Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So excited to see everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    WIN A TRIP TO MERCON

ChristoMer StarfishNCMerfest

GRANTING ONE WISH for MERFEST

So I am feeling a little generous this holiday pre-season. I have had many emails about stories of why I can't come to Merfest for this reason or that! Well I am no taking anymore excuses and I am granting one Merfolk the Christmas Wish above all others. I will pay for your expenses to come to Merfest and all expenses here except for food and personal stuff. This offer is open to any merfolk in the domestic US. I have to put a small restriction on the wish. I want you to write "Why you deserve to come to Merfest?" The essay will be judged by my little mermaid and she will select the winner on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The essay must be at least 500 words and must be convincing to a seven year old little mermaid. Please send submissions to wish@ncmerfest.com. We will post the winner at midnight on the Sunday after Thanksgiving! Good luck.

It's just under a 3 hour drive for me... Now I have to decide if I want to go just one day, drive both days, or get a hotel. the only thing that I really would like to do both days is the photography class...

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    it's all listed in the schedule when we'll be using the pool
    Oh, I get it now! Only took me about two months -.-
    So we're only using the pool for the events? I guess I kind of figured it'd just be there to use for free swimming whenever. I've never been to a mer meet before, so I think my mind made up what it should be like =P Probably won't bring my tail if that's the case. Still gonna go, though
    My dragons:

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Shayna View Post
    Oh, I get it now! Only took me about two months -.-
    So we're only using the pool for the events? I guess I kind of figured it'd just be there to use for free swimming whenever. I've never been to a mer meet before, so I think my mind made up what it should be like =P Probably won't bring my tail if that's the case. Still gonna go, though
    I thought the swimming with merfolk and under water photo's was an open swim. I should have asked the event coordinators. I'm also coming no matter what, but I sent an email to the event asking if there was a 'free swim' time slot. I hope there is, but I can understand the logistical nightmare it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterfish View Post
    I thought the swimming with merfolk and under water photo's was an open swim. I should have asked the event coordinators. I'm also coming no matter what, but I sent an email to the event asking if there was a 'free swim' time slot. I hope there is, but I can understand the logistical nightmare it could be.
    Thanks, I'd send one, but I've asked already and I don't want to be more a nuisance.
    My dragons:

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    The two 'preferred' hotels also have pools, and I am hoping to do some hanging out in a tail there. It would be lovely if there was some general free swim time at the TAC!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Shayna View Post
    Thanks, I'd send one, but I've asked already and I don't want to be more a nuisance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    The two 'preferred' hotels also have pools, and I am hoping to do some hanging out in a tail there. It would be lovely if there was some general free swim time at the TAC!
    I got a reply back saying part of the pool will be roped off for people to use

Hooray! I was hoping there would be just plain ol' open swim.

Yay for free swimming! Gotta figure out what hotel I'm gonna stay at and I'll swim there too!
    My dragons:

I can't wait! Even tho i live an hour away i may still get a hotel room!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Merman Typhoon!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I am hoping I can find a room mate when I go as long they don't mind sharing with a female. My gf is comming along as well or we can room with somebody.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    Talk to me, Anthony, we may be able to work something out.

tickets for my first mer meeting bought!

So it turns out I probably can't go to Merfest... is there any way I can give my ticket to someone else? I just can't afford it anymore.

"Come all you pretty fair maidens whoever you may be
    who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea."

NCMerfest Jan 3-5-2014

I've been out of state, so I haven't been updating things, but I WON THE TRIP TO MERFEST!! Eeeeeeeeeeee!!! So I will be there! I am so so beyond excited and happy, and I can't wait to meet you all! ChristoMer is my merman angel for this amazing gift- I'm so grateful!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Congratulations Iona! That's so exciting!!