Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: ★ The Accessory Making FAQ ★

Junior Member Pod of Texas secretsandswimming's Avatar
    Follow secretsandswimming On Twitter Add secretsandswimming on Facebook Add secretsandswimming on Google+ Add secretsandswimming on Bebo Add secretsandswimming on MySpace
    Add secretsandswimming on Linkedin Follow secretsandswimming on Tumblr Follow secretsandswimming on Flickr Visit secretsandswimming's Youtube Channel Visit secretsandswimming's Vimeo Channel
    Does anyone have advice on how to make a swimmable net belt? I've never made one before, and all of the YouTube videos I've seen are too (I don't really know how to put it) harsh, ummm, sailor-y, basically not as girly as I would like mine. Any tips would be good!
    -Mermaid Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by secretsandswimming View Post
    Does anyone have advice on how to make a swimmable net belt? I've never made one before, and all of the YouTube videos I've seen are too (I don't really know how to put it) harsh, ummm, sailor-y, basically not as girly as I would like mine. Any tips would be good!
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but the MagicCrafter has this one on her youtube channel.

bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I have smaller lion's paw shells and scallop shells (pretty shallow) for smaller busts, too. Haven't tried an ombre gradient on these yet, but will try that soon!
    I have bought my mermaid top on Amazon and my mermaid sister Alesha Amor made it into an amazing mermaid top she had to altered it a lot because the bust size is too big now it’s fits great

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post
    Okay, got it. Here´s my selfmade mermaid crown which I used to wear at my "Atlantis" themed photoshooting:

Attachment 17605
    That's so beautiful!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

I am loveing this thread so much information !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I just made molds of some pretty big shells, 1 large scallop baking shell, shallow and flat; and 1 good sized Lion's Paw. I cast them in white resin (lightweight and durable!) and I rotocast them so there is space inside for boobage! Ready to paint, and I can drill them before I send them out. I'll take a photo of them tonight, if you like...they are going to be available in my Etsy shop!
    Have you got a link to your Etsy ship please

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest scout's Avatar
    Is there any clays safe to use for underwater use or is it all about the sealer over it? I was thinking of using polymer clay and then sealing it

polymer clay, like Fimo, that you have to bake in an (normal) oven, will become a hard plastic and is waterproof then. I made my locket for Coco that way and already swam with it.

Junior Member Pod of the Midwest scout's Avatar
    Thank you! Also that’s really pretty!