Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: *Sigh* Mermaidsrus Again

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    It get's better! She posted this before she deleted my post on her fb page: "She is Lying ! Have proof and a harassing and slandering customer. This is the 2 nd tail I made for her because she can't stop complaining and gave her over $300.00 of free items !!!!" Proof is in the pictures. And I told you guys everything. I have not received $300 worth of free stuff. She gave me one $95 stained tail bag, which isn't embroidered nicely like the one she sells and a crappy plastic headband worth what $2 at most? That broke in shipment long before it ever got to me. Not sure I ever posted a picture of it, but here it is. Needless to say, I threw that crap out. There was also supposed to be a little starfish on it apparently, but it was so brittle, I found it in pieces at the bottom of the box. Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  28.2 KB

Edit: She just called to YELL at me. This is unreal. Saying I'm slandering her. I don't even--I just don't even.
    Last edited by Merley; 11-11-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    She's harassing you. Make s post with all your photos on tumblr and watch it go viral, and a video. Or if you give me permission I'll turn this thread into a tumblr post.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    She's harassing you. Make s post with all your photos on tumblr and watch it go viral, and a video. Or if you give me permission I'll turn this thread into a tumblr post.
    yep hit up tumblr. tumblr peeps wont stand for this. (if you do can you post a link so I can reblog it too?)

So, I help run the facebook page for mernetwork, and Mermaids R us just sent this message in. I got admin permission to post the conversation here.

Name:  1111.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  65.3 KB

Seriously, not impressed. The only tail makers who have pulled this in the past are ones with bad reputations.

Add Merley on Facebook
    This is just my face at this whole situation o.OOOOOOOOOOOOO

MERMAIDS R US COMMENT TO ANGRY CUSTOMER

Hello Mermaid Community,
    I would like to start off by stating that I have never joined this network tillthis year late Oct 2013. Please forgive me if I am not forum savvy, I lovemermaids and mermen very much! I love being an artist and creating a productthat helps people with their mermaid dreams. I would never be cruel ordishonest. I was brought up old school and believe people are good. However, itis hard with our world with so much technology to stay up with all the newestforms, face book, twitter and so forth. I really don't care for drama andrumors or hearsay. But what I can promise you is that I always go above andbeyond any time I work on a product for a customer!!! Please allow me toaddress this issue with Customer Ashley Indescript. Ashley had contacted meabout making a mermaid tail for her. She had ask me to give her a break inprice and do many extras (which I agree to help as I have a big heart andwanted to help her with her mermaid dreams). She was very convincing and I feltbad (she gave me a story about her grandmother passing and this was her inheritancemoney. She also thanked me for listening to her and being a friend. She also went on about her mermaid dream andhow no one believes in her or that she can become a mermaid performer and howher parents were mad at her for buying the mermaid tail. She also stated thather parents and friends thought she was crazy. I tried to be supportive andkind. She enjoyed talking to me and was happy I was helping her with ideas to helpstart up her Mermaid Party Business. She went on to tell me how she hadproblems with her teachers at school, having money issue. How she had hoped toget a career as a journalist. Which I think this is why she is trying so hardto get a story out of this situation, so she can become a journalist. Herparents making her feel bad that she bought a mermaid is so sad. I would likeeveryone to know that I am out way more money than she ever spent on thismermaid tail and top. I have tried to work with this customer and make herhappy. But just a warning to anyone who sells to her I don’t think she will behappy with anything she gets. Ever!
    L I sent her a silicone pink mermaid tail (thatshe used in the ocean and for a photo shoot) that she then decided after usethat it was not fitting well. She felt SHEhad given me wrong measurements and asked if I could fix the tail. She alsostated that she wanted gold accents after the tail was made. I really cared andwanted to make sure she was happy. Because as you know people LIKE TO TALKABOUT THE BAD! NOT THE GOOD. I mattered that I had a happy customer. So shesent the tail back with a not so nice letter and photos that looked like shemay have enhanced to try and make it look as if there was more wrong than shetold me. Basically she was going through a lot in her life and was beingevicted from an apartment and her boyfriend was breaking up with her. She wasin need of a friend and I was doing my best to listen but I am very busy. Ithink that is where some of her anger is coming from towards me. She wanted meto text her everyday and send photos daily to her. She stated that if I did notdo this she would freak out on me as this is just the type of person she is (her words not mine) I was trying to givethis customer what she wanted. While trying to accommodate her, we had discussedadding a zipper because of her stating she felt she has a larger hip area but thenchanged her mind and told me she would prefer not to have the zipper. Shecomplained about the style of the fin and that she wanted it shaped like a mermaidtail of mine she had seen a photo of the Basic fin ( stating that she did notlike the look of the monofin) So I had to start from scratch and make her a brandnew tail. She had asked for a different Monofin (but could not afford to paymore for a professional fin that cost appx $200) so I told her I would do mybest and make her a custom Monofin that would accommodate the style of fin sherequested. (This MONOFIN WAS NOT MADE OF CARDBOARD AS SHE CLAIMED) It was made with poly/vinyl and covered in a thickfabric to keep the sharp edges from cutting threw the silicon fluke and it hasa “Fins” professional foot pouch that allows you comfort and room to wear diverbooties while swimming. I sent her photos of the progress and each time shewould ask me to add more color or change something on the tail. This made megetting the tail back to her take a little longer because of the constant changes( more gold a different shade of pink ) I also would like to add that I DO NOTUSE NEOPRINE IN ANY OF MY TAILS as she claimed I did ! It is a soft thin linerin the mermaid tail. ( the scale design ) is what she asked for as I had senther the large pattern in her first tail and she said she felt she could see theliner and I told her it would have to be made with a small scale design and sheagreed to that style)
    One thing I never claimis to be a tail maker like others. My art work is very affordable and very different!!!!It is not made like others. I cannot control or make any 2 tails exactly thesame as my tails are sculpted silicone. (Where other tail makers sculpt clayand make a mold). I sculpt silicone. INEVER CLAIMED THAT HER TAIL WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT ANY IMPERFECTIONS IN SCALES, ASMY TAILS ARE SCULPTED SILICONE!!! These are art work at affordable prices ifyou think about it BELOW cost ( Monofin $65.00+liner$20 +highend silicone $245.00+ Tint $15 and other items that are not listed and SHIPPING!) I also sent her a free mermaid t-shirt and Isent a free tail bag. (Which I told her was one of my shop bags, but I wantedto be kind and help her out with her new business) I was trying to go above andbeyond to make her happy. However, after sending her this new tail and top witha free headband and tail bag. She never contacted me and told me she again wasunhappy AGAIN !!!! but instead posted itall over Mer Network and face book andnow you all are trying to get this bashing in on pinterest. I feel as if she isBLACKMAILING me and wanting me to pay her off and give her free stuff or shewill slam me all over the internet. Also she stated she would like the 1sttail better and if she would have contacted me I would gladly send that oneback to her but she never told me she wanted that tail instead and I still haveit hanging in the shop and would have been happy to exchange it back out. BUTWAS NEVER GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY!!
    I am asking foryour kindness and understanding. I hope you will see both sides and will stopthe cruel comments. Help to make the world a better place and see that there isalways 2 sides to every story. That sometimes no matter what you do. People arenot always happy. I do believe Merbellahas a wonderful HIGHEST END QUAILTY MERMAID TAIL! WOULD LOVE ONE MYSELF! BUT IKNOW SHE CAN NOT SELL THEM FOR $495.00 with the quality design and materialcost she does with her silicone mermaid tails.
    PLEASE NOTE * I DO NOT PAINT MY SILICONE MERMAID TAILSTHEY ARE TINTED & MADE WITH A SOFT LINER AND NO 2 TAILS ARE EVER ALIKE.IMPERFECTIONS ARE IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO CONCUR DUE TO SCUPLTING SILICONE!

wow that wasn't easy to read.

We all saw the photos, that was a terrible unusable tail, and so was the replacement. You really can't blame any of that on her. The monofin looks like cardboard. The tails are literally falling apart. The second one hasn't even been used. She is more that allowed to be upset with the product, the whole community is in shock at the craftsmenship. If you really stand behind your product it's going to need a whole work over. Because we can literally SEE EXACTLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Also, criticism doesn't mean cruel comments. :/ Her talking about ways to handle the situation is also not blackmail. THAT IS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM. people are allowed to come on here and post about their experiences without fear of tail makers coming after them.

You've already done several suspicious things that make it hard to believe what you're saying. You deleting her comments, the ebay response, and there was the issue earlier this year with you tagging mertailor's stuff and merbellas stuff with "mermaidsrus" all over instagram and facebook.

There really isn't any excuse for those tails. You're trying to split hairs to make excuses for yourself and blame her. but those tails look terrible. Even if they did fit perfectly. They look like they're glued on bubble wrap and look nothing like what we can see looking on the weeki wachee page etc. And there's no excuse for such a shoddy monofin either. If people are paying that much, they should get a real monofin.

Honestly, I feel coming on here with this big rant of blaming her instead of accepting responsibility, or staying silent- just makes it all look worse. She's been documenting the whole thing and with photos from the start. You can't honestly try to pull it on us like she's lying. We can SEE it. :/

Also, it was very underhanded in my opinion to message the forum on fb about this. Your clients are your responsibility. The forum doesn't have any reason to mediate between tail makers and their clients. The forum exists as a way for people to socialize and share their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemaid View Post
    Mermaids R us,

I don't think it appropriate to share personal information about Ashley's life.

I'm sorry you feel that she is being unfair.

As someone who deals with customers on a daily bases, I have found the best way to get rid of someone who is unsatisfied is an immediate and complete refund.

I'm sure if you give her a refund she will leave you alone.
    i completely agree...there's never a justifiable reason to share any customer's personal information online without their consent. Most of us didn't even know waikiki's real name. This just isn't a safe thing to do and it shows a complete and utter lack of regard for a young woman's safety.

Furthermore, raina hit the nail on the head....we can see these tails!! They are not as good as the tails on the website!! If mermaidsrus stands behind their product, then a full refund should be offered. These tails were terrible! I can't imagine any tail maker would be willing to put their name on a product that bad.....it's just an embarrassment. The shitty craftsmanship speaks volumes and the personal attack on waikiki is just mermaudsrus grasping at straws and trying to shift the blame instead of accepting responsibility for a poor quality product.

One more thing...my tail has imperfections!! Waikiki's tails were train wrecks! It was my first tail and it wasn't perfect. How the hell is my FIRST tail a hundred times better than either of these two tails? I don't care if it's a different silicone ........you would think that anyone who runs a tailmaking business could do a better job than my first attempt.

Different silicone = way of saying caulking. Facebook pm continues. Apparently we are making fun of you? -_-

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Add Merley on Facebook
    Wow. I can't believe you're trying to cyber bully me into silence. Just because I'm a mermaid doesn't mean I don't have my voice! Also, as I mentioned earlier when you called to yell at me, I will not speak to you any more about this. Do not contact me or try to elicit a response by posting elaborate fabrications about my personal life. My lawyer will be in touch with you soon. You can say everything you need to say to him.

MERMAIDS R US

Mermaids R Us

We would like to apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please note: We have not been personally contacted by this customer for areturn or refund. We care about making a good product. If we would have beencontacted by the customer letting us know there was an issues. We would havetried rectify the problem. As we have tried to accommodate the customer (making 3 tops and 2 tails per her change request) and we sent a free MermaidT-shirt, Headband and Tail Bag.

Can't fix any issues if we are not contacted.

E-mail : info_mermaidsrus@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidsrus View Post
    Mermaids R Us

We would like to apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please note: We have not been personally contacted by this customer for a return or refund. We care about making a good product. If we would have been contacted by the customer letting us know there was an issues. We would have tried rectify the problem.
    Can't fix any issues if we are not contacted.
    Interesting. What do you have to say about THIS then?

Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki Mermaid View Post
    What Sandy told eBay, if I sent a text at an inappropriate time it's because she never responded or because I'm six hours behind and get fed up with waiting for her, and finally text her after giving her all day to respond: "This is in relation to the transaction you had for the item A Real Mermaid Tail, Swimmable Realistic Silicone Monofin, Weeki Wachee Mermaids - item number xxxxxxxxxxxx. We appreciate you trying to work it out with your seller. The seller lwilde6208 contacted us about you sending her text messages at inconvenient times of the day. While we allow you to send messages about your purchase with your trading partner, we do not encourage you to send messages to them at times when you should think they might be sleeping or busy with their personal activities. If you continue this behavior, we may be forced to flag your account for abusive buyer practices."

Last edited by Merman Arion; 11-12-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Reply to ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Interesting. What do you have to say about THIS then?

Again Mermaid r us was not contacted after she received new mermaid tail. What She posted up on this page was a contacted she had from eBay (not from mermaids r us) I think the post even had a eBay representative name listed. Not our name. So again customer had time to contact mermaids r us after new items were sent but chose to contact, eBay and mer network instead of contacting Mermaids R us . (Which is strange seance she had no problem contacting us severely times before tail was shipped )

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidsrus View Post
    Again Mermaid r us was not contacted after she received new mermaid tail. What She posted up on this page was a contacted she had from eBay (not from mermaids r us) I think the post even had a eBay representative name listed. Not our name. So again customer had time to contact mermaids r us after new items were sent but chose to contact, eBay and mer network instead of contacting Mermaids R us . (Which is strange seance she had no problem contacting us severely times before tail was shipped )
    It's hard to take this seriously when it seems like you are typing with boxing gloves on.

I agree with Pearlie - it's very difficult to understand what you're typing when there are so many misspellings.
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

I think for context purposes it's important to remember the very first post:
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-Falling-Apart

This is what she got the very first time

and then this was the replacement?
    http://postimg.org/gallery/678x3hg2/65c903eb/

I mean, all you have to do is look.

MermaidsRUs, really? You really shared personal information?
    Also, explain the photos Waikki posted. That tail was awful craftsmanship. The scales were sloppy, as she said, and you didn't even give her a real monofin?

Yeah, I think I'll order a Merbellas tail, thank you very much. I want something worth spending money on. I do prefer a hardworking artist to a lying fraud.
    My dragons: