Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid with short hair?

hello,
    I am Mer Deryneia from Vietnam, who is waiting for my Finfolk Mythic!!!
    Name:  10411898_10204192139749274_1108295885028641551_n.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  63.2 KB

I have short hair that stops at my jaw line and I love it. Mermaids can have any length of hair!

Sent from my SM-J320V using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Dolly the Mermaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleTreasure View Post
    Hello! Since there are a couple of hair-related threads in this section, I figure this belongs here...

I have only ever seen 2 pictures of a mermaid with short hair - deviantart drawings - and I wonder why. I think long hair is beautiful and sexy, but short hair on the right person can also reveal her bone structure and uncover her eyes and lips. I think it could be just as pretty on a mermaid - but maybe that's my self-consciousness talking to me. I just recently got my hair cut into a pixie cut and I love it in every area of my life...except in the mermaid department.

My question is, what do you think? Can short hair look good on a mermaid, or does the lack of long hair make her less appealing? Would anyone be able to suggest a way to accessorize so my short hair is shown off instead of ignored?

Thanks for reading!
    When I saw this post I couldn't help but think of this comic

Sent from my Z981 using MerNetwork mobile app

Hey there!What do you think about having Senegalese Twist on curly dark hair?Here are some great ideas http://africanamericanhairstyling.co...st-hairstyles/, but I doubt what to choose and do I need this at all?Please, share your opinions!Thank you!

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Xù View Post
    hello,
    I am Mer Deryneia from Vietnam, who is waiting for my Finfolk Mythic!!!
    Name:  10411898_10204192139749274_1108295885028641551_n.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  63.2 KB
    Holy shit, you are absolutely gorgeous o.o

So I'm actually really camera shy so I have very few pictures of myself but I feel like sharing this is important. When I was a kid my sister and my best friend had beautiful long hair and I had a pixie cut. I originally cut it for a play. I was always self conscious when we would hang out at the pool because I looked like a chubby little boy. I still hate how it looks when it's wet. This post was encouraging to me because it's nice to see that mermaids with short hair can be just as pretty even if we might not fit the stereotype. - Nyx

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by shylittleshadow View Post
    So I'm actually really camera shy so I have very few pictures of myself but I feel like sharing this is important. When I was a kid my sister and my best friend had beautiful long hair and I had a pixie cut. I originally cut it for a play. I was always self conscious when we would hang out at the pool because I looked like a chubby little boy. I still hate how it looks when it's wet. This post was encouraging to me because it's nice to see that mermaids with short hair can be just as pretty even if we might not fit the stereotype. - Nyx
    You are increadibly cute and have absolutely no reason to be camera shy madam. You are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidrobynn View Post
    You are increadibly cute and have absolutely no reason to be camera shy madam. You are beautiful!
    You're so sweet! Thank you so much - Nyx

I have very short hair! It was very long before I gave birth but it started falling out after I had my son so I cut it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Add Scottish Clara on Facebook

Sent from my SM-G928F using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidrobynn View Post
    Holy shit, you are absolutely gorgeous o.o
    thank you!!! this is old photo, 5 years ago, my first mermaid photoshoot. I am waiting for my tail to do the next photoshoot!

Quote Originally Posted by shylittleshadow View Post
    you looks to sweet!! <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Xù View Post
    you looks to sweet!! <3 <3
    Haha thanks <3

Geez, long time no post.

I have certainly switched sides since I joined this thread. Since my family started surfing and sailing, my long hair got stayed tangled and ridiculous. after our first sailing vacation (10 days on a boat in BVI) i whacked off my hair up to my ears. i don't think I'll ever go back long again. sometimes i miss it, but not enough to actually deal with it again.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

I've got short hair and while I miss my long hair, I don't miss it all being broken and unmanageable.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I know I'm not the first to say it but I totally disagree with the idea that short hair doesn't look mermaidish enough. I think pixie cuts totally look like mermaid hair.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I rock a super short pixie hair cut every spring to autumn. Winter time, my hair just look shaggy!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I have a pixie cut! I only got it recently and before my hair was REALLY long. I'll miss having long hair but since it's so thick, it's heavy. I don't post pictures of my face often online but here we go. I know I look like I'm 14-15 but I'm actually 17.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 5.49.16 pm.png
Views: 247
Size:  550.0 KB
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Ahh! You are all so beautiful!!
    I got my hair chopped off a couple of weeks ago from short, to very short. I love it. It's SO easy to maintain.
    Currently it's straight as I had it dyed today as well

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    BEFORE

AFTER

I've had my hair short for well over a year now, and I've had 4 different color styles!!! I look more like a mermaid with my short hair!!!