Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor tail for sale, from instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Why does the mermaid community have more drama than anyone else?
    I hate this. >_>
    It really doesn't. By far. It's just a small community, and many tail makers always label their criticism as "drama" in order to take an validity away from it. Because calling something drama is the best way to shut down the conversation. There isn't really anything dramatic about the conversation. I think people just attach drama to any conversations surrounding Eric. If this post was 100% about fishbutts for instance, I don't think a single person would call it drama. But because Eric has *mixed* reviews, anything about him ends up "drama". He has personally already labelled anyone who says anything in the slightest that is critical a "hater". When in fact, it's likely he has very few people who actually hate him. (I don't even hate him. I'm just annoyed, lol)

OKAY I do have to say that my tail was bought used
    and it was kind of destroyed when I got it. MY TAIL WAS NOT MADE FOR ME
    FIRST so the fact it doesn't fit and has holes is not Eric's fault. Its just really shitty
    of the person to have put that the tail was made to a 36 inch waist
    when it was in fact definitely not meant for that and meant for someone who wears
    a size 0-3 jeans. Also shitty of them for not mentioning that it came with holes
    from some dumb model with a manicure probably pulling at the poor thing with her nails.
    (I got it from someone that had used it for photoshoots so Im sure thats what happened)
    **face-palm** People are dumb.
    You didn't give any of this context, so you can't blame someone for jumping to a conclusion the first time And yeah I'm fairly sure you got it from someone who just used it for a photoshoot. I saw the pics online, and I think that was a perfect example of someone exploiting a return policy right there. Bought the tail for one shoot and then returned it.

I think Mertailor has fucked up in the past. A lot.
    But remember guys, he isn't the only one.
    "I'm just so fed up with all these tail horror stories. Not even just Eric. Theres pleeeennntyyyy about Merberry and Fishbutts doing shoddy things to people too. I personally would probably never buy from them either because of the things I've heard. And I don't want to waste my money or my time when it comes to something this important to me. Eric might be kind of alienated but hes not alone. At all. There's numerous tail makers who have done very evil menacing things to people..."

No one is saying he's the only one. This thread just happens to be about him. There's currently a thread going about fishbutts, and a thread going about mermaids r us too. But no one is calling those two drama Just people rightfully outraged at how customers have been treated.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE FRIENDS?
    fuck o.o
    Well, we don't all have to be friends but I've been around here for a long time, and I think those of us who have been around the longest will agree that in most cases, it's not the customers deciding we can't all be friends, it's the tail makers. People don't usually post bad reviews to the forum until they've done everything to fix it on their own, have contacted the tail maker, and usually get a not-so-nice result. A lot of people get harassed to stay quiet- and not just mertailor's customers. (I mean really, that's the dramatic thing, and that's the drawing lines to keep people from being friends thing in my opinion). I was contacted by two different people who feel harassed into silence by 1 other super realistic tail making company. And I have been trying to encourage them to post to the forum.

Honestly, I think we do a lot of victim blaming in the community. Instead of supporting people who are brave enough to come forward, and listening to their stories, and pushing for change in the community, we sit on the fence, we hush them back into silence, we label it drama etc all bad things to do for someone who has been wronged. And people it for loads of reasons. They don't want to hurt their own chances with a particular tail makers. They don't want to be harassed. THey don't want to be contacted specifically by that tail maker because they've posted something (raise your hand if Eric has emailed you because you've agreed with something I've said about him, lol he does it constantly to people).

But on the other hand, we all just can't jump on a boat either. We have to be critical, ask for proof (which most people do supply in the form of pictures etc. If you go check the official reviews you'll see a lot of that) and think for ourselves too. No one says you can't get a tail maker a chance if they screw up. It's just better if you're making an educated decision. Because there will *always* be people like Krystal who take advantage, or others like the serial tail buyers/returners I mentioned. And they distort everything. My issue is that mertailor (and a few other tail makers) try to make it come off like anyone who is unhappy must all be a Krystal. And that's what upset me the most with the Trina thing. Trying to suggest to his fans that she is a scammer, taking advantage of him etc. THat's pretty fucking low. But then again, the guy has said loads of weird things about me to try and undermine a review I wrote what- almost 5 years ago now? lol.

Anyway, obviously this isn't all directed at you Rayeblonde. Just using the opportunity to bring a few points up.

Because the big D word was brought up, I think it's worth pointing out that referencing real life information and evidence, because it's relevant to the discussion at hand, isn't drama. Disliking a particular tail maker based on their tail making isn't, either.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RayeBlonde View Post
    Why does the mermaid community have more drama than anyone else?
    This is actually the longest I've ever stuck around on a forum simply because in every other forum I've ever joined you can't let out a breath without someone starting serious drama. I once got attacked for posting on a pet snake forum suggesting (in a friendly, helpful to newbies sort of way) that you would be better off buying housing made for snakes than using a glass terrarium because I, personally, spent so much money and effort on my glass terrarium that it would have been cheaper to buy a cage made for snakes in the end. Literally, people attacked me: 'You can say this, but to some people a hundred dollar difference is a lot of money, okay?????!!!!' and 'You don't have any right to make that claim, I do just fine with glass!!!' and stuff of that sort. It's horrifying how you have to tip toe around so many forums because having a single opinion will get you ripped to shreds.

The fanfic Livejournal community is just as bad, and fellow writers will hate you if you get "famous" for stuff you write. I was banned from being able to join a bunch of public White Collar groups by one big name person in the fandom for NO APPARENT REASON. I had never even spoken to her or done anything but post fanfic on my page and she wrote me an email about how my fic disgusted her (mind you, she also wrote adult slash) and then blocked me so I couldn't respond and banned me from everything she was in charge of. Most likely reason? She didn't like the fact that my fanfic was popular.

Honestly, this forum is like a peaceful breeze compared to most of the net. I have been cyberbullied into tears over so many innocuous things over the years that it is unbelievable. I am one of those people who malingers over things if I can't resolve them, so the instance where I was hated on then blocked for reasons unknown bothered me so much I quit the fandom and stopped writing my VERY popular fanfic.

Mers don't seem to be like that. This thread, for example, has some negative opinions about Mertailor, but it hasn't turned hateful to any individuals in the thread and it's really more bitter than hateful toward Eric. I really appreciate the way that the mermaid community keeps its cool compared to most other internet communities.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    Honestly, this forum is like a peaceful breeze compared to most of the net. I have been cyberbullied into tears over so many innocuous things over the years that it is unbelievable. ... Mers don't seem to be like that. ... I really appreciate the way that the mermaid community keeps its cool compared to most other internet communities.
    Thanks for that, Seavanna Most people who think this forum is dramatic haven't seen most of the other forums on the net And you know I'd like to take credit (not really, haha) but it's due to the wonderful people that this great community is made up of! Yeah, we get all kinds, but luckily most of them are good apples and not bad or sour ones. EVERY community big and small, has drama. It's pretty much a inevitability, and fact of life. When people label conversations like this "drama" I just have to laugh, honestly. If only they knew what forum drama REALLY looked like

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah 99% of the stuff here that gets labelled drama isn't. It's, "I don't like that so and so said that". But, we do have a drama thread for when something crosses a line, and posts get moved there

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    yeah 99% of the stuff here that gets labelled drama isn't. It's, "I don't like that so and so said that". But, we do have a drama thread for when something crosses a line, and posts get moved there
    it is the unfortunate thing about being a part of any kind of community, no matter what, someone will have a different view and that view will make someone angry and then drama starts. I wouldn't be surprised if my saying this would make someone a tad bit annoyed, but we all have the right to say what our personal views are, people just need to take it with a grain of salt. Otherwise will have wonderful experiences with certain tail makers and others will not. I personally feel that your tail is better looking now than when it was brand new

No matter what forums you go to, drama, hackers, spammers and banning members is always part of it. The internet brings out the rude and evil side of people because there are really no repercussions. So people will be tend to be 10 times more rude than in a real social situation. I have never met anyone not guilty of being extra jerky because it's just the internet. My mom is the nicest person when you sit next to her, but she'll let you have it online

So the general consensus on this seems to be..

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

HAH OMG FTW ADVENTURE TIME. That just made my day.
    ~<3
    If you could be so kind as to like my page, I'd appreciate it:
    https://www.facebook.com/patchesthemermaid/

I personally don't see this as drama. You had a good experience with the Mertailor and others had not so great experiences, however, I will agree...drama is a daily thing. And Adventure Time is fantastical....

Any excuse to summon the wrath of Lemongrab :P If he was dissatisfied with any tailmaker he would give them...

Okay, I'm done

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    Haha yeah, the mer community does seem to have quite a bit of drama. But you should see the metal community.
    Say something which someone slightly disagrees with and it's like conflict in the Middle East. -_-
    Anyhoo, I do hope Trina finds someone to buy her tail and even better, fix it's flaws. Really sucks to hear people not getting what they paid for. I cringe every time e-e. Puts me off the idea of buying from Eric even more. I don't hate the guy, it just seems like Russian Roulette when people buy from him.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I hear the cosplay and BJD community are rather fierce too. It's the artist setting I think.

Mertailor tail for sale, from instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I hear the cosplay and BJD community are rather fierce too. It's the artist setting I think.
    Oh yes. That they are. But it's also in fashion communities. Any community will have drama because people will always be butting heads about something. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    I was in the BJD community back when it was just a mailing list. After about a year on that forum I got the hell out of dodge.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Did someone say BJD?
    Name:  IMG_2504.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  105.0 KB
    Just chillin' on your forum.

Anyway, back to the topic.
    I think any topic that has a large following will have drama, because there just so many different opinions, personalities, etc. This is especially true on the internet. I think a reason people can get so worked up is we can't see the person's body language and hear their tone. All we have are words. 93% of communication is nonverbal, and it's hard to get that through someone's post.
    My dragons:

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Yeah you're right. I have a friend in the BJD community. I hear there's a huge feud between recasting. She asked me if that happened in the mermaid community. I was like "I think maybe once or twice I've come across someone who recasted a fluke." Then I sat there for a few minutes thinking. Oh crap... What if recasting flukes was a fluent thing in the mer community? Things would be nuts!

Honestly, I'm not really active in the BJD community (although I do know about the recast wars). Most communities I'm in, I just kind of lurk around. Mermaiding is really the only one I show my face in.
    My dragons:

What does recasting mean specifically? Google doesn't provide the most accurate definition I don't think, haha.

I think that means that someone buys a creation of someone else and makes a mold of it, then starts casting it and selling it as their own work. Which is what I believe Mike did with the Thirteenth Year tail's fluke (he bought the original, then started selling replicas).

Wingéd Mermaid Iona