Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Sigh* Mermaidsrus Again

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook

*Sigh* Mermaidsrus Again

Hello Fellow Mers,

Some of you from over the summer should remember my experience with Mermaidsrus. If you're unfamiliar, you can find it here. Well I'm so disheartened by the final result I can't bear to post pictures now. I'll upload some later after putting it on and seeing how it swims. Let's just say I'm definitely looking forward to my Merbella's tail now, more so than ever before (I didn't even think that was possible).

So, I finally got my Mermaidsrus tail back...three months after I originally purchased it. She claims to have spent 80+ hours on it but it sure as hell doesn't look that way. I actually liked my original tail that was falling apart better :/ This time around the fluke is bigger, with a bigger heavier monofin. She made it out of a thin neoprene instead of neoprin, which is good, but that's where the pros end. Cons: The front looks alright enough, not great, not good, but alright. The scales are visible, but they end too soon and the fluke comes up too high. The back is a disaster. It's such a light layer of silicone you can barely make out the scales at all, which are square...I am not a fan of the square scales. At all. The scales actually disappear in some place, it's just flat silicone. It looks like she just tossed it down when it was still wet and it flattened out. She sent me a 'free' tail bag for my troubles and a headband. But she packaged my tail so poorly the headband broke in shipment.

Overall, my experience with Mermaidsrus was unpleasant. It was long, tedious, aggravating and I am still unsatisfied. Despite her seemingly good prices, she does not produce quality work and you will hear a lot of sob stories to excuse it. The only thing I really got out of my purchase is the tail bag, which fits the tail folded over, fluke first and unzips at both sides. Pretty ingenious. About $100 or so on her website, but I would have just bought the bag if I had known this would be the result.

Grade: F-/-5 Stars

-Aesthetically unappealing
    -NONFUNCTIONAL
    -NO MONOFIN
    -Sloppy scale work
    -Buttload of time, money and aggravation

Would never buy from again. SEVERELY disappointed. See further posts from me for pictures.
    Last edited by Merley; 11-08-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: edited rating after swimming in it or trying to...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    be sure to use the review system and leave a review. So sorry you've had this experience

:-( Bummer sauce. We'll see how the tail swims tomorrow I suppose.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Oh damn, I'm so sorry to hear it.

North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    I'm so sorry... That sounds like it would be frustrating. Do they do refunds of any kind for dissatisfied custoMers?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that still couldn't give you a good product. That's gotta be really upsetting did they just modify your old one or did they make a completely new one?

Add Merley on Facebook
    She made me a new one, Shymer. But it looks worse than the original one she sent me. It's neoprene instead of neoprin backing so I know it's a different tail. Her scale work is sloppy at best and nearly nonexistant on the back. It looks alright on the front but the back just looks like she gave up. I tried to swim in it the other day and it's impossible. You CAN NOT swim in this tail! Even the shell top she made me is sloppy and doesn't fit right. She used some weird VS bra instead of a bathing suit top. It's one of those that has removable straps to become strapless, which I personally think is pretty worthless for swimming, but she didn't even glue the shells to the bra properly and it's all lopsided and fits weird.

uggggh laaaaame

That suck so much I'm so sorry Waikiki.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Add Merley on Facebook
    Alright, so Coradion and I decided to do some investigating and we finally got around to cutting the fluke of my tail open and seeing what kind of monofin was inside. What we found shocked and disgusted us. Turns out she didn't use a monofin at all. She sewed together two pieces of a thin cardboard-like material and glued a generic foot pocket to it, that is so big it's even loose on Coradion's feet. So, not only is the monofin not real or usable, the foot pockets are sized RIDICULOUSLY HUGE and are too big for male feet. I also took some pictures for you guys of the front/back of the tail, the scale detailing on each side (or lack thereof) and some of the stuff she sent me, you can see it here. I forgot to take one of the shell top I got from her before I ripped the shells off, which had been POORLY GLUED ON TO A BRA; it didn't fit correctly because of her careless gluing. The tail itself is aesthetically unappealing and nonfunctional. As you can see in the pictures, the fluke was made of at least an inch thick's worth of silicone and glue, and sealed shut with that sad excuse of a monofin inside. It's no wonder I couldn't move. Her seams are horrendous, the silicone itself messy and chunks easily rip off. Some scales are more defined than others and the 'good' side (I'd consider that the front) has extra pieces of silicone that need to be trimmed from the scales you can actually see. In other places, the back especially, the scales are flat or disappear completely. This is the worst thing I could have ever gotten for my money. I hope those of you that just ordered don't get screwed like I did. I'm posting the images on postimage since the site won't let me reisize them and there are so many.
    Last edited by Merley; 11-08-2013 at 05:32 PM.

I am so sorry it ended up that way for you, tails are so expensive as it and I'msure getting two in a row messed up must be really frustrating. I sincerely hope you are able to work something out with that company, some sort of refund or exchange (though from the sound of it a refund would probably be best). I offer you my deepest condolences, and wish you all the luck in the world.
    -D

Ouch, sorry about that But hey, now you have your MerBella tail to look forward to!!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Yikes! That's one scary photo album :/ cardboard like material you say? It looks really odd... for as much as you paid I would have expected a real monofin at least. That thing is not a monofin.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    OMG! What a piece of shit!

You better get a full refund!

Add Merley on Facebook
    I got the second tail in the first place because she wouldn't give me a refund. Looks like I'm stuck with it. But yeah, beware. I wouldn't even take the chance on Sandy and her 'business'. It is odd, Shymer. Like Coradion said to me, you should not be able to sew your monofin. It should be made of rubber, fiberglass or something equally strong. Very true, Kalani. I'm so excited for my tail, but I haven't been able to lose weight like I wanted. :/ I feel too fat for such a beautiful tail Raven will undoubtedly create.

Omg Thats awful

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Add Merley on Facebook
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  149.7 KB
    Forgot to post this. My tail was shipped in this moded Lowes box. The 'free' headband came broken because of it. Not that it was very nice in the first place. At least I'll have a tail bag for my Merbella tail when I finally get it. It came with this giant black splotch stain on the back, but hey; it works. I recommend getting the tail bag for mers in need of something to transport their tail. It's a great idea though I'd be hard pressed to give her any other kind of business. Glad she gave me he bag, though it doesn't make up for a nonfunctional tail. A tail bag of similar design might be easy enough for the sew savvy mer.
    Last edited by Merley; 11-08-2013 at 05:23 PM.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this...it really sucks. Be sure to leave a review in the official system if you haven't already and maybe nobody else will have to get scammed like you were. The tail really sucks. :\

Jeez... I am so sorry this happened to you and I hope some kind of action can be taken against Sandy for this terrible workmanship. That tail is so sad.
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

I'm so sorry that she gave you such an inferior product than what she advertises. The tails on her website are 100 times better than the two tails you received. Just curious....which tail was worse...the first or second?

this is just me bring mean...well downright evil....but if I got screwed over that badly I would take all of the terrible pictures of the tail and post it for sale on eBay. I would list it and describe it as "worn once!" "Brand new condition!" "Cardboard like monofin!" "Sloppy scales! It looks like a great white shark chewed you up and spit you out!" " Totally unswimmable, but looks great on land if you like a "natural" got run over and almost killed by a boat propeller mermaid look!" "Would make a great half-dead zombie mermaid costume!" "Kids will love playing doctor for the mermaid and bandaging all the mermaid's tail boo-boos!"

If being reasonable with mermaids r us doesn't get you anywhere....maybe public humiliation will. I've seen her tails on eBay before so it might just be the kick in the ass needed to get your money back. You never know....I don't know what it would cost to list it....but if it was me I think it would be worth it just for the satisfaction!

I know...its a pretty awful, evil suggestion....well really awful...(I'm not normally an evil person, but this just really makes me mad!)....but you have to admit, it's fun to think about even if you never do it!