket Update:

We are releasing 15 VIP tickets for NCMerfest this morning. These tickets allow you entry into all events including John Jay Breath Hold class. These ticket include Merfest swag and also a private 15 minute underwater photo session with Steve Anton at the Triangle Aquatic Center pool during the weekend.

"Adopt a Mermaid" Program - Volunteer Merfolk Needed

The “Adopt a Mermaid” program will give a person the opportunity to fully experience the joy of being a merfolk for a day. We have a couple of merfolk that have volunteered to be adopted by anyone over the age of six that can swim. During the day, the adopted merfolk will spend the time with there adoptee during which time the adoptee will get a full merfolk makeover by the adopted mermaid from head to tail. A collection of tails have been donated to the program. They will then have the chance to swim together and have underwater photographs taken by Steve Anton. The adopted merfolk will stay in touch during the year with there adoptee. A portion of the proceeds from the adoption will go to NCMerfest charity of Sirenian International, Inc.

We have 12 adoption slots available. Currently 6 of them have been filled. If you are interested please send the following information:

Mermaid Bio
    Mermaid Logo
    Mermaid Photo in your tail

Send to chris@dhinnovations.com. The Adoption will occur during a Silent Auction to be held on October 12, 2013.

http://ncmerfest.com/NCMerfest_2014/Adopt_a_Mermaid.html

Just Added to NCMerfest Schedule "Basic Underwater Photography Seminar" by Steve Anton

This two part class is for those that have just purchased or want to purchase an underwater camera system and are new to underwater photography. Topics covered include effects of the underwater environment, diving skills and safety for the underwater photographer, equipment selection, setup, use and care and maintenance, camera and lens functions, underwater strobe exposure and basic shooting techniques, downloading, viewing and filing your images.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Ok Raina, I am unclear about this cause this may be my first Mermeet. How does one become a VIP for this event?
    Be Happy Swim Free