Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor tail for sale, from instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    Are you serious? She seems to have used it more than twice with her videos at the lake and in a indoor pool. I'm confused on this.

Seems like it's a good fit to me though. Good luck for her to sell it.
    Hey don't blame me this is just what I've been told.
    And it is also weird that she is selling it via insta first asking 3500 and if it doesnt sell she will put it to ebay for 5k. If it was me selling the tail I would first try to get as close as possible to the price I paid and then lower it not vice versa.
    confused too

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Agreed, PearlieMae. I was thinking that about her swimming too. I wonder if it's just the tail making it difficult. I haven't seen any other videos of her swimming to properly judge. But you'd think someone working Ripley's tank would be a far superior swimmer. Price jacking sounds more likely than not, which is a shame considering the state of that tail. I'm really not fond of those side fins. They don't make sense to me for them to be there; the placement just seems awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I think she's claiming it to be a $5k tail and pricing it lower to get back her original investment and make it sound like a bargain to the uninitiated.
    I hope not. Seems like she's pulling a Krystal. Last time i checked, mermaids are cool sea creatures, not felons.
    Seriously, guys, is this gonna be a new "trend" in this community? This seems to happen a lot.

On another note, i'm not fond of the dorsal fins either.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki Mermaid View Post
    Agreed, PearlieMae. I was thinking that about her swimming too. I wonder if it's just the tail making it difficult. I haven't seen any other videos of her swimming to properly judge. But you'd think someone working Ripley's tank would be a far superior swimmer...
    I'm surprised Ripley's hired her, given the nature of her fetish association.

I'm not much fond of the tail either like you guys...the color is nice but the fluke and the fins aren't my taste. It's got issues and that's understandable, hopefully it'll go to a nice home where someone can appreciate it for what it is.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    The fluke is really crooked, it's not just the perspective. He must have really messed up when attaching the fluke and tried to paint it on a way that it wouldn't show so much. I would have been really upset if I found that my tail had such an obvious mistake in its construction.
    The monofin looks even more crooked inside the fluke. I have noticed him put monofins crooked in flukes before, so I wonder if that's what he's really trying to compensate for here. That would add to the ankle bunching too, I would guess.
    Does he have an assistant who helps with parts of the construction process? I just can't see how he made this mistake and kept going before correcting it. It looks like he's tried to trim it to make it look even, too.

Overall I think this tail was one big mistake. I wonder if she hadn't noticed its problems before she got it. I also wonder if she brought this up with Eric to see if he could fix it. This tail is probably not worth what she's asking for it, but with some modifications, it might work out okay for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph Daniela View Post
    Eeek, I wish this girl luck for selling her tail but then she should change profession. If this lousy swimmer calls herself "professional mermaid" I should call myself prime minister.
    What do you mean? I mean she's not an expert swimmer but depending on what a mermaid does specifically (kids, tank performances, dry events, etc.) swimming isn't the most important thing you can do.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph Daniela View Post
    Eeek, I wish this girl luck for selling her tail but then she should change profession. If this lousy swimmer calls herself "professional mermaid" I should call myself prime minister.
    This video is really short.
    While it doesn't look like brilliant swimming, I've seen loads of worse swimmers (and I mean, MUCH worse) who are all professional mermaids.

Fact is, parents and kids don't care about that anyway.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I haven't read the other replies but she really did pay a huge amount for it and mertailor was quoted as saying it was 5k for all the work he put into it. Basically its too small for her and he refused to exchange or refund or change it and not the colors she wanted. She's trying to make back the money she spent so she can get one that fits.

It looks like a beautiful tail and barely used. I hope someone buys because I know how sad she was.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

P.s that video was for a.b.c

She's not pulling a Krystal. She can't swim because her legs are jammed. And the tail is much thicker than his usual ones.

Which video? The swimming one?

Seriously folks I talked her into selling it
    This isn't a scam. You may not agree with the price or like the tail but its not a scam. She needs a new tail fast to keep up with her gigs she just landed and this one obviously fell through.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    It's a really pretty tail.
    Problem is, it needs a lot of luck to fit into a silicone tail made for someone else.

Also, a real shame that 5k worth of work went into this and still neither fits properly,
    nor is the colours she wanted

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I haven't read the other replies but she really did pay a huge amount for it and mertailor was quoted as saying it was 5k for all the work he put into it. Basically its too small for her and he refused to exchange or refund or change it and not the colors she wanted.

I hope someone buys because I know how sad she was.
    You have got to be kidding me...! His conduct is so unprofessional...

I'm seriously pissed off. How many more mermaids is he gonna make crying?

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    She's not pulling a Krystal. She can't swim because her legs are jammed. And the tail is much thicker than his usual ones.
    My mistake, then. I take it back and I do admit that we didn't know the exact details.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    I don't think it's fair to really make judgements on somebody based on pretty much no facts.... We don't know what it cost or why she didn't want it, and I think it should be an innocent until proven guilty thing. I know that a lot of mers have been hurt by people trying to rip them off, but we can't let that keep us down! Lets hold onto our bubbly merhappy and be cautious but still give her the benefit of the doubt. The fact that her swimming and fetish associations were brought up kind of shows that we are not giving her a fair shake over this-- how well she swims and being kinky don't really have anything to do with selling the tail. I really don't mean that against anyone, because I totally see how this seems a little bogus, but I know that if I was just honestly trying to sell a tail and I saw this thread, it would probably make me cry, seeing my professionalism and integrity questioned when I, personally, hadn't done anything to warrant it. Once again, I am definitely not trying to make waves, just trying to remind everyone that this mermaid, personally, has done nothing to warrant strong suspicion and that being cautious doesnt mean we need to jump to conclusions and paint a bad picture of her in our minds.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    You have got to be kidding me...! His conduct is so unprofessional...

I'm seriously pissed off. How many more mermaids is he gonna make crying?

I agree. I haven't been around long and I have heard so many sad tales... It's like the Tell Tail Horror Show sometimes.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

I'm wondering if she'll buy from Eric again after this or not.

I personally am in LOVE with the colours on that tail, although it really is a shame about the dorsal and uneven fluke. All drama around Trina and the Mertailor aside, I just wanted to say that if it weren't so pricey and if it were my size I would consider. But really, why would someone spend 3.5k on a used tail when one can get a tail custom-made for the same price, or even less? There are plenty of tail-makers offering custom tails for far less than 5k, so it is such a shame that the Mertailor charged so much only for Trina to find out it's not what she wanted. I suppose if you were in a hurry to get a tail then maybe you would spend whatever price, but as for me I'd rather save my dollars...

Add Seatan on Facebook
    That's really what's so scary about tail buying... For $5,000 you should get the quality, size, and style promised, or you don't pay. I've been told that's just not the way of the custom tail world, but that seems RIDICULOUS to me. Yes, it's custom, but that doesn't mean tailmakers shouldn't be held to a certain level of craftsmanship and, if they don't meet that, be expected to redo it or refund it. This tail looks a bit of a mess to me--certainly not Mertailor's finest--so why in heaven's name can't she get a refund? I honestly don't care if something is custom or not, it MUST meet the agreed level of standards or I want my money back. Which is why I honestly believe there should be VERY descriptive contracts explaining what a tail will have and listing things that tend to vary (say, you get a refund if it has a messed up fluke, is neoprin when promised neoprene, was not made out of the kind of silicone promised, is TOTALLY off the measurements versus being stuck with it if you no longer like the design agreed upon or the colors aren't as cool as you liked or you didn't realize that all tails will have wrinkles.) I truly believe that explicit legal contracts need to be made for these things, just like any other high priced item, to keep EVERYONE honest.