Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How you can deal with monofin blisters

For now, I'm using really lovely soft regular everday socks. They are holding up nicely and I can spare them. Since I have bad reactions to every adhesive I have tried they arebetter for me than tapes.

I have a finis Aquarius monofin and tonight was my 2nd night swimming in it and I got a blister on the side of my foot despite the fact I had socks on! This makes me want to consider getting a different monofin. I was wondering if that happens with all monofins or just certain ones?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lailalailad View Post
    I have a finis Aquarius monofin and tonight was my 2nd night swimming in it and I got a blister on the side of my foot despite the fact I had socks on! This makes me want to consider getting a different monofin. I was wondering if that happens with all monofins or just certain ones?

What sort of socks do you use? I use the thick neoprene ones from Mares every time I wear fins, and they're essential for staying blister-free.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    What sort of socks do you use? I use the thick neoprene ones from Mares every time I wear fins, and they're essential for staying blister-free.
    They're thin neoprene fabric socks from water gear. My mom recommended them because they are thin and my monofin is a "one size fits all" so on the loosest strap my feet are still cramped.

They're thin neoprene fabric socks from water gear. My mom recommended them because they are thin and my monofin is a "one size fits all" so on the loosest strap my feet are still cramped.

Hmm in your situation I'd look for those foot protection pads you can stick on the affected area before swimming -- you should be able to find them in a good pharmacy.

That's the least drastic option, short of replacing your monofin or getting thicker socks. My own are 3mm thick, if that helps.

All the best, Laguna! Blisters suck and hopefully you'll find something that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Hmm in your situation I'd look for those foot protection pads you can stick on the affected area before swimming -- you should be able to find them in a good pharmacy.

That's the least drastic option, short of replacing your monofin or getting thicker socks. My own are 3mm thick, if that helps.

All the best, Laguna! Blisters suck and hopefully you'll find something that works.
    Thank you for your advice! I don't want to buy a new monofin because I just got this one. I'll try your ideas and hopefully I'll have a more comfortable swim.

Thank you for your advice! I don't want to buy a new monofin because I just got this one. I'll try your ideas and hopefully I'll have a more comfortable swim.

How's it gone, Laguna? Hope it works!

I accidentally left my neoprene socks in North Carolina last time I went up there and I miss them dearly. IDK how any of you guys manage without them.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I accidentally left my neoprene socks in North Carolina last time I went up there and I miss them dearly. IDK how any of you guys manage without them.
    When I was waiting for my neoprene socks to arrive, I used those super thick blister bandaids.
    Formerly known as ireneho