Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TEETH shattering moment... Thanks a lot, eyes.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Honestly I am in chlorine so much now I avoid opening my eyes underwater unless I'm filming. I never do tricks in water that isn't over my head.

I have a blooper on my computer of me clocking my head on the metal railing as I was coming up for air. Bloody thing damn near winded me, and I couldn't cry out because...water.
    But yeah, I tend to avoid crazy flippy stunts.

The first time I tried out my monofin in the ocean I was like "YEAH OMG THIS IS AWESOME"
    And then I hit the bottom and got my mouth full of sand.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    I'm nearsighted and see nearly perfectly underwater with non-prescription goggles on than above the water.

If I'm not wearing goggles but want to open my eyes underwater, I usually go in without contacts. It's probably pretty rare for something bad to happen to your eyes, but it would be really gnarly if something DID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think what we're trying to say here is dont be so hard on yourself, you arent alone

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I see badly underwater without goggles and fine with them. Never stopped me from bashing face first into the wall/the bottom/the lane marker/the creepy guy who insists on sharing my lane.

I like to pride myself on keeping myself together in risky situations. Guess who nearly panicked and drowned herself during her first underwater shoot with a pro photographer in water she could stand up in?

THIS fish.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I see badly underwater without goggles and fine with them. Never stopped me from bashing face first into the wall/the bottom/the lane marker/the creepy guy who insists on sharing my lane.

I like to pride myself on keeping myself together in risky situations. Guess who nearly panicked and drowned herself during her first underwater shoot with a pro photographer in water she could stand up in?

THIS fish.
    *snickers*
    Formerly known as ireneho

I have studied this problem for some time. I think you have to understand some concepts related to refraction, lenses, working of the lens, lens makers formula and underwater vision. Here are some very good resources
    1. Refraction
    2. Lens
    3. Lens Maker's Formula
    4. Underwater vision

I hope these resources help you. Thanks!!!