Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Sigh* Mermaidsrus Again

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    They didn't even want to see pictures and most people outside of the community don't know the difference between a good tail and a crappy one. All they know is I wanted a tail and I got one. I should be satisfied and since, as some of you may recall, I ordered back in July eBay can't do much for me. Too much time has passed. She basically guilted me into closing the dispute I filed against her back in the summer and screwed me. That 'monofin' was a big fuck you if I ever did see one. At this point only she can give me a refund, not PayPal, not eBay, her. I know that's not going to happen. Grr, it's just not fair. I didn't even want the replacement tail. I wanted a refund, but the new tail was all she offered and as you can see, it's unusable. I used all my graduation money to pursue a life-long dream; most people only graduate college once, if at all. Now I'm out $540+ and my family thinks my choice to do this is even more stupid. To be clear I'm only getting a Merbella tail because my friend really likes me and threw the bet we had so I could win. I did not and do not have that kind of money lying around to make big purchases. So, I'm lucky in that regard. However, I still don't believe that gives her the right to do this to me. I did nothing wrong. I just wanted to be a mermaid. Shoot, I don't even have a toaster. The only furniture in my apartment is my twin size bed that is constantly commandeered by my dog. My roommate sleeps on an air mattress. We're pretty typical broke college student/grad stereotypes. That was a lot of money she took from me.
    Last edited by Merley; 11-11-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: grammar

This is so frustrating to see happening. I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

And as for tail makers who think they can treat clientele like this and get away with it? They do not seem to understand, it's not the mistake that's the problem- they're human, mistakes happen. It is the poor way in which they handle the mistakes. They could be gaining a rep as a stellar company for customer service. All she had to do was make you a new tail that was up to par, and right now you'd be praising her and we'd all be seeing that she's worth working with.

Instead, she pulls this shit.

I, for one, keep connected with as many mer-related things as I can, and when people outside the community ask about tail makers, I always point out that Mertailor isn't to be trusted. And now Mermaids R Us will be included in my 'don't use this tailmaker' recs, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki Mermaid View Post
    They didn't even want to see pictures and most people outside of the community don't know the difference between a good tail and a crappy one. All they know is I wanted a tail and I got one. I should be satisfied and since, as some of you may recall, I ordered back in July eBay can't do much for me. Too much time has passed. She basically guilted me into closing the dispute I filed against her back in the summer and screwed me. That 'monofin' was a big fuck you if I ever did see one. At this point only she can give me a refund, not PayPal, not eBay, her. I know that's not going to happen. Grr, it's just not fair. I didn't even want the replacement tail. I wanted a refund, but the new tail was all she offered and as you can see, it's unusable. I used all my graduation money to pursue a life-long dream; most people only graduate college once, if it all. Now I'm out $540+ and my family thinks my choice to do this is even more stupid. To be clear I'm only getting a Merbella tail because my friend really likes me and threw the bet we had so I could win. I did not and do not have that kind of money laying around to make big purchases. So, I'm lucky in that regard. However, I still don't believe that gives her the right to do this to me. I did nothing wrong. I just wanted to be a mermaid. Shoot, I don't even have a toaster. The only furniture in my aparment is my twin size bed that is constantly comandeered by my dog. My roommate sleeps on an air mattress. We're pretty typical broke college student/grad stereotypes. That was a lot of money she took from me.
    i think everyone on here gets so mad and frustrated about something like this because a tail is so much more than a product....like you said...it's your life-long dream. (By the way...congrats on graduating! That's an awesome accomplishment! )

what she did is beyond wrong on a professional level and honestly it's just hurtful. I can only imagine how disappointed you were both times you opened the box and saw your tail for the first time. It's like destroying someone's dream.

I didn't realize that so much time has passed since you bought the tail. I'm really sorry that you can't get a refund....you really deserve one.

At this point....since you can't get a refund...do you think you can repair the tail? You might be able to put a real monofin like a finis wave in it (you might have to cut it though). It looks pretty bad so I'm not totally sure it would be worth all the trouble....but you might be able to make it swimmable so you can use it until you get your merbellas tail. What kind of silicone is the tail made out of? Caulk?

Raina posted a picture of a girl in a tail recently who repaired her tail (I don't remember who made it) and covered the problem areas with sequins and pearls. The tail looked really beautiful and it really helped cover the problem areas. You would need a lot of sequins, but you might be able to make it pretty and sparkly enough to get some good pictures in. Cartwrights sells some really pretty pink sequins (I love the "iris" ones) that you might be able to use.

Also, ilonka did an amazing sequin job on a tail http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...hlight=Marissa anyway, the tail looks unbelievably gorgeous now so there might be hope!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Okay, I am going to sound like a bitch for saying the following, but I have worked in customer service and I know the best way to bully people into a refund. Whether you want to take the advice (which is no more than I think she deserves) or be kind and let it go is your opinion. But when it comes to my money spent, I am a hard ass about getting what I promised.

1. Go to every online media outlet she has, every single day, and post complaints and pictures.
    2. Go to every single site you can find related to mermaid tails and post complaints and pictures.
    3. Call the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint. Even if you don't think you can, attempt to do so and let her know you are attempting to do so.
    4. Create online communities warning against buying from Mermaids R Us--a Facebook Page, a Tumblr Page, a Twitter Feed, a blog, etc, and continually update it on what she is or is not doing about fixing this.
    5. Every time she makes a Facebook post, comment on it talking about your issue. If she deletes it, comment again.
    6. On the sites you have made, link every single eBay item she tries to sell and tell people not to buy it.
    7. Email well known mermaids with a super polite but informative letter warning them not to purchase tells from her. include links to the pictures and make it super sappy "I want to help this not happen to other mermaids" sweetie so it doesn't look like revenge.
    8. Write a review at ripoffreport.com
    9. Email her every single time that you do one of these things to let her know that it will not stop until you get your money back.

I know this seems like cyberbullying, but she STOLE your money. And it was A LOT of money. All these things are is fair response to the service you got. Tailmakers should not be able to get away with this. Period. I know if someone had done this to me, I would do all those things and more until they realized that the best way to save themselves future issues is to just give you your money back to shut you up. You received a load of crap. Give her crap back until she returns what is rightfully yours.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Ebay officially can't do anything for me. Buyer protection my ass. Some bs about them not covering replacement items. So she found a loophole. What she did is just so-so evil! She knew I'd cut it open to see what was inside when I couldn't swim in it and knew I couldn't get a refund or resell it after that. Also, to answer your question Jessica, yes it's caulk. I guess Coradion and I are going to move forward with our plan to fix it up. It seems like making a new one would be less work though...Believe me Seavanna I want to do that. But we'll see how it goes.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    Okay, I am going to sound like a bitch for saying the following, but I have worked in customer service and I know the best way to bully people into a refund. Whether you want to take the advice (which is no more than I think she deserves) or be kind and let it go is your opinion. But when it comes to my money spent, I am a hard ass about getting what I promised.

1. Go to every online media outlet she has, every single day, and post complaints and pictures.
    2. Go to every single site you can find related to mermaid tails and post complaints and pictures.
    3. Call the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint. Even if you don't think you can, attempt to do so and let her know you are attempting to do so.
    4. Create online communities warning against buying from Mermaids R Us--a Facebook Page, a Tumblr Page, a Twitter Feed, a blog, etc, and continually update it on what she is or is not doing about fixing this.
    5. Every time she makes a Facebook post, comment on it talking about your issue. If she deletes it, comment again.
    6. On the sites you have made, link every single eBay item she tries to sell and tell people not to buy it.
    7. Email well known mermaids with a super polite but informative letter warning them not to purchase tells from her. include links to the pictures and make it super sappy "I want to help this not happen to other mermaids" sweetie so it doesn't look like revenge.
    9. Email her every single time that you do one of these things to let her know that it will not stop until you get your money back.

I know this seems like cyberbullying, but she STOLE your money. And it was A LOT of money. All these things are is fair response to the service you got. Tailmakers should not be able to get away with this. Period. I know if someone had done this to me, I would do all those things and more until they realized that the best way to save themselves future issues is to just give you your money back to shut you up. You received a load of crap. Give her crap back until she returns what is rightfully yours.
    This is great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post

^ this is why tail makers should stand behind their products! They might be able to screw people over for awhile, but eventually it will come back to bite them in the ass!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I will say I totally agree with everything here, it just upsets me that when people go through the same or similar thing from mertailor having paid even more, that people don't support them the same way or do these things

Mermaids R us, fishbutts, or *any* other tail maker should be prepared for stuff like this if they're going to give out a shit product (or none at all!)

I agree with Jessicas list. You may not be able to do anything else for yourself. But you can warn others. That's why I *still* talk about my bad experiences, because others are still having the same problems and I want people to be aware

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I will say I totally agree with everything here, it just upsets me that when people go through the same or similar thing from mertailor having paid even more, that people don't support them the same way or do these things
    People are afraid of Mertalior. Straight up scared.

I even am a little.

Part of me wants to help. I'm pretty good at customer service wars, and he was really mean to someone I care about, but I don't want his wrath upon me.

I hope I didn't invoke it with this post....

Don't let him scare you, that's exactly what he wants. He's probably laughing reading such a thing.
    Last edited by deepblue; 11-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.

*Sigh* Mermaidsrus Again

Quote Originally Posted by Firemaid View Post
    People are afraid of Mertalior. Straight up scared.
    I think sometimes people are more afraid of his goonies than of him. He makes one post on his Facebook and all of his goonies are up in arms even if they don't know the whole story. (And most of them know nothing of the community either and sling bad names left and right about the person having no idea what they're talking about.

Personally I don't care if I ever end up on his radar. I don't think I ever will because I'm never buying one of his tails but if I do, I welcome it. His goonies will be running back in waves with their tails tucked between their legs and that's if they return at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

yeah I didn't mean to turn the conversation, we can talk about that more here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...nstagram/page6

But yeah, I can't believe Mermaids R us. These tails look nothing like what they did years ago either. ;/

Everyone thinks they can be a tail maker. :/

And another option is about to get marked out for a realistic tail. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    ^ this is why tail makers should stand behind their products! They might be able to screw people over for awhile, but eventually it will come back to bite them in the ass!
    Can i join you? I want to bite him too

Quote Originally Posted by Merman_Ryan View Post
    And another option is about to get marked out for a realistic tail. :P
    I second that statement. After this, Iona should delete this shitty business from the "Buying tails" section. Period.

I'm so so sorry this happened to you Waikiki The pictures just made my heart break for you. I can't believe ebay was so totally useless I agree with Seavanna's advice. Since she insisted on screwing you over, let lose the hounds. I'd add to that list to make a YouTube video review. There are tons of mermaids on there, and it's a powerful way to share things since you can show video of the tail. Plus, it makes your review easily shareable across social media.

There isn't a thread for Mermaids R Us in the review system. Apparently that needs to change.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    Very sorry to hear about such issue. I think best would be that you repair your tail and perhaps if you can report EBay to block and ban this seller from their website, it may help prevent future buyer victims?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I totally admit I didn't read lots of this post- but I did see the photo album and..... OMFG. If I were in your shoes, I'd file a complaint in small claims court.... and being the vindictive bitch I am I'd drag her into Judge Judy's court room lol. I'm so terribly sorry you had this awful experience! I personally have always thought her tails look like garbage, and her little mermaid princess daughter annoys the shit out of me. She's never done anything to me or anything like that, hell I don't even know her- it's just her "trailer-trash barbie mermaid" look that makes me want to kick puppies. whoo- I'm feelin feisty today! Sorry for being a dick, guys, but seeing you go thru this just chaps my ass raw.
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

omg could you imagine judge judy on mermaids? lol

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I CAN imagine- that's what's so appealing about it. I'm pretty sure if Waikiki took that trash tail in there and showed it to the general public, Sherry would get her ass handed to her. Even someone without knowledge about how tails SHOULD be made can recognize totally shitty workmanship.
    Formerly known as NikkiLee

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Isn't there a consumer advocate reporter at one of the news stations? Here in the NY/NJ area, the ABC affiliate - Channel 7 - had "Ask Asa", and he'd get to bottom of a story like this! And this would be very "sensational"! At least talk to a reporter at a newspaper and see if they can make any headway with getting a refund. That tail is SHIT.