Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Sigh* Mermaidsrus Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    I'm so sorry that she gave you such an inferior product than what she advertises. The tails on her website are 100 times better than the two tails you received. Just curious....which tail was worse...the first or second?

this is just me bring mean...well downright evil....but if I got screwed over that badly I would take all of the terrible pictures of the tail and post it for sale on eBay. I would list it and describe it as "worn once!" "Brand new condition!" "Cardboard like monofin!" "Sloppy scales! It looks like a great white shark chewed you up and spit you out!" " Totally unswimmable, but looks great on land if you like a "natural" got run over and almost killed by a boat propeller mermaid look!" "Would make a great half-dead zombie mermaid costume!" "Kids will love playing doctor for the mermaid and bandaging all the mermaid's tail boo-boos!"

If being reasonable with mermaids r us doesn't get you anywhere....maybe public humiliation will. I've seen her tails on eBay before so it might just be the kick in the ass needed to get your money back. You never know....I don't know what it would cost to list it....but if it was me I think it would be worth it just for the satisfaction!

I know...its a pretty awful, evil suggestion....well really awful...(I'm not normally an evil person, but this just really makes me mad!)....but you have to admit, it's fun to think about even if you never do it!
    Jessica is my evil twin

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Give bad feedback on eBay for sure. I am so mad for you. Grrr I'm busy this weekend but I'll try and think of something to help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Jessica is my evil twin

oui!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an evil mind!

I just Googled Mermaids R Us to see the images of her tails. I was glad to see that the 4th and 5th results are both leading here to the forum. The 5th is right to this thread, which is great for anyone who is thinking about purchasing from such a fraud.

Incidentally, MRU has a Pinterest board. You could post a few of the pics of what you received to Pinterest, mentioning the company would mean it would come up on searches. Telling the story there also could put pressure on her, and possibly, hopefully warn others away.

http://www.pinterest.com/MermaidsRus/

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    LMAO, Jessica you rock. i say do it.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Bahaha, Jessica if I were back in high school I might consider it. But I think I'm going to take the route of just exposing her work to potential customers. I don't expect to ever get a refund at this point. I did post my images to her fb page with a sarcastic post. If you guys could go and like it, that might help. It's the first one under Ashley Indescript under posts by others https://www.facebook.com/mertails Also going to use DeepBlue's idea and link to her pinterest.

Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki Mermaid View Post
    Bahaha, Jessica if I were back in high school I might consider it. But I think I'm going to take the route of just exposing her work to potential customers. I don't expect to ever get a refund at this point. I did post my images to her fb page with a sarcastic post. If you guys could go and like it, that might help. It's the first one under Ashley Indescript under posts by others https://www.facebook.com/mertails Also going to use DeepBlue's idea and link to her pinterest.
    I just gave you my like.

But why not giving them the link of this thread?
    What is happening right now is TOTAL BULLSHIT and UNACCEPTABLE. I hate to watch mermaids getting screwed by lousy tailmakers.

Add Merley on Facebook
    Thanks, Arion. I went back and linked to this thread.

I'm so sorry that she gave you such an inferior product than what she advertises. The tails on her website are 100 times better than the two tails you received. Just curious....which tail was worse...the first or second?
    In response to Jessica's question, the second one was by far worse than the first. I like to believe my first one at least had a little monofin in it. I remember it fit right and the straps actually were adjustable. It was probably some generic rubber monofin. The only thing that bugged me really was that the monofin was blatantly visible since the fluke was so much bigger than the fin. Well, aside from the silicone falling off that is and the seams ripping open...and that it was too big for me. I liked my first tail, it just fell apart days after I got it. The neoprin couldn't hold up.

First tail
    ----------
    -Made of neoprin
    -Very light layer of silicone
    -Clearly visible scales and the liner
    -Messy and strained seams
    -Too big
    -Swimming was possible

Second tail
    -----------
    -Made of thin (maybe 1mm) neoprene
    -Thicker layer of silicone, but still sloppy scales
    -NO MONOFIN
    -Messy but reinforced seams
    -Too small in the back
    -Fluke bubbles up where as my first one didn't
    -Swimming IMPOSSIBLE
    Last edited by Merley; 11-08-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    pssst jessica would you like to be the new billy maze except you know...telling people the truth

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oh. My. Gosh!

I'm not even certain I can form a coherent thought with how freaking angry I am!! How DARE she? This tailmaker does not deserve to be in business. I can't believe there is someone evil enough to take something that you know someone had been dreaming of and saving for and making it a shit pile. She must have no heart. How else could someone willingly trample all over someone else's dream and then act like nothing's wrong? ARG!

GOOD tailmakers understand that what they are creating is someone's dream, not just a product. This shouldn't have ever happened to you Waikiki. It's shameful behavior fitting only for a con artist looking for their next scam victim.

*rage*

well....it's probably best to take the high road! I just couldn't help myself from thinking evil thoughts of revenge!

I can't believe she sent you 2 tails that were that bad. It's just so incredibly dishonest and wrong. Have you considered doing an honest video review and posting it on YouTube? It it might help get the word out that she isn't a reputable tail maker.

Honestly waikiki....I feel so bad for you! I can't wait to see your merbellas tail....once you get it you will forget all about this disaster of a tail once you have the tail of your dreams!

@fun123joker,
    i had to google billy maze....too funny!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    The stuff she made the monofin out of is like a super thin vinyl. I think cardboard would've been thicker. It's so thin it was actually machine sewn together. A real monofin should break a sewing machine if you tried to do that. We're talking part of the monofin was SEWN onto the neoprene.

Iwish I had thought about saying this before...

Ive seen hervtails in person before. They ball looked like crap. Mertailors old latex tails looked better in person to me. Sorry you went through that... I know how you feel. Been there connect her...but with different tail maker.

ugh this makes me so mad she might as well be fishbutts :/

Add Merley on Facebook
    What Sandy told eBay, if I sent a text at an inappropriate time it's because she never responded or because I'm six hours behind and get fed up with waiting for her, and finally text her after giving her all day to respond: This is in relation to the transaction you had for the item A Real Mermaid Tail, Swimmable Realistic Silicone Monofin, Weeki Wachee Mermaids - item number xxxxxxxxxxxx. We appreciate you trying to work it out with your seller. The seller lwilde6208 contacted us about you sending her text messages at inconvenient times of the day. While we allow you to send messages about your purchase with your trading partner, we do not encourage you to send messages to them at times when you should think they might be sleeping or busy with their personal activities. If you continue this behavior, we may be forced to flag your account for abusive buyer practices.

She also made it a point that the item was hand/custom made and was not listed to be up for return. I personally advise you to put the item up for sale if you no longer wish to have it. That way, you might even make money out of it. Thank you for choosing eBay as your trading platform.

Thanks,

Darwin N.

What Sandy told eBay, if I sent a text at an inappropriate time it's because she never responded or because I'm six hours behind and get fed up with waiting for her, and finally text her after giving her all day to respond: This is in relation to the transaction you had for the item A Real Mermaid Tail, Swimmable Realistic Silicone Monofin, Weeki Wachee Mermaids - item number xxxxxxxxxxxx. We appreciate you trying to work it out with your seller. The seller lwilde6208 contacted us about you sending her text messages at inconvenient times of the day. While we allow you to send messages about your purchase with your trading partner, we do not encourage you to send messages to them at times when you should think they might be sleeping or busy with their personal activities. If you continue this behavior, we may be forced to flag your account for abusive buyer practices.

She also made it a point that the item was hand/custom made and was not listed to be up for return. I personally advise you to put the item up for sale if you no longer wish to have it. That way, you might even make money out of it. Thank you for choosing eBay as your trading platform.

Thanks,

Darwin N.
    ABUSIVE BUYER?!!!! Really?! How about abusive and dishonest seller?!!

Also, no one is going to buy this tail in its current condition....let alone pay more for it! Furthermore, how on earth are you supposed to predict when someone might be busy with personal activities? The sleeping part makes sense, but "personal activities" is beyond vague.

What happened to eBay buyer protection? You obviously received a defective product and deserve a refund. Anyone can see what poor condition this tail is in......even if you had never even seen a tail before you can tell it's falling apart and poorly made.

http://ebay.com/coverage/

I know you already contacted eBay, but it really looks like you should be covered based on the info in this link. It even says this:

If you received an item that is not as described, or didn't receive an item at all, the eBay Money Back Guarantee always protects you—even if the seller does not offer returns.
    If you received an item that was as described but you changed your mind and do not want it anymore, the eBay Money Back Guarantee does not apply.

so....your item is clearly not as described......eBay should be helping you, not threatening to label you as an "abusive buyer"

i really hope hope you can get this straightened out. I still can't believe that she didn't even put a real monofin in the tail

ABUSIVE BUYER?!!!! Really?! How about abusive and dishonest seller?!!

Also, no one is going to buy this tail in its current condition....let alone pay more for it! Furthermore, how on earth are you supposed to predict when someone might be busy with personal activities? The sleeping part makes sense, but "personal activities" is beyond vague.

What happened to eBay buyer protection? You obviously received a defective product and deserve a refund. Anyone can see what poor condition this tail is in......even if you had never even seen a tail before you can tell it's falling apart and poorly made.
    I totally agree with Jessica.

I wonder what would say the Weeki Wachee Mermaids about this... Especially Katarina Dickinson and Kylee Troche who are their models.

OF course they would get better tails than the average customers since they can give better publicity...
    Mmmh.. Oh! Wait a minute! This way of treating people reminds me sadly of someone : "Who-must-not-be-named"

The mermaids R us lady is Kylee's mom.