Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor tail for sale, from instagram

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Oh I think it's just because he does all the celebrity gigs is all.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Mertailor tail for sale, from instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    Oh I think it's just because he does all the celebrity gigs is all.
    But why don't the celebrities never seem to know about other tail makers because I know a celebrity would jump at the chance to wear a tail that no other celebrity had worn before. Too look different you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    From what I understand, Eric actively promotes Mertailor to celebs while other tailmakers are busy, well, making tails!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Didn't someone famous wear an MVD?

Michael Phelps did, I believe. But wasn't that a Tom Shouse, not MVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    From what I understand, Eric actively promotes Mertailor to celebs while other tailmakers are busy, well, making tails!
    Pffff............ Good luck for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Michael Phelps did, I believe. But wasn't that a Tom Shouse, not MVD?
    You are right

Name:  michael-phelps-mermaid.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  135.4 KB

He has a great, goofy grin in that image :P

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    lol that's what I just said

Keep in mind Eric has been actively trying to get celebs to wear his tails for 7-8 years.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Trident True's Avatar
    Ok so from what i have seen and read it sounds to me that Eric needs to fix the problem. you don't just handle over a couple ok K and get a product such as this. this is really discusting. She hasn't received what she has paid for and that is against the law. he has created a tail that does not represent the product that she should of received. (false advertsing) by law she can go to a lawyer and fight this. its most likey she will win. what happened to the warranty? why wont he fix it? it seems to me that he takes money and once the item is sent to the customer he doesn;t give a fucking rats ass. if Eric does care about his customers why didnt he fix the problem. its very clear to me now on how he treats his customers and for that i will never purchase from him. (see words gets around) the net is a small place when it comes to these types of things, words gets around and then eventually now one will buy. so he is really kicking himself in the teeth if this was me i would get a lawyer involved. i hope she has some luck with the sell.

fucking discusting

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    From his facebook page, I don't get the impression that he spends much time making tails very much at all. Too busy being an attention whore, really. But that's my opinion.

I dont believe he offers warranty, but everytime I saw something on here he likes to prove me wrong, even if it means inventing something just so he can make me look like I'm wrong :o so now that Ive said it, he'll probably offer them.

No refunds, no warranty.

Here's his conditions of sale: https://www.themertailor.com/conditions-of-sale

18.3 DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
    Mertailor LLC is extremely cautious in ensuring that each Product strictly complies with our quality criteria and that it has passed all our controls, both technical and aesthetic.
    If nevertheless you receive a Product that seems to be defective or damaged, you may contact us by email at info@themertailor.com with a detailed email of the damages within one business day upon receipt of the Product for further instructions. Mertailor LLC may classify the Product as a defective Product. Please note that items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be defective.
    If Mertailor LLC declares your Product as defective, the following solutions will be proposed to the Customer, as applicable:
    I) Mertailor LLC may send you the same Product in the exact same size, subject to availability,
    II) Mertailor LLC may propose an exchange for another Mertailor LLC creation of equivalent or higher value, in which case the initial price will be deducted and you will be required to pay only the difference.
    III) Mertailor LLC may propose to repair the original purchased product(s) and return back to the customer at the companies expense.
    If Mertailor LLC is at fault for defective or damaged products, the product will be corrected or replaced along with reimbursement of any return shipping monies to Mertailor LLC.

I saw the personal communication (Trina has it documented on her blog) and she was told she could pay even more for them to fix or replace it. In her own screen shots of her texts with them and her blog reflections Trina wonders if she gained/lost weight, but it would have been quite the drastic up/down to lose so many inches so quickly, and it seems to me from reading all the conversation that it was her attempt to try and take some responsibility because she considered them friends and wasn't trying to cause trouble. But even if she had made an error with measuring (which I am not suggesting she did, I am just using it as an example) that doesn't really account for a tail so thick it can't be used (Oceana was able to get a refund for her tail which was also too thick to be used- she got a lawyer) and a fluke that is so clearly defected.

Now, I can appreciate that eric made the tail thicker because Trina is hard on her tails, but exactly how thick should have been discussed. I can tell you from personal experience, thickness can make you not able to swim. I can not swim in the mermaid creations tail that Naida wears because it is so thick I can't move. The only reason Naida can is because she's thinner than I am and the tail is baggy on her, she can bend inside it. But too thick makes it impossible to bend, to move your ankles, and to turn.

Honestly, Eric should have replaced it, but he didn't. He doesn't usually. I get so many emails like this weekly, I've started telling people don' bother emailing me unless you want me to post it all publicly because I'm tired of being the middle person trying to encourage people to stand up for their rights. Trina didn't join the forum. Trina didn't write a review. Trina doesn't want drama. And as much as I'd like to fight a battle for her, I just want to respect what she's going through, the stress it has put her under, and accept that she doesn't want to pursue getting a refund or exchange from Eric. (as much as we all think she should)

The best thing you can do for Trina right now is help her find someone who will buy the tail, who'd like it and maybe not mind cutting the fin down.

Do any tailmakers offer refunds or warranties?

I know for a fact that Merbellas offers a warranty. Mernation and Finfolk might as well... I'm not sure though.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Finfolk offers a lifetime warranty. The paint on my tail got a big scraped and banged up (stupid concrete pool) and a couple of the fins got a little damaged so they are currently fixing it up for me at no extra cost. I think they and other tailmakers look at Eric and learn from his mistakes...

Anyway, I feel really bad for Trina and what she's going through. I hope she gets it resolved soon.

Just curious Raina, what kind of hard do you mean Trina is on her tails? :b

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    From his facebook page, I don't get the impression that he spends much time making tails very much at all. Too busy being an attention whore, really. But that's my opinion.
    We share the same opinion. Couldn't agree more...

Last edited by Merman Arion; 11-10-2013 at 05:08 AM.

I don't think tailmakers should do it all the time I have seen the stress it puts Raven under to have people send tails back for stuff no one else would notice but them. Stuff I'd never send my tail back for. And there ARE people who abuse those that take refunds or exchange. Like I said, serial tail buyers/sellers for sure. I just think Eric needs to be a bit more flexible. He could have avoided a whole issue by switching her tail and reselling that one himself. With his fanbase it's not like it would be hard. I've seen him sell tails that were actual crap before (like the old wine coloured one used for the original Ripley's ad,) for a descent price, so I'm sure he could have resold that one himself and saved the headache and not lost any money.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I just think Eric needs to be a bit more flexible. He could have avoided a whole issue by switching her tail and reselling that one himself. With his fanbase it's not like it would be hard. I've seen him sell tails that were actual crap before (like the old wine coloured one used for the original Ripley's ad,) for a descent price, so I'm sure he could have resold that one himself and saved the headache and not lost any money.
    Obviously. Unfortunately, he's not smart enough to do just that.

Why does the mermaid community have more drama than anyone else?
    I hate this. >_>

Additionally, I really do like Matt. He's been nothing but good to me and I think he has a good head on his shoulders.
    He took my tail for me and fixed almost all the holes (also the monofin was poking out on one side and that was fixed too)
    and then it was repainted for me because the tail was in bad shape when
    I got it and he wanted to make it look better. (I dropped it off and picked
    it up so I didn't have to pay shipping) I am very very very thankful that he did that for me for free
    and it really did improve the quality of my tail.

Seriously, does that sound like two happy mermaids here with a dream tail?

THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Girls have to stand up against him or else, there is going to be in the future a new Trina, a new Rayblonde, a new Mahina, a new Raina etc...
    OKAY I do have to say that my tail was bought used
    and it was kind of destroyed when I got it. MY TAIL WAS NOT MADE FOR ME
    FIRST so the fact it doesn't fit and has holes is not Eric's fault. Its just really shitty
    of the person to have put that the tail was made to a 36 inch waist
    when it was in fact definitely not meant for that and meant for someone who wears
    a size 0-3 jeans. Also shitty of them for not mentioning that it came with holes
    from some dumb model with a manicure probably pulling at the poor thing with her nails.
    (I got it from someone that had used it for photoshoots so Im sure thats what happened)
    **face-palm** People are dumb.

I think Mertailor has fucked up in the past. A lot.
    But remember guys, he isn't the only one.
    "I'm just so fed up with all these tail horror stories. Not even just Eric. Theres pleeeennntyyyy about Merberry and Fishbutts doing shoddy things to people too. I personally would probably never buy from them either because of the things I've heard. And I don't want to waste my money or my time when it comes to something this important to me. Eric might be kind of alienated but hes not alone. At all. There's numerous tail makers who have done very evil menacing things to people..."

I'm sick of people's dreams being destroyed and people being DICKS.
    COUGH KRYSTAL COUGH.
    Really though, every time I hear about another dream being destroyed
    it pisses me off so badly.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE FRIENDS?
    fuck o.o
    Last edited by Patches; 11-09-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/